Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

I guess the development log was written backwards. When it was first updated, it seemed that the night gunner had become eight times, and now it has changed back to 4 ~ 10 times.

2 Likes

I got someone to double check for me so unless they’re lying the gunner sight should be unchanged

1 Like

Correct, the gunner sight is unchanged, what was changed was the Commander’s sight which is now a fixed 8x with 9 degree of FOV

Sorry lads, it seems this is the final ch2 version.

If this turns out to be the case, this is shoddiest, low effort, poor quality “fix” that I could have imagined.

13 Likes

Can you link the post?

Got it from here :

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/1bekfel/official_answer_the_improved_armor_of_the/

3 Likes

So im still not buying the OES then. Best way to show what you think is through your wallet.

(This post will be deleted by gaijin i bet)

9 Likes

The funny thing about most of the updates was that there was always something wrong with the Challenger, either the mobility or the armor or the arrangement of the ammunition and it felt like they fixed these errors but in the next update the same errors were there or others.

What…

I’m speechless, they are planning to leave it as it is on the current live???

3 Likes

It would have been nice to have gotten an answer about this, rather than us finding out via a translation from the Russian forum.

2 Likes

Yes.

When Britain has the best vehicle of the update, it probably means the update as a whole was bad.

The fox is brilliant (it will go to 10.0 by next week)

3 Likes

Trust this to be the one thing they fix quickly

7 Likes

@Smin1080p Please confirm that the currently released ch2 version is the final version, barring bug reports.

I am not looking for a long statement, just a yes or no.

2 Likes

First one from me
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/4mQq8HZowwAs

1 Like

from RU forum

1 Like

all the accumulated Chally 2 hopes are sinking like a Titanic now

2 Likes

It honestly feels like we’ve been trolled by them. To make it look so promising on the dev server, only to completely revert it to even worse than it was before… some coincidence.

I love how the burden of proof is on us as always to prove something is wrong with it.

3 Likes

I think the most insulting part of all this is that they demonstrated that they could improve it to being somewhat level with the other tanks it faces or at least give it something it does uniquely.

And then they turned around, slapped everyone in the face and told everybody to get bent.

Truly I look forward to when we repeat this in the next five years time or so, because the challengers are never going to get buffed.

3 Likes