Aim-7

Yea, I’ve done the same with the Tornado IDS in Air RB. The two Aim9Ls aren’t really very helpful.

No, I can’t because I’m supposed to fight them and I can’t because GJ decided SPO10 can’t pickup Doppler radar. That’s the point of the problem.
Then GJ mitigates that by reducing BR and gives R73s to Su39s at that BR which is ridiculous and the whole “system” goes to shit. I’ve been watching this garbage going on in WT for 10 years now.

And yes, sometimes I feel like playing fighters and fight other players and somethings I feel like playing
attackers and do the “work” winning the game.

Whats annoying is they could all get Aim-9L/i or Aim-9M and theyd be no more powerful than the Jaguar IS with Magic IIs or Su-25 with R-73s

Look, you’re doing it wrong. You’re not supposed to fight Mig23 with SHarrier. That’s fighter’s job.
If there’s no fighters on the team try if it works and if it doesn’t just leave game. You don’t have to play, if the game doesn’t work for you.

Take your own advice.

Exactly what we’ve been telling you about the f-14

Sea Harrier IS a fighter

Yeah, but it’s stupid. Mig23 at that BR is supposed to fight F14. Sea Harrier isn’t.
This is a point of the issue. If/when I leave, who’s left? Attackers and bombers who stand even less chance against F14. How is this gameplay working?

That would be called an uptier. Almost all vehicles struggle against a 1.0 uptier, that is kind of how the system works.

The Sea harrier FRS1 has to fight the Mig-23MLD 75% of the time (for the record im using the FRS1 because britain doesnt actually have any fighters at 11.0 or 11.3 except for the F4JUNK)

10.7-11.7 bracket, 10.7-11.3 Bracket and 10.3-11.3 bracket

The Mig-23ML or Mig-23MLD has to fight the F-14 50% of the time

11.0-11.7 Bracket and 10.7-11.7 bracket.

The number of matches Id have to face the Mig-23ML in the Sea harrier FRS1 is greater than the number of matches you have to face the F-14

Now like a normal person. I simply dont play the Sea Harrier at any of those brackets. Im either in the F3 making P2W Mig-23MLs cry or im in lower brackets in aircraft like the Hunter.

Which reminds me. Btw the Premium Mig-23ML at 11.0 is identical to the German Mig-23MLA at 11.3 and its apparently the US players getting hand outs

No, it doesn’t. It can get into that many games vs Mig23, but SHarrier doesn’t “have to” fight Mig23.
Player in Mig23 must fight F14, because there’s no one else to. See the difference?

Hang on what?

Please identify for me Britains 11.0 or 11.3 fighter equivalent to the Mig-23MLD.

There isnt one. We have to use our 10.7 fighters.

Which means, in an 11.3 match. Where our only aircraft is the Tornado Gr1. I “have to” use aircraft like the Sea Harrier FRS1 because there’s no one else to.

And quite frankly. the Mig-23MLD should be 11.7 in my opinion. Only reason its 11.3 is because devs giving soviets free hand outs

I find F4 vs Mig23 a good fight.
I mixed a couple of times with Mig23 in LW’s F4F and came out on top, even though I didn’t have all aspect heaters.
I can only imagine an F4 with AIM7 being a solid match for Mig23.

I’m not getting into particular BRs because this is a mess, again, because all GJ does is ad hoc measures to mitigate immediate disasters, instead of a proper and thorough balancing.

Then dont play the 11.7 brackets then. Only play the Mig-23 when its 11.3. 0 chance of encountering F-14s.

Play something like Mig-21 at 10.7

Soviets actually had inverse monopulse seekers in the r23,r24, and r27. They’ve just never been as good as western ones.

I do like to play EC7, but there’s simply nothing else in GER TT, but that Mig23.
F4F is a great plane, but lack of MRM, or all aspect heaters permanently puts me into defensive and you just can do air superiority that way.

The game really screws with your perception of time in this regard.

Makes it seem like the R-23 having an inverse monopulse seeker was really advanced, and then your remember that the AIM-54 entered service at the same time or slightly before.

2 Likes

Your Tornado F3?

It’s 11.7.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s 11.3 unless they moved it and I didn’t notice.

Nevermind I just noticed this was in relation to sim.

1 Like

If you have proof that it could detect pulse doppler radar in real life then submit a bug report. Otherwise it’s historically accurate.

2 Likes