F-15 Should be 12.7

Someone lied to you when they said the MiG-29SMT is a good dogfighter with slightly worse flight performance than the F-15A.

2 Likes

From every video I’ve seen they’re roughly equivalent, with the MiG-29SMT being better at pulling AoA at speeds <600 kph (not that the MiG-29SMT needs to even move to fight against the F-15 due to the MiG-29SMT having HMD).

And they’re lying to you.

5 Likes

Not just from what they’re saying, from what I’ve literally just seen

High/top-tier compression has always been an issue in this game…

Whenever decompression comes it is too little and too late and usually just leads to other vehicles being moved down, creating compression issues elsewhere.

the radar is L tier because you can notch it the moment you go cold and fly side to side, but the f15 is busted, especially the f15j which has smokeless python like missiles with aim9m irccm.

lol So you want Su-27 at 12.3 as well?

If the F15A receives the TWS mode on the AN/APG 63 then, Ok cool put it at 12.7. It faces mostly 12.7 aircraft anyways, at least make the 11.3-11.7 br range more playable

1 Like

Firstly the whole game needs decompression in about every tier, ground or air.

Having said that, 12.7 aircraft are mostly balanced between them except the su-27 / j-11, those 2 should be higher. Having both the strongest IR and BVR missiles, decent dogfight capability if you know how to fly AND the highest missile count makes them overpowered relative to other 12.7’s.

Anyone who tells you that f-15 or Gripen is as good or better than a flanker in AirRB is out of his mind.

F-15A is not on par with the others at 12.7 due to lack of TWS and HMD but does fine there anyway, it is just annoying to fumble so much with a simple search radar to have situation awareness.

For most players that don’t use radars to be aware of their surroundings, just skim the ground and engage in furballs aggressively, f-15 is ok

2 Likes

Can’t we just get the ASAT to shoot down the space miggers… sorry i meant to say the Su 27

Su-27 is the “worst” of the 12.7s, it’s good just not the top 3, or probably even top 5.
Gripen is #1, Mirage 4000 is #2, F-16C is #3.

1 Like

so the 4K is better than the su 27?

8x Magic 2s with 112 countermeasures on a top-5 airframe.
Yeah, handily better.
Su-27 is memey, it has the R-73s for unaware targets, and R-27s for anyone silly enough to climb while heading directly at the Su-27.
It doesn’t have the airframe performance of the other things though, so it’s limited to boom & zoom, and limited 1v1 situations. Extended furball get it killed compared to even F-15.

1 Like

The SU-27 has the single best BVR loadout ingame, and excellent dogfight missiles. It is solidly the second best 12.7, the M-4K is nowhere close (no hmd, magic 2s are average at best, awful BVR) to the performance of the Gripen, SU-27, MiG-29G, F-16C etc.

2 Likes

An RWR that doesn’t tell you what’s locking you, the “worst” of the top BR radars, and 6 of the 4th best IR missiles.

Mirage 4000 is superior in flight performance and Magic 2s are the 3rd best missile in the game.
BVR has been dead since F-4J.

1 Like

Id “BVR is dead” like you said than why would an advanced RWR be such an issue?

1 Like

Python 3, R-73, AIM-9M, AAM-3, R-27ET, R-27T

It’s an issue if you try to BVR with it.
RWR is required for BVR.

AAM-3 is #1.
AIM-9M is #2.
Magic 2 is #3. It pulls higher Gs for longer range while having the same IRCCM as R-73 currently.
R-73 is #4.
Python 3 is a slightly longer range 9L.

Russians upset that I put their missile at 4th best?

2 Likes

M8 the R-73 is better in a headon, dogfight, or any short-mid range missile launch.

1 Like

->Flares.
Bye, front-on R-73.
->Flares.
Bye, non-launched R-73.

“Then I’ll just get on the enemies exhaust when they’re afterburning.”
F-15, Gripen, Mirage 4000, F-16, F-14, etc all out-maneuvering you cause the Su-27 bleeds too much speed then getting on the Su-27’s afterburning tail.

There’s a reason Su-27 is the jet I rarely die to in top air RB.

1 Like