BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I have also nudged the 540lb bomb report.

Thank you.

I just use that bug report as a benchmark. If they wont fix something so minor as 540s (that are already on the aircraft) missing from several pylons. Then how can we ever expect:

• Starstreaks to be usable
  • FRS1 and F3 cockpits HUDs to be added
  • Gr7 MAWS
  • Tornado FM to be finished
  • Tornado Gr1 to get any of its massive missing features
  • CR2 bugs to be addressed
  • Red tops and SRAAM to be usable
  • etc etc

The list for Britain seems to get longer, never shorter.

2 Likes

Replace Britain with literally any nation. We’re not special in anyway when it comes to bugs pilling up. Speak to any “main” of any nation and you get the same response.

But we’re dragging this off topic now anyway.

3 Likes

Sad german Puma noises but i am happy at long last the gepard1a2 at least got fixed, now it only needs its FAPDS ammo

I suspect they’ll wait until the Christmas to add it IIRC no other vehicle uses it so its a new ammunition behaviour for them. Gripen uses it on the 27mm mauser so it should probably be implemented soon after that?

I finally found evidence that the Harrier stores system does accept six Sidewinders. @Gunjob’s now put a report in.

14 Likes

So 6 aim9 huh? Does the 3dr pair come with bol or no? If no and this is implemented it will be another weapons selector moment.

1 Like

Which Harrier is that for Gr7 or Gr9?

Also what is this funny ECM button? I wonder what it does

1 Like

The GR.5, 7 & 9

1 Like

Ah nice…

Takes you to the ECM page on the MFD probably (remember the Harrier has a bunch of different ECM equipment.

4 Likes

So, CCRP has had some minor fixes. You can now select the “Bomb (auto)” CCRP interface in the cockpit with guided bombs, without having an unguided weapon at the same time on the airframe. But it is still manual release. They have yet to add a computer controlled release for them.

So its a lot better, no longer need to take that centre line bomb anymore (at least from my ultra limited, 1 test flight test) but still got a long way to go before CCRP and GBUs are fully intergrated

2 Likes

ah event time is harrier hunting time, it is really nice to plant Aim 9Ms in the foreheads of ungieded rocket farmers when in the 10.3-11.0 sim bracket

even if kills dont give you as much points

Ah yeah, the happy times. Though I do actually need to go and do that farming, I think id kinda like the event vehicle

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sad that the ground units give so few score, I am currently running 4x9Ms with BOL + 4x Maverick for ground targets

he is an aboslute skin wizzard when it comes to harriers

3 Likes

i dont know if its worth anything but our HUD has a NSN XD

1 Like

Well… R.I.P. Harrier GR.7 in ASB. 9M useless without recognition on radarless plane, and BOL now its… meh… So GJ just killed that plane. For God’s sake, i started to believe what GJ its hatred to British tech tree

1 Like

They need to remove 9M and drop it back to 11.7 in SB and 11.3 in RB. There is just no need for it to have 9Ms and be so high. Harrier Gr9A with the better engine and HMD can come at 12.0 with 9Ms again.