Why is T72AV Turms-t 10.0

Just tested it. L23A1 goes through the plate just fine.

1 Like

The ERA blocks not the plate. Any area covered by that ERA is unpentrable. This means you need to aim with extrene accuracy at the few areas where the shells can actually pen. Usually this is under the front ERA. But if that isjt visible. Then its almost impossible to kill. Turret is almost impossible to pen for example.

120 23, both 120 & 105 33.
And yeah, ZTZ96A is unironically superior to TURMS-T, not by much, but by more.
Ariete P on par.

The T72 turms? Because I just tested both L23A1 and 26 and both pen the Kontakt 1 just fine.

1 Like

Except in reload, gun handling, overall speed, armor, and survivability. The only good things are the era, round, and thermals.

120MM DM23 can penetrate TURMS armor in close range and 120mm DM33 just lolpens it as you said before.

Although 105mm DM33 can fail to do that sometimes according to where you hit on TURMS hull armor.

3 Likes

Fair enough. 105 33 might be close range as well then.
I could’ve been misremembering my experiences with range between myself & the TURMS after all.

1 Like

Armor is pretty ok, not terrible or not amazing.

Reload rate is also managable since even T90A or T72B3 does also have the same reload.

Almost every Soviet tanks does suffer from gun handling and rotation except T72B3-T80BVM and Sprut series, so this is not something special to TURMS.

And dont get me start on survivability since i have almost every high tier russian tanks including turms and i know how they can survive on many bs scenario.

It’s wierd, protection analysis is worng. L23A1 can apparently pen the TURMS front armour with ease, but I’ve had a number just go black on me with no pen. So i’d take it with a pinch of salt

Yea it happens to me from time to time especially when im thinking about Russian tanks armor, so no worries.

Tbh most of the time i can penetrate Turms armor with my Chally DS without too much issue but sometimes as you mentioned you either fail to penetrate or even if you manage to do that you will simply achieve nothing in return.

Yeah. I found that 90% of the time, hits to the ERA, just turned the ERA black but could always pen the “Armour”. but no guarantee that a pen round does any damage.

İ agree.

Thats why i prefer to shoot either their gun breach,lower plate or their driver port if they sits right in front of me.

I actually hit one in the gun breach, direct hit, gun breach went yellow, one tapped me in return. either way, probably needs to go up to 10.3 these days.

That type of bs happens to me on many different tanks tbh so i cant exactly blame only russian tanks on that.

However increasing turms br is fine for me cause im already using my turms with my t80b.

1 Like

wut

In my experience, the L23A1 just turns the ERA black with no penetration. The only way to kill a T-72 TURMS in front aspect is to aim at the gun breach or below the ERA panels on the front. It is pointless to try and pen the side of the turret or the main ERA plate on the front. Protection analysis completely lies about this though.

Do you have it? In a t72 av your team mates will rush to the cap before and u get 0 sp, and all enemy team rush to middle of the map and camp snipe points before you can do anything. In rush meta this tank is bad and armor means nothing all other tanks have rounds to 1 shot you.

I’m pretty sure that the Wolfpack was 10.0, or close to 10.0 already before it had M900. The round must be a recent addition, as they haven’t even updated the article. My guess is that it will go up in BR given Gaijin’s historical treatment of over-performing American vehicles.

The wiki is extremely out of date. Both the wolf pack and the TT variant both have M900. The turms is fine where it is.