Does USA dislikes SPAAs?

The Gap from M19/M42 to M163 I think is more painful than the gap from M163 to SGT York and should be addressed first.

Really, they should give the M42 Duster proxy HE option, since it could fire them.

Idk, probably because they have the strongest CAS in that BR range too.

Spaa is needed there it cost more to spawn a aircraft than a spaa. Not to mention when you get closer to the early jets the m42 really shows its age.

CAP would be needed to replace spaa not CAS.

@jaded_sakura77 Then don’t post bait?
Skink is better than Wirbelwind at anti-air, and people love the Wirbelwind.

funny-hahaha

13 Likes

Perfect for a stop gap between 5.7? Skink and 7.3 M163

I always forget what the name of the damn Gepard York was, yes that’s also sorely missing.

America has well over a dozen great SPAA options, it’s just now after literal years is Gajin planning on adding some.

Although IRL America didn’t use SPAAs alot as they had air superiority.

I think some people don’t know that CAP and CAS are different.

There are plenty, just that Gaijin isnt paying them much attention.

In armor/protection I can agree, in firepower no.

Skink’s shells traveling at 838 m/s won’t help much. Wirbelwind’s shells travel at 1050 m/s and that allows it to reach its target faster. Having to over compensate on the Skink just to hit a target just makes it harder to use against CAS. Overall, Wirbelwind will do a better job shooting CAS down when comparing it to the skink. If the Skink had shells that can travel over 1000 m/s, then thats when I would agree that its better.

6 Likes

The Skink also just has objectively terrible targeting speed compared to a wirbely bro, you have to move your whole chassis to get your guns on target quickly.

5 Likes

I think the answer is no.USA relied on Air superiority not SPAA.
There may be a few tokens but they will be firing MGs at very fast props or early Jets.
So we have a gap or some bizarre time traveler thrown in to fill the gap.

Hard to know if its actually Gaijin’s fault as they get flak either way ,no pun intended.

I will say it is very much Gaijins fault looking at the suggestion page and all the SPAA listed on there.

3 Likes

I have made a suggestion and not heard anything ,There is an M24 variant that might help around 5BR .

3 Likes

They have all these vehicles suggested yours included. A lot have been passed to the devs they just chose to focus on top tier cause it brings the dough. Can’t blame them for that but not adding mid teir SPAA for so long is pretty stupid.

2 Likes

They should have just never added APFSDS to the XM800T. I do not understand what possessed them to do that other than the fact that they didn’t want the US to have a good SPAA from 6.0-6.7.

That goes for a lot of SPAA in the game. Trying to balance SPAA vehicles as both SPAAs and Tank Killers is impossible.

With Gaijin doing that, it just opened a massive gate. First was the compromise for the fire rate for the Japanese PG-02, but now new flood gates have opened for certain vehicles, similar to the Skink. Where it makes no sense to put it in only one tree. So instead putting it in both is the best compromise.

The Geopard has APDS I don’t think it is much of a deal of the shell it using compared to the roll it was designed for. It is a reconnaissance tank with AA capabilities.