Would War Thunder be a better game in the hands of the modding community and away from Gaijin?

A year ago I would have been totally with you on that one

1 Like

The issue is that many fantastic maps often go unnoticed and aren’t considered for inclusion.

I, along with many others, have been eagerly awaiting a hilly, forested map.

It would be great if developers could select three map types with different themes (such as semi-urban, open fields, and forested), and then allow players to vote on which new maps they want to see added. This way, developers would gain valuable insight into what players truly enjoy.

And this way there would not be a gamble. Then have play testers play the map to test any issues or unfair places.

1 Like

The modding community for a single player game is much different than a modding community for a MMO. There are so great minds when it comes to War Thunder modding, I’ve seen so myself , but the community as a whole, nah.

2 Likes

there are, some of the WW2 airplanes are made by mod makers.

You can try and make a suggestion for some of them, and that would raise awareness of them if the suggestion passes

There are a fair few that have been made by content creators for sure, I even helped finish the skin for the HE-219 that was made by a player for inclusion in game by the Developers

1 Like

Hey I love fallout 4

I love it but I could not play it now without the mods.Even the unofficial patch cleared so many bugs and gripes.The mods basically did all Bethesda’s work for them until Bethesda came back after a number of years to screw it all up.

Everything I now hate about this game (which is unplayable for me currently ) are just things Gaijin have done over the last year or there about. In that short time its gone form the love of my life to no games in a week.All I have currently is the realization that I wasted a lot of time and money : ).

I am hoping for better things but can’t see it happening ,Gaijin don’t seem to go back on changes made.

What do you play on? Because it runs fine for me. Only major problem was it crashing when I went to the map. And that was fixed by deleting the dozens of auto saves the game made and only keeping one or two a character.

X Box X.It ran beautifully with over 30 mods until Bethesda’s return.No crashes not even in Downtown Boston with Two companions ,now its a stuttering wreck.Load order is band on but finding which mod may conflict with what ever Bethesda did is hard.

Series x or 1x? Because I’m on a series x with no mods and it runs fine.

1 Like

Series X 1 TB

Have you ever played the game with mods?

No

It’s a different game really ,quite an amazing immersive world with Mods. Makes FO4 everything it should have been and could have been.I have a friend who also has never played using mods ,I know what he likes and he would be amazed as well. Bethesda got a huge amount of backlash for their huge lack of respect to the player base who simply made their game last as long as it has ,kind of my point with how Gaijin have acted recently with destroying the maps and flooding the game with copy paste.

Kind of wondering how many have silently crept away from the game.Reading about all the ODL and quality of players at top tier etc.Saying that its not easy running a game like this and I was wondering what players would add if they could or change.Player skins and camos would be interesting but would we see a flood of manga related stuff and the aggravation that might cause?

People having to spend a lot of time and effort creating things without any real avenue for it to be added into the game is problematic, someone could spend countless hours creating a vehicle or a cockpit with what I assume some 15 year old software and jump through all the hoops, and the best you get when it comes to implementation is

you never know…

I never use WT.Live and I’m sure that goes for many people, not having a proper avenue for people to show off their work and instead having to post it on this site and hope their project their spend hundreds of hours on stands out amongst all the shitposting and anime waifu skins and sights is ridiculous.

2 Likes

You can suggest changes to the game at anytime.

The recent damage mechanics were polled by Gaijin.

Gaijin doesn’t have a vision for the game, new vehicles are player suggested, new camos are player made. They use AI for ingame art. Game mechanics are changed only after years of player feedback.

1 Like

No it just wouldn’t.

You can’t have that kind of modding in an MMO. It’s simply far too impractical and would cause as many issues as it could possibly fix. It would also be quite impossible on a technical scale for so many different versions of War Thunder laying around that people would have to install and update.

1 Like

I tend to agree overall there.Don’t know if you are familiar with fallout but they have creation club much of which is fan made items made official ,maybe something along those lines could be implemented such as player Skins.No doubt used for payment.

I’m surprised what Gaijin don’t sell for a company so obsessed with charging for every element.Maybe it all goes into chests and I wont touch those.

Only thing I would say regarding the modding community vs the game manufacturer is just how distant and out of touch the latter can be and how much imagination the modders have over the official game makers.The whole FO4/Skyrim scenario bears that out.

I am. I own FallOut 4 and do own quite a bit of the CC content. For War Thunder, almost all of the " CC " content we see is skins that are in the GE chests. So yes, Gaijin does monetize that " CC " content already.

As for the second bit, sure. But bear in mind that Fallout - Minus 76 - and Skyrim are both single player games while War Thunder is an MMO. It’s apples to oranges and as such can’t be compared nor contrasted accordingly.

1 Like

The recent damage mechanics were polled by Gaijin.

Illusion of choice.