Why is the Stormer HVM so bad?

I’m not against that little guy with a Starburst.

1 Like

More options the better. An alternative to the HVM is needed as 90% the time it’s not actually working

1 Like

I didn’t think it would be hard for them to make the current projectiles actually register when hitting jets.

:(

3 Likes

Ok, you got a point

Very concerning that this missile has been effectively broke since its inception and nothing the devs do fixes it after YEARS. Really shakes your trust in wt. Sort of reminds me that thrust vectoring missiles still go haywire just like they did 5 years ago on the hunters sraams…

5 Likes

Guess it op as if you hit the optic i think on a t80u it overpressures

im done with this pos id rather remove it from the game at this point, im not even having it in a line up anyone utter waste of time

2 Likes

Turbo lol, I’ve had some comical OP kills with Starstreak. At least its good for the memes while its still completely non functional for its anti air duties.

2 Likes

I’m sure you can’t say, but I’m gonna ask anyway, any update on the Starstreak fixes?

Nothing yet, I will update the thread when it is done though.

I did a bug report on the stormer ages ago about the stormers optical tracking locking onto flairs instead to the helicopter, it’s immune to all known countermeasures… Yet it’s happening again, i locked onto a tiger helicopter last night and it decided to lock the flares again. So yet again it’s broken… It was fixed

2 Likes

The ADATS is doing it too, might be a global thing

1 Like

Ffs. JUsT sPaWn spAa…

1 Like

Be nice if it actually worked

1 Like

The optical tracker on the Strela’s can be spoofed by flares. It is Very much so a skill issue on the part of whoever implemented it in.

3 Likes

Yeh let me grind an entire air tech tree because gaijin can’t fix ONE vehicle lol

1 Like

Just seems like a stealth nerf someone at gaijin keeps trying to slip into the game. This is about the 3rd time it’s been bug reported.

1 Like

I have to use the Tornado F3 as my AA vehicle on my 11.3 lineup, and my AA on my 10.3 is either the lynx or the falcon, that missile update and the IRST nerf killed the stormer and before then it was barely usable. It so fucked yet the LAV-AD and type 81(C) are at the same BR and are better in every way and the strela is like the second best IR missile SAM and it’s a FULL br below

4 Likes

Unless Gaijin fix starstreak and roland,Strela should at least be 10.3.

3 Likes