Challenger 2 MBT - Technical data and Discussion (Part 1)

Alright me perfect.

Spading it rn, it’s fucking pain at 10.3. It’s just full of f5c who will ignore everyone to focus you.

The fox is very good, already got a nuke with it, I dont want to touch the Cr2 atm.

1 Like

Love the fox, praise the fox. Got a nuke in my first game just be using the fox and the strike master. Shooting myself in the foot for not grinding the cent mk 2 while I had the chance.

1 Like

the dmg model of the turret should be the same. and unlike the cr2s the roof still gets pened

Spade it in sim with a 400% booster on a empty server and just bomb bases. Fully researched and spaded in 3hrs

The hull charge bins are not the same thickness between the cr2, cr2 2f and the tes

The Challenger 2E uses the dual channel 580 sight, the production Challenger 2 does not, and it was never upgraded.

do you have picture about 2E mantlet?

@Fireball_2020 do you think it is possible to add another 30mm plate for CR2E?
2E: 30+60+400

Nope it’s all written by players (I am one of those players)

I’ve been uptiering it to 7.7, lots of squishy BMPs to bully lmao

I genuinely broke out with laughter on this comment. Well played

New update guys.

After investigating we the dev team have found we incorrectly modelled the new challenger 2 mantlet as toothpaste. Sources show it should in fact be shaving cream. Metrics to be changed accordingly.

10 Likes

Gaijin- we have sekrit documents that we wont show you to suggest that the mantlet is acutualy a dust cover made of 5mm thick aluminium and that the round fired by the main calibre gun is in fact a 120mm potato.

1 Like

In CR2: the powertrain is Harry Maguire. The charge is a tea bag, and the shell is Alex Ferguson’s football shoes

7 Likes

The tea bag charges ,whist mostly inert , have a tendency to violently explode when breathed upon

If you leave the teabags in long enough you can supercharge the rounds.

1 Like

Well, no. The Cr3 has different angle of the cheeks and the mantlet inside has a different structure

Due to instalation of Bowman, Challengers with DL2F,2G,2H and 2I lost one dart stored at the side of the turret, deincreasing total ammo count to 49. That was not present in game, but with this rework it was introduced
Normal Cr2
2F TES and OES
To fill the 4 round ready rack this was included into it
So whether you like it or no, you are forced to carry one round that has a DM that will explode when hit by anything, as it is a HESH model. It does not seem to infuence tank survivability when shot at the left site of the mantlet, as spall does not go that low, but it will need some testing to see.