I am by no means a great air player, but I can understand when a plane is completely outclassed by it’s peers. At 10.7 the aircraft is slow, turns like a bus, has limited countermeasures, not so great cannons and 2 very mediocre missiles for what it faces.
Most Aircraft that you fight can go 800kmh faster than you. This means that you struggle to bomb bases as everyone gets there before you, or you are intercepted easily by radar missiles or all aspect IR missiles from far more maneuverable and faster aircraft. If you have a similar speed to anything you fight against, they out turn you very very easily like the F-5s.
Most aircraft you fight have 60+ counter measures. The A-5C has 18. This leads me into the missiles that the A-5C has access to. The Magic 1s are good for rear aspect IR missiles with a 5km launch range, but at 10.7 they become nearly useless against anyone who is slightly paying attention. You have to launch incredibly close at this BR because the missiles will just run out of steam if you manage to lock on at 3+ km out. If the enemy flares once or fires their own missile, then goodbye missile.
I don’t see how this aircraft is 10.7 worthy. I understand at 10.0 it was a bully in a downtier, but after 156 games at 10.7 I feel a little defeated with this plane.
So… everything I said about how it isn’t a good fighter at its BR makes you think the response is “just use it as a fighter?” That doesn’t make much sense. I outlined many points on why it is a worse fighter at 10.7 than its peers.
Thanks, great constructive comment that is really adding to the discussion. I already said I am not the greatest at Air RB. I listed out reasons why it isn’t good. Please provide something useful as to what the plane has that would warrant it being 10.7 other than “Skill issue”.
As far as going vertical, that’s great and all but it has 18 countermeasures and going vertical usually just means everyone else around you throws radar guided missiles or even just ir missiles at you. Vert works sometimes in a 1vs1, but even then most planes at the BR can still hang with you.
“Guys i keep eating soup with fork and it keeps slipping out :(”
“Use spoon?”
“No that cant possibly be it”
You said yourself youre not the greatest when it comes to ARB, people offer advice how to play A-5C to its strengths, you dismiss it.
The fk you expect people to say then lol?
At 10.7 there arent many radar guided missiles you need to worry about that much. And I cant recall how many planes A-5C can see that have IRCCM (if any at all) so theyre all one flare anyway unless its something extremely specific like high speed 9L under 1km against full afterburner.
Why are you comparing the A-5C to the 10.3 F5 instead of the 10.7 F5? I understand the strength of the A-5C is vertical, I explained why at 10.7 that doesn’t always work. That’s not dismissing, that’s explainig my logic of why it isn’t good at 10.7 and should probably be 10.3 like the plane you compared it to.
I’m not really looking for advice on how to play the plane in this thread, I am making the argument that it isn’t a 10.7 plane. Your little analogy is as bad as saying “skill issue” in a topic that is about a plane being over tiered.
People can very much wrongly conclude plane is overtiered precisely because they dont know how to play it to its strengths.
They can also wrongly conclude plane its fine at its current BR when in reality it should go up because, once again, they dont know how to play it to its strengths (cough cough remium Su-30s cough cough).
It is absolutely appropriate to ask whenever the people making the conclusion about the plane knows how to use it in the first place.
You are right, I haven’t seen any F-5As in my games so I looked it up and saw 10.3, but that is arcade so my bad. I find it interesting that the F-5C says it has worse thrust than the A-5C when in game that thing can turn on a dime and still catch up to me when I am running away from it. Interesting.
I just stay away from them, but everytime I run from them they catch up to me. Only thing I can do is go vert which works but as I said that tends to just make you a magnet for everyone in the game especially all the Radar guided missiles you face at that tier and you only have 18 counter measures. Those bleed fast when Migs are lobbing everything at you as you climb vertical to avoid the F5s.
Dont know how F-4C sparrows compare after the buff, but HDN PD radars dont appear till 12.0 and A-5C can see MTI radars only in full uptier (and MTI works only up to certain alt).
Everything else should be relatively defeatable, hell i think you need to chaff against R-3R at all.
But I dont know entire list of 10.7 SARH missiles from top of my head so I reckon best idea would be to go through what planes give you trouble and see if other users cant offer you some tips how to deal with them.
Since as far as I can see the global stats for A-5C for the last month are pretty much in line so i doubt BR change would be warranted.