A-5C BR change needed

I am also not desperate to avoid talking about misplays. I am more than willing to be critiqued on how I fly something if it is constructive and not from a troll.

Claiming you are open to discussing misplays while rejecting vertical fighting as “not advice” is pure self-deception.

Calling core flight mechanics “not advice” only proves your complete ignorance of BFM. You got exact mechanical feedback from the early posts, but you rejected it because you cannot face the reality of a clear skill issue.

You really think what you provided was advice? I have no rejection of the skill issue argument, I just think it is a dumb argument in this post when that was not what we were talking about. So once again, you are making assumptions.

Claiming the plane is unusable at 10.7 while calling vertical fighting “irrelevant” to its performance is the entire problem.

You cannot separate a plane’s BR from how it is flown, though I doubt you even know what BFM actually means. Rejecting core flight mechanics while asking why the plane is 10.7 only proves your complete ignorance. That is why it was a skill issue from sentence one.

And that is why you are a troll. I’ll tell you what, you teach me basic flight mechanics, and I’ll teach you how to shoot ground targets? Deal?

Once again, not unplayable. I said at 11.7 uptiers it makes certain battlesunplayable, but in it’s BR it definitely isn’t unplayable. That message was also halfway through the thread, not the initial post. Thats you reaching again. I also didn’t say vertical was irrelevant, I gave my point of view. I also said I go vert and explained when it doesn’t work at 10.7.

SAying “aim your gun at the enemy tank bro” wouldn’t be very helpful advice for you in ground rb right? so why would “just go vert” be good advice when I already said I am not that great at Air RB. I haven’t hidden from that reality. The issue is when your terrible post was skill issue right away instead of anything constructive.

I don’t know if you guys have actually played the A-5C at it’s current batle rating recently but the serious BR compress in this bracket (10.0 to 12.0) has pretty much broken this jet’s Viability. You’re constantly fighting faster and more modern fighters that can dictate just about every single engagement. At it’s current tier it struggles to catch up to most jets on the deck. Practically the only way to get a kill rn is to play like a pure rat, hugging the edges of the map and ambushes.

When it comes to weaponry, I agree with the Matra 1 being really great on paper with the 35G pull but the problem is that it has ZERO flare resistance. Dumb rockets can juke the missile too. Anyone with even an inkling of basic awareness can dodge the missile with a single flare. Not to mention that most peeps you’re fighting have FAR more countermeasures. Once your only two missles are flared, you’re essentially neutered and need to rely on your 23 mms that have horrific muzzle velocity that need you to pull extreme angles to land a hit if you can even catch them in the first place. Plus this is harder to do when the Jet handles like the titanic over 800 Km/h.

On the forum everyone agrees with how the A-5C has a great climb rate and vertical energy retention but this sorta falls apart in actual matches at the current BR. Pitching up into a vertical essentially makes you easy pickings for radar missiles. At this BR, you’re regularly fighting MIG-25PDs with their R40RDs, Jaktviggens with their Skyflashes and F4s/ Kurnasses with the Aim 7s. Notching and evading get’s considerably harder when you have a total pool of 18 countermeasures which you have to divvy up with flares.

It makes for a mediocre attacker too seeing as you’re basically running mop-up duty once all the faster bombers (and the dudes running bombs on fighters like the J7D).

All-in-all, I feel as though it’s severly underperforming at it’s current BR. It’s highly sub-par currently being outturned or outpaced by just about everything it faces and changing it’s BR to 10.3 would make it much more competitive. Or atleast change it to being an actual threat and not just someone actively just hunting for scraps.

2 Likes

Very well said. I found it funny that everyone who said I had a skill issue and told me to just go vertical also told me to hug the deck to avoid all the radar missiles. Was quite the contradiction. The swcond you go vertical there are multuple missiles flying at you and the thing notches okay at best. It was very clear that they haven’t played the plane recently.

Will definitely be hanging this plane up now I have unlocked more competent aircraft in the tech tree.

1 Like