Britain Heli Tree: What's left to be added at all BRs

Thanks to @Morvran and @Rileyy3437 for inspiring this post and making ones for Britain’s Air and Naval Trees. Links to both are below:

Would you like to see more helicopters featured in the British Heli tree in the near future?
  • Yes, britain needs more helicopters
  • No, britian is fine with 4
0 voters

Now please note this list is WIP and will be updated if further Additions are possible, additionally this thread has a seperate post purely for commonwealth/ other plausible nations (Jordan, Oman etc.) But for other nations is only for nations alreay featured in the UK tech tree, or vehicles with a strong precident to come to the Tree.

if you have a helicopter to Suggest please comment with the Helis Name, Proposed BR and any pre existing suggestions for said Helicopter, also feel free if you want to add a short description of the Helis usage and Armament to save me having to.

BR Placement is purely based on what I think they would have in RB considering their Armament, differences to pre-existing Helis, etc. Many will most likely not be correct

BR 7.3 - 8.0
Westland Gazelle AH.1 ~7.7 (unless we can prove it carried more than rockets, if so then ill move it up)

Spoiler

Westland Gazelle AH.1 The long lived - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Westland Whirlwind ~ 7.7

Spoiler

No suggestion Yet :)

Westland Wessex Commando Mk.1 ~8.0

Spoiler

Westland Wessex Commando Mk.1: Welcome to the Jungle

BR 8.3-9.0

Wessex HAS.1 (XM300) ~ 8.3

Spoiler

No suggestion yet :)

Westland Wessex HU.5 ~8.7

Spoiler

ADDED AS OF UPDATE “ALPHA STRIKE”

Agusta A109 ~8.7

Spoiler

Agusta A109 Hirundo: Shaken Not Stirred

BR 9.3 - 10.0

Lynx HAS.2 ~9.3

Spoiler

No suggestion yet but proof of armament
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGWJG4iYWqg (1.12 shows 4 AS.12)

Lynx AH.1 early (without Hellfires) ~9.7

Spoiler

Lynx HAR.3 ~ 10.0

Spoiler

BR 10.3 - 11.0

BAE Mi-24 ~10.3

Spoiler

BAE Mi-24 Hind-D: Hind goes to Britain

Lynx AH.7 ~10.7

Spoiler

No suggestion Yet :)

Lynx HMA.8 ~ 10.7

Spoiler

Westland Lynx 3 ~10.7

Spoiler

Westland Lynx (multiple variants) - Implemented Suggestions - War Thunder - Official Forum

Lynx (Cyclops) ~ 11.3

Spoiler

this is cyclops for anyone wondering

Super Lynx 300/ Mk.140 ~11.0

Spoiler

BR 11.3 +

Westland/ Sikorsky WS-70 Black Hawk~ 11.3

Spoiler

Westland/Sikorsky WS-70 Blackhawk - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcat HMA.2 ~11.3

Spoiler

AW159 Wildcat AH.1 "The New Kid" - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

AH-64E Apache ~12.3 +

Spoiler

AH-64E Apache in UK Service - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

4 Likes

Possible Commonwealth/ Other additions

South africa

7.3 - 8.0

A109E LUH ~ 7.7

Spoiler

XH-1 Alpha ~ 7.7

Spoiler

10.3 - 11.0

XPT-1 Beta ~ 10.7

Spoiler

11.3 +

XH-2 Rooivalk ~ 11.3

Spoiler

Super Hind Mk.3 ~ 11.3

Spoiler

Super Hind Mk.4

Spoiler

New Zealand

9.3-10.0

SH-2G Super Sea Sprite ~ 9.7

Spoiler

No Suggestion yet :)

Australia

11.3 +

SH-60 Seahawk ~ 11.3

Spoiler

UH-60M Black Hawk ~ 11.3

Spoiler

Eurocopter Tiger ARH ~ 11.3

Spoiler

AH-64 E ~ 12.3

Spoiler

Canada

8.3 - 9.0

Bell CH-136 Kiowa ~ 8.3

Spoiler

CH-136 Kiowa

10.3-11.0

CH-146 Griffin ~10.3

Spoiler

No suggestion yet :) (see below for details)

Jordan

AH-1F SES Cobra ~ 9.7

Spoiler

AH-1F (SES) an old Cobra with new fangs

Algeria

10.3-11.0

Super Lynx Mk.140

Spoiler

2 Likes

here’s a possible layout for the British Heli tree with South African helicopters also

2 Likes

Im not sure why you put the CH-136 Kiowa so high BR when it never was fitted/tested with Guided armament, I would think 8.3-8.7 at most since it has LWR, Radar warning, Flares/Chaff etc. or even lower possibly*

2 Likes

Ahh thank you, i will change it now

yeah Canada never really tested with heavily arming their helicopters

yeah, I just saw ‘launcher’ on the armament and assumed it was a form of ATGM, just my lack of observation skills lol

No worries. I wish they did more but sadly they never did. However there is at least one time that a Canadian helicopter has been armed with attack armament.

Bell CH-146 Griffon (c/n 46401)

I am still completely unsure on how Canadian Officers let this company mount things to one of their Helicopter’s, as Canada has not official armed the CH-146 with this armament.
http://cfdintl.com/h-1_oms/

Photos

would be a cool addition nonetheless, whether it be in the British tree or a future Canadian one, mind if I add it to the list?

Yeah why not, its a valid suggestion im just busy with other things to suggest it at this time

1 Like

Canada could provide Helicopters but that would require Navel to be at a point ASW helis are needed as those are the only ones I could find that had anti-vehicle weapons.

But as of right now ASW helis have no place in War Thunder.

1 Like

I have no doubt there will be a place for them in the future, its only a matter of time before we start seeing ships with helipads and hangers…

Cant wait to blow a battleship out of the water with a heli launched AShM

A Royal New Zealand Navy SH-2G Super Seasprite could be a good Commonwealth addition. It was armed with a pair of AGM-65 Mavericks:

3 Likes

So, I have updated this post with a poll, feel free to answer it to give gaijin a better idea of how many people want more helicopters in the british tech tree

Cheers in advance!

They also use a Penguin which is even more powerful but more expensive which I think is why NZ started using the Maverick. My question is where does a helicopter with only two good missiles sit BR wise? I’d also like to know what weapons the SH-2F had in NZ service before the Super Seasprite.
An AU/NZ heli tree would be a solid addition to the UK, UH-1H Bushranger, Seasprite, Seahawk, Tiger ARH, and soon AH-64E.

Similar to the Wasp with its two AS.12s?

The UK could get it’s own AH-64E, but the others would be good additions?

I meant to say AH-64E but yes, some slight overlap there. Maybe just make the Australian camo an unlockable one on the UK one. Unless they actually end up having a difference (in weaponry possibly), maybe the Australian one would be premium in that case.

GET IN THERE A WESSEX!!
I’m very pleased to hear

1 Like