Does USA dislikes SPAAs?

The Wirble’s APCR works just fine as an anti-aircraft round. I use it just so I don’t have to change belts when transitioning from ground to air targets.

Also the wirble is fairly well protected from rockets. You have to get a direct hit with HVARS to knock them out. Against milk trucks rockets are way better.

I used the HVAP-T/API-T set only and it works for me. I don’t use the HE ones, too slow for me. The faster the rounds, the higher the chance of downing CAS easier.

I’ll never forget this moment lol

Spoiler

So basically what happened was the US had SPAA then made planes that were so good they didn’t need SPAA anymore (helped by the fact they deleted the Luftwaffe) and only made the Bofors guys until the M163

Let me start off with saying I’m very disappointed Gaijin are adding the Skink to the US tree. They had no hand in the development, never used the vehicle, and didn’t even want it.

Gaijin should just actually start adding indigenous US SPAA vehicles as a matter of priority, such as (I’d add photos but I don’t know how to add spoilers on the new forum):

• T10E1: Likely around 2.7 or 3.0. Has 2x 20mm guns. Uses half-track chassis.

• M34 GMC: Likely around 2.7 or 3.0. Has a 40mm bofors. Uses half-track chassis.

• T60: Likely around 3.3. Has 2x .50 cals and a 40mm bofors. Uses half-track chassis.

• T68: Likely around 3.3 or 3.7. Has 2x 40mm bofors in an under-over arrangement. Uses half-track chassis.

• T36: Likely around 3.3. Has a 40mm bofors. Uses a M3 Medium chassis, completely enclosed.

• T77: Likely around 3.7 or 4.0. Has 6x .50 cals. Uses a Chaffee chassis so it’s immune to MG fire. Though not sure how bullet resistant the glass domes will be.

• T85E1: Likely around 4.0 or 4.3. Has 4x 20mm guns. Based on a Stuart chassis.

• T52: Likely around 4.7. Has 2x .50 cals and a 40mm bofors. Uses a Sherman chassis and is completely enclosed.

• Half-track (Elco turret): Not sure what the official designation is. Likely around 5.3. Has 2x .50 cals and 4x 20mm guns. Uses half-track chassis.

• M114A2: Likely around 5.3 - 5.7. Has a M139 (HS.820) 20mm.

• M19 (T22): Likely around 5.7. Has an automatic 75mm cannon with 45 rounds per minute.

• M113 (triple M139): Likely around 6.3. Has 3x M139 (HS.820) 20mm.

• T100: Likely around 7.3. Has 4x .60 cal guns. Has radar, so hard to go lower sadly.

There’s tons more too. Which is why it’s so disappointing they’re adding Skink. There’s literally 2 dozen vehicles or more that can fit those gaps.

9 Likes

That’s the thing, the P-47’s and F-4’s are plenty capable of both.

I wouldn’t say that the US had no hand in the Skinks development given it’s basically a sherman with a redesigned turret to house the 20m guns.

And with that logic we might as well give the US every single Sherman based vehicle ever made.

1 Like

I hope its one of those things where its a temporary addition (already modeled) in lieu of a domestic alternative, and will be removed when a real vehicle comes out.

It wouldn’t have even happened if they had put the Ram in Britain all those years ago. This whole “skink where” debate is purely caused by the Ram being in the American tree.

1 Like

If it needs it, sure. The US could have received Israel as a sub-tree and received the M-51s. Besides them the only shermans in the game are the Firefly and the French one- not really vehicles the US tree needs.

Most nations played literally no role in the development of modern US aircraft and they still get access to them. Just look at the F-16AJ

1 Like

Also, of these I personally don’t want to see the M1214A2, M113, or T100 in this gap because its like “the ww2 era” and seeing a random M113 with a guy sitting on top with Hispanos breaks my immersion

I know stupid thing to complain about but like why have that one when we could get that 2x 50cal and 4x 20mm thing or the T77 or the T85E. I’d rather have something that doesn’t look horribly out of place (looking at you, Leopard 40/70)

1 Like

List them all lol Cuz this is the kind of list people want/need to fill the gap.

I might add to it when I get time.

1 Like

Most of the fair ideas would be added along with others SPAA in same BR, and when there’s a good option for top tier, example, it’s way too away from the game’s scenario of short (very short) range maps, either in air and ground.

Maybe the Vigilante is a good idea, but it would be added after M163 and the gap would still exist.

I hate to say this, but I play usa and they will get very little new SPAA systems (besides one or two) the more modern Us military uses the air force as their air defense. Which is actually super effective in game to use. What we really need is the systems they made to intercept already incoming air to ground ordinance.

The US has plenty of modern options

MIM-46 is SARH missile, and there is no corresponding mechanism in the game. In fact, the RIM-24 missile is also SARH, but gaijin made its guidance type the AIMMING guidance,that is to say, It earliest missile control mechanism

According to many players, M19 and M42 are better used as a TD rather than using it to shoot planes as you won’t hit anything, the M16 MGMC is the best SPAA until M134 (the M134 is also a somewhat dogS SPAA in its respective br)

So this makes the USA’s SPAA gap EVEN BIGGER

If I gonna try to get rid of planes when playing USA 6.7, then I’m left with no other option and forced to use the M16 which is a 2.7 vehicle bro

1 Like

Tell you didnt didn read what Smin wrote without telling me

Yeah, it jsut show how most of WT players cant read…and i think it connect to that not many know where is their mini map, look at it and us it. (Sorry…mini map is just a rant of mine as im getting very angy about it)

Yes, US are getting their own vehicles. That’s why there’s no point of them getting the Skink… Comprehension buddy.