1 Death Leavers - Post economy Experience

Step 1: Click to battle (Germany 10.3)
Step 2: Join a match
Step 3: Spawn in Leo-2A4
Step 4: wait 30 seconds in bush killing 2 tanks / GO and play the OBJ
Step 5: Open score board and see 10/15 friendly players have disconnected
Step 6: cower in fear as 11+ players + CAS are now bombing and annihilating you in spawn 3 min into the match
Step 7: “No players active on team”
Step 9: Repeat

This has been my experience with 9.7-11.7 GROUND RB as of late as people still just leave after one death, honestly really ruins the experience for me and is quite irritating considering these people just leave after dying once, I get it “repair costs duuuh” but in reality that shouldn’t be a problem anymore after the update as I’ve been on a consistent increase in SL even after a loss.

Why do people just leave after one death? I dont understand it, CAS / HELI / DRONE spam is understandable but getting outplayed in a tank doesn’t seem like a good reason to throw the entire team into a uphill battle.

2 Likes

Wonder why.

3 Likes

Well, it’s the standard 90% thing, some people either cannot play the game or are not willing to remain in the match after getting a bad first spawn.
I recommend getting used to it, that BR bracket is a mess for a reason, ground and air combined.
Even after they gave free backups with premiums it hasn’t really changed either, probably never will. ( I’ve been pushing for separate matchmaker for people with lineups that have 80% or more premiums so that they don’t ruin the experience for everyone but their own kind)

100% understandable

2 Likes

Unfortunately that’s all its been as I’ve been 11.7 in USA / GERMANY / USSR for a couple years now and that’s all it is!
at this point I only enjoy 6.7-7.7 now and have for a long time.

Personally…

Terrible map.

Full uptiered for the 10th time in 2 hours

Team is throwing and I can tell

Game is already decided

The bugs that force me to restart my game, many appearing on 1st spawn immediately.

Last but not least...I'm playing a new premium.

I could probably get another but you get the point

4 Likes

I do indeed, it just baffles me on the amount of people who leave, on average its 9/15 ppl who leave.

Almost as if there’s no one to contest them.

@Balanced_Game
Game decided makes sense.
Uptiers I relish personally, but I can respect it.
Maps… sometimes. Italy ain’t fun.
For me, most common one death leave is cause IRL stuff happened.

2 Likes

Almost as if there is no contest.

1 Like

I play with premium vehicles and don’t ODL. What I do is help teammates with repairs, extinguish fires, provide covering fire, PTO and kill the enemy all while trying to survive.

Not sure where the hate for those of us who play with premiums comes from considering we keep the lights on.

Now if Gaijin had a way to lump the ODL crowd into a separate group and have them play each other then I’d be good with that, otherwise your suggestion of lumping players with premium lineups into matches is nonsense.

1 Like

I also leave air battles if ANY teamkilling happens on my team.
I don’t want to play with teamkillers.

1 Like
  1. Not willing to learn the game
  2. Spending GE to buy their way up, realising that lack of game skill / vehicle knowledge / map knowledge can not be bought
  3. Cost of repair not being something to worry about (anymore)
  4. ““I am better, how did he kill me? MUST BE A HACKER!!!””
  5. "“RU Bias” - No, only vehicle you can claim bias on is the IS-6 and Su25. T55+ you kill the exact same way.
  6. Poor line-up - Running into battle with 5 x 5.7 and 1 x 11.3 Squadron vehicle
  7. Trolling
  8. All of the above.
3 Likes

There should be penalties for that kind of behavior, 5 minutes in the game half of the team already left after one death, first time pass, next time lock crew for 30 minutes, next time 1 hour ect until ban

Players would just stop playing. The crew lock as it already exists doesnt do anything and you think a complete lockout would change that? It would be far better and healthier to work on the reason why ppl do this in the first place.

1 Like

Its an older post, but to also add to that:

• Full uptier with no feeling that i can achive something
  • Balance between both teams is to bad
  • Own team does not build up a propper perimeter and gets farmed away
  • The vehicle i lost is the only one i could use to get my current task progressed

How about thinking backwards and creating a game mode like Squadron realistic battle which players can’t respawn?

I think almost of Premium grinders will be played that.

Yes people would stay and play the game, learn it, dont just rush B dies leaves

At what tier does this ^ happen? Where odes it start? I only play max of 6BR and its not an issue there. So is it down to the point where Helicopters come in ? Drones? ATGM’s? What causes ODL to end a game at higher tier and not lower?

1 Like

Vast majority of people playing the game are not interested in actually playing, it’s just an arcade shoot em up. About the only thing going right for the game is the graphics the rest is garbage and is only getting worse with every update and patch.
It happens in all tiers, only a very small minority are interested in any sort of gameplay, people buying expensive vehicles only exacerbate the problem and the company adores that player. Whole set up is geared towards queue times, I would even hazard a small wager that the RNG factor comes into play to make sure the games are short so nobody waits too long. Even the slight change to repair costs and in game earnings are geared to ensure that the number of players in the pool are high to shorten the queue times. It never was, is not and never will be a realistic team game, there is no realism and no team, a good portion of your own team are actively screwing you over for their benefit as individual benefit far outweighs any team rewards.
With the endemic cheating as well it just makes the game a pretty poor customer experience, not recommended.

1 Like

I would love to disagree with you, but I have to say the new roadmap is all about exactly what you say. Is this all because WT is dying off or is it the reason for long-term premium players departing? Who knows? I am hearing all is well but I am also reading the farewell notes on here and elsewhere.

I would say that ODL is my reaction to being uptierd in a WW2 6.7 Heavy facing 7.7 80s AFVs etc. especially if I am trying to mod them all which takes ages. I can take only so much pain :)