F-5c to 10.7

So then why bother having upgraded aircraft if said upgrades dont come with a cost that a10 is a higher br because it has aim 9ms the f5c has worse missles and flight performance than the e yet they are the same br explain it

If the difference between the 2 airframes is so significant then the F-5E should go up in BR. But its possible for 2 similar aircraft to share a BR. BR are not decided by aircraft vs aircraft comparisons and the F-5C is a premium and the F-5E is on the TT.

Under no circumstances should the F-5C return to 10.7. I know the average US pilot isnt that good. But that is no justification for a Flareless Sub-sonic aircraft to be facing a hoard of OP super-sonic fighters that need their engine temps doubling.

1 Like

Then in your opinion should the mig 21 smt go up then since that is 10.7 with 4 missles and good flight performance since i dont see how that gets to be 10.7 and the f5c 11.0

Yep, it probably should.

1 Like

The F-5C’s engine is miles behind the F-5E’s, missing nearly 1000 horsepower. And let’s not forget it’s stuck with the AIM-9E, an old-school IR missile that other US jets at 9.3 are using it. It’s basically just an AIM-9B with a bit more wiggle room. The overload, acceleration, and range are pretty much identical.

You’re saying the F-5E can take on a Mirage 2000? That’s a bit of a stretch. Most of the time, the F-5E gets its backside handed to it when it’s thrown into a 12.0 match. Plus, the US and Chinese F-5Es are at 11.0, so they’d never see a 12.3 Mirage 2000. The F-5E you’re thinking of must be a Thai one, with those fancy Python 3 missiles. Israeli jets with those are all 12.0 or higher.

Instead of arguing about whether the F-5C and F-5E belong at 11.0, let’s talk about the whole air combat BR changelog. Between 11.0 and 13.0, it’s a mess. Stuff like the F-5C and F-5E/J-7E being at the same BR is just one example. Going back to the old one would be dumb, but the current one is no good either. I hope Gaijin sorts it out by the end of the year.

1 Like

All US jets at 9.3 have either the AIM-9B, AIM-9E or AIM-7C.

He got a single headon kill . . .

Cry about it. Or not, you’ve drained your balls and eyes severe enough.