Wow… a slightly constructive post, slightly. Amazing.
Glad you could finally see the logic.
The reality of 10.7 is that almost every plane has its trade-offs, and evaluating a vehicle based only on its weaknesses while ignoring its flight model strengths is what leads to flawed conclusions.
If you play to the A-5C’s thrust, energy retention in a 2-cycle fights, and decent missile performance rather than forcing turns against dedicated dogfighters, you will find it is more than capable where it sits.
Granted, there are outliers like the J-7D that barely have any trade-offs and lean toward OP, but that is a separate issue entirely.
See the logic? Do you see what a troll you are by just starting everything with skill issue? Of course I see that logic that you spoke right there. I even alluded to some of your “logic” in my first post when I was talking about the characteritics. Lol. SMH. I still think it is over tiered. Everyone I know thinks the same including some air mains that have played since the game started. I get that you don’t, but that was the very first post you made with any logic other than “skill issue”.
There is the F-5A(G)-40 at 11.0 but that’s just because of its 9Ls
Brushing off the original callout as trolling does not change the fact that evaluating a plane solely by its flaws while ignoring its strengths is where the argument fails.
Talking about characteristics in a vacuum without analyzing how they perform against the broader 10.7 lineup is not an objective assessment. Appealing to your friends or long-time players changes nothing either.
Playtime has never been a guarantee of skill, as there are plenty of terrible players who have been playing for years, which is why I rarely value anecdotal opinions unless they come from competitive or tournament players.
The A-5C has clear strengths in acceleration, 2-cycle energy retention, and missile performance that fully justify its position at 10.7. Pointing out that struggling with those tools comes down to how you fly the plane is a legitimate critique, not trolling.
Also it got penguin which received one more use case with release of nuclear escalation
Except when you are an asshole about it, that’s trolling.
Not really, it doesn’t act like the penguin irl, it’s more like a glorified maverick with long range and only tracks at 2km with a 3° fov, it’s basically useless due to all the things wrong with it. Not mention it basically does no damage.
That if you are actually one of the people who fell for base bombing propaganda im sorry but the problem is you.
Otherwise i don’t understand how you would think that a plane with the most dominant foolproof flightmodel for its br should go down. Theres not a single plane that beats you in the triangle of speed, climb, turn. Most of them don’t even beat you in 2 of the 3 categories. Having only 18 LCM as a tradeoff seems pretty good.
And compared to the other 10.7 apart that the j7d, which is undertiered, has better missiles which plane is actually better than the a5c.
The mirage 3c?
The nfa 5?
The Jaguar, Hawk, Sea harrier or Bucc?
And for the missiles, jaguar and mirage have the same on arguably more limited airframes.
Every IR missile except for the high tier ones become useless the second the other person is aware youre launching. R60 often dont even have to be flared because they carry so little kinetic energy that every shot around mach 1 outside of 2km distance is pointless.
Well technically “scratch paint off ship” counts as use case :)
True but at that point just brings bombs lol
If you think getting blunt advice on basic jet mechanics makes someone an asshole, forum discussions might not be for you.
Admitting that you struggle with energy management or flare usage is fine, but blaming the aircraft and calling people trolls when they point out your mistakes will not help you improve at the game.
Your advice was “skill issue”. Lol. You are right though, I generally avoid forums because it is full of people like you, who took multiple asshole messages to finally provide something of substance. If you started with your actual critique, that would have been different.
I take advice really really well. It’s just when you are an asshole about it right away, or when I wasn’t asking for advice, that’s when things change. If you look at my stats, you will ssee that I take advice really well and improve fast. I have been playing for 15 months. I have just started playing air rb. This post wasn’t about advice though, it was about an opinion on the BR of the plane. You decided to mansplain skill issue instead of arguing the br of the plane.
All those stats you posted and said I was terrible becauses of, those were ground rb stats outside of a few strike craft where I was ground pounding air rb events with. So… once again you should probably just not be a troll and not make assumptions.
Claiming you were not asking for advice while opening a public thread demanding a BR change is completely contradictory.
When you publicly post that a plane is unplayable at 10.7, people are naturally going to examine the actual gameplay mechanics that dictate its performance, such as energy management, countermeasure usage, and radar counters.
Blaming others for your own lack of air RB experience while admitting you have only played for 15 months just proves the point.
Calling people assholes and hiding behind tone policing because your gameplay mistakes were highlighted is not taking advice well; it is just making excuses for a basic lack of game knowledge.
God you are still yapping?
You brought a flawed balance take to a public forum, got called out on basic mechanics, and now you have nothing left to say except “yapping”. Thanks for proving my point.
Enjoy the 10.7 games :)
Enjoy yapping to yourself. I brought a well constructed argument. Your base argument was skill issue. You provided zero advice until many many posts later. You don’t get to say “Thanks for proving my point” like a narcissist. You are just a troll. A troll that is the absolute worst ground player I have ever seen lol.
Where did I blame others? Where did I say it was unplayable outside of when you get a full 11.7 uptier? Talking about performance, energy management, counter measure usage and radar counters is exactly the type of discourse I was looking for. Not “lol skill issue”. I called you an asshole, not others. Just you. The absolute dog water ground player lol.
I explicitly brought up vertical fighting and BFM in my very early response.
Pretending that advice was never given and shifting the goalposts to ground stats(not related to ARB lol) only proves how desperate you are to avoid talking about your BFM misplays.
“Just fly vertical” while saying skill issue is not advice lol. Oh dear god you need so many lessons in basic human interaction and how to constructively give advice. Still the worst ground player I have ever seen and it is relevant because you called me a terrible player. You don’t get to hide behind your terrible stats when you call my above average stats terrible.