Why is there No CAPTCHA and Countermeasures to Protect Poll Integrity?

I have reason to believe that the integrity of the ongoing poll is at serious risk due to the actions of certain individuals engaging in what is known as “spoiling the ballot.” with banned accounts. Currently a user can cast a vote in the ballot with a banned account along with no CAPTCHA interface. Spoiling the ballot refers to the act of intentionally casting a vote for an incorrect or absurd option to create chaos, disrupt the results, and undermine the democratic process. This behavior threatens the fairness and credibility of the entire voting system.

To uphold the integrity of the ballot and ensure that the results truly reflect the community’s wishes, I’m asking that Gaijin Entertainment takes immediate and decisive action, including but not limited to:

1.	Implementing a CAPTCHA system: To prevent automated voting and ensure that only genuine users are participating in the poll.
2.	Enforcing stricter voting measures: Evaluate all the votes and remove any that were cast by banned or low-level accounts. This will help filter out any votes that were made with malicious intent.
3.	Consider redoing the ongoing poll: If the current poll has been significantly compromised, it may be necessary to start fresh with improved security measures in place.

The integrity of our community-driven decisions must be protected at all costs. We urge Gaijin Entertainment to take these steps swiftly to restore faith in the polling system and to ensure that the voices of real, dedicated players are the ones that are heard.

27 Likes

Thank you for your interest. Please note that in order to vote, you must be a War Thunder player (so you must have a Gaijin account, which already require captcha).
We see no reason why this poll should be limited to players who have reached a certain level (who would determine the specific border?). Making this “elitist” will only divide the community into “pros” and the rest who (in your opinion) should not have a voice.
The fact that the votes are not in your favour doesn’t mean that the poll is wrong. I guess the majority of WT players simply disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with that. Instead of accusing the poll of being compromised, feel free to convince players to vote your way with proper arguments in the official thread.

10 Likes