Why haven't we seen any good light tanks for Britain?

🤓☝️ ummm ackualily the rooikat 105 is at 9.3

but i get your point

1 Like

Same reason they decided to make our only SPAA at top tier a “tank destroyer”, and they are happy for the second best SPAA to be functionally useless for months at a time.

The fact there isn’t more outrage from US/UK players about the ADATS being designated as a tank destroyer is just an illustration of how low our expectations are.

Meanwhile Russia gets the best SPAA at 11.7 with no peer, one of the best at 10.7 with the 2s6, and even when the Strela goes up to 9.7 it’s still going to be completely busted OP. The Strela deserves to be 10.3 as a minimum, but I’d be surprised if it ever reaches that given the tree it is in.

No Russian bias though.

1 Like

I think we can get more Chally 3s before we get Ajax or new top IFV lol

It’s a pretty missed opportunity considering how many potential vehicles there are.

There’s roughly 2 dozen armoured cars and light tanks just missing between rank 1 & 2.

Then there’s roughly another 2 dozen vehicles still missing between rank 3 & 8.

It’s time to ask to join Australia’s AS21 infantry fighting vehicle for the British tree

AS21

1 Like

a copy paste vehicle that takes years to add

? Nothing copy paste about that?

its a stormer hull with a dardo turret

ZA? Do you mean SA?

That is still not copy paste.

I prefer saying ZA to distinguish it from South-America, which is also SA when shortened

wtf srsly? so you get a stormer hull, alleady in game, give it a dardo turret, allready in game, with a 30mm bushmaster, allready in game.

cntrl-c cntrl-v hull

cntrl-c cntrl-v turret

nOt CoPy PaStE

It’s not that simple.
Internals have to be modeled, statistics have to be recalibrated, data has to be collected on things such as ammo count, often times visual changes are still made to the hulls or turrets and probably more that I fail to mention.

Don’t act like a smartass.

2 Likes

so what youre youre saying is every challenger 2 should have been remodeled instead of a copy paste?

i actually agree with this.

That is slightly different, but yes.
It’s like saying M113 TOW would be copy paste just cause SIDAM 25 existed beforehand as if the internals don’t get overhauled.

insternals dont really need to get overhauled

the inside of the stormer just needs to be changed into dardo layout.

2 crew stay in the turret, driver is in the same position, ammo is stored in the same position.

the only real modeling would be the spaced armour

Easy said when you’re not the one who has to research the model and vehicle, with this logic you’d be making more made up vehicles than Gaijin does.

Think about what you’re saying: “The internals don’t need to be overhauled except for the fact that things have to be changed significantly compared to the Stormers we already have in game, but it’s okay because we can copy paste the layout of a completely different vehicle with completely different dimensions.”
Alongside this you mention new components that have to be added to the vehicle.

So TL:DR; you admitted to the vehicle not being copy paste but are continuing an ego battle. Right.

My point has been made clear, so I don’t intend to continue this conversation.

2 Likes

just go look at them… go see the x-ray and tell me how hard it will be.

i just told you the layout is very similar, but i guess youre right ego speaks louder

1 Like

puma is in service

That’s misinformation. Nothing is preventing Britain from receiving light tanks.
And they received Vickers Mk11 last major update.