British Helicopter Tech Tree - Discussion Topic

Render, no 7 launcher exist afaik

1 Like

I’m reaching into the depths of my brain here so cut me some slack, but iirc thats a really early render from early in the Wildcat development process, at the time they had settled on a higher, single hardpoint wing, instead of what we have now, with a lower, longer wing with two hard points, early enough that they’d where calling it lynx wildcat or future lynx lmao

Yea, it is from Future Lynx times. Still it would be fun if ever 7 rack gets created. 28 missiles in total would be fun, but not practical in real life.

This is an early render as already pointed out. IIRC the in-service pylon can use up to 10 on each side (for a total of 20) or a mix of Sea Venom and Martlet.

Future Lynx opens up a can of worms, as it was proposed to get Hellfires, or maybe even Brimstone. These were never fitted outside of renders as far as I know, and the only other weapons used on the Wildcat apart from those used in UK service are the Spikes used by the ROK Navy.

1 Like

Oh trust me, i know it wery well, sadly…

I suppose we could ask for them in game; we’ve had much worse offenders, let’s be honest

Let me present you with their answear:

1 Like

Same chap on Secret Projects has posted the diagrams for the Royal Navy’s Whirlwind HAR Mk.9, AS.11 mounts as well

Gives a clearer idea of the heat shield fitted on the port side

2 Likes

That would be incredibly busted. Imagine carrying a mix of 28x Martlets and Starstreaks

1 Like

Yay, Gaijin: it’s too OP with 28 missiles. Nerfs it to only 8 missiles and nerfs starstreaks some more

3 Likes

Hold up, why does your profile say that you haven’t been online in 19688 days XD

I use this account for talking and my other Sea Harrier account for playing

Edit: This accounts email was also lost so I can only use this account posting

With Starstreaks getting a massive SP cost. Does this mean we can get them unnerfed. Give them their full Anti-tank capabilies?

IMG_4542

The significance of British helicopters no longer exists.

5 Likes

Unfortunately youll struggle to find any information to make a bug report to that effect.

Only stuff I’ve ever seen is for APC type targets. Which is shit like the M113 and MTLB which you can pen with both the Heli and ground versions of Starstreak without issue.

Lmao

1 Like

“Manufacturers publishment, obviously propaganda so doesn’t count except for when we decide it does”

5 Likes

Well, it gives 0 numbers