I’m trying to understand why the “same” jet that doesn’t have missiles has a higher Battle Rating than its “brother” that has missiles in its arsenal…
What’s the point? They should switch them around: put the F-102A at 9.3/9.7 and the F-101C at 9.0, and also reverse the research order of these two jets in the tech tree.
we have things like the F3H-2 with aim7Cs at 9.0 and f101C is 9.3??? Mig21s that go mach 2 same then we have the early F-4 upteris with aim7D 15G pull cannot out turn that in a f101C I’m not even interested In crewing it until it gets 8.7
Correct me if im wrong, but does the F-102A even have a gun? and if that is correct, then that will be why. Aim-4s are not hard to kinematically defeat, again, correct me if im wrong, they dont even have a prox fuse.
When you consider the F-106 is 9.3 with the same missiles AND a gun. The 9.0 rating makes sense. Not gunna comment on the F-101Cs BR because ive barely touched the BR in months
You mean that the missiles should be different?(I just dont remember what’s exactly wrong with it).
At least the current way it is, it can probably go to 8.7 anyway.
Yeah, it’s FM will be imposing, but the current weapon kit doesn’t allow to actually benefit from it.
F-101C is absolutely fine at 9.3 if you know how to use it. Of course most people think turn-fighting and slinging missiles are the only way to play air RB, so here we are once again
I cant remeber getting a single Kill with the Aim 4G/F. In my opinion, those missels were made for ,slow moving targets" like bombers. Its the reason why I use it against Tu95. The Aim4G/F can be easely defeted, with or with out Flars /Chaff. Just turn hard and the missel wont pull enough