Why do CAS players so vocally oppose any suggestions

You have to admit, whatever your poison, SOME of those polls were constructed poorly. Richard did redo the last one of course.

1 Like

I am sorry that your feelings are hurt by being called out.

I am only in favour of balancing the payloads for some aircraft. I also feel that the Japanese Zeros have been tackled as counterproductive because it gives those who are constantly involved in turn fights more freedom.
I’m just as fed up with battles in which CAS is spawned without any sense or reason. Sometimes the victory is put at risk just to be able to curve around up there or throw a bomb at the enemy and preferably the aeroplane right after it.

Wonderfully Manc mate but the bigger maps solution is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time and offered as THE only solution to the issue makes it even more laughable.

The OP is not about CAS its about why CAS players are happy with the prospect of more nerfing in order to make the game work when many say the game is working ok as it is.

Just a quick question, is around 30k a minority to You?

Not to mention when I talk to people in game they say that they would want a mode for just tanks.

There was no official poll made by gaijin ;). Find me a one poll which shows that people don’t want a TO, it should be easy considering majority not wanting it.

Just looked at Your profile in game and ye… as I thought :D

5 Likes

Define sense and reason? What is sense and reason to a 12 year old compared to a 50 year old? Sense and reason between an American and a Chinaman or somebody who is tired or drunk even. Its a worldwide online game and interpreted in a million different ways.

If a kid wants to play silly then there is nothing we can do. We can only set the stand out better.

1 Like

Called a Stigma… not my fault.

No problem Coffeebean we already had this discussion on your other account

1 Like

That’s not true bro.

Pe-8, Lancaster and He-111 says hello.

3 Likes

I accuse most of the victims of Pe-8 of carelessness. This is because the target locations are usually cap, spawn or large tank clusters. Easy to avoid.

3 Likes

I’m not quite sure if I’ve understood you correctly. Is your statement referring to the different requirements in terms of origin, age and habits?
If so, then you’re right. While young players usually want quick results or just want to have fun, however that is defined, older calibres like me, for example, want to perfect things and get something out of even a lame crutch like the Valentine.

2 Likes

No you got it right. I am saying that the game is open for people of all ages(yes I know it should be 16 but…) and cultures. An American gangster movie is not like a Chinese martial arts film or a Bollywood musical. We have huge cultural variation and video game play is no exception. How people decide to play across the planet is going to be very different and how they use CAS will vary considerably.

This is not presented as a problem as the game caters for freedom to a degree. I am saying that if somebody wants to use their plane as a missile and cant really fly then so what? If that really annoys a number of players then TO is the way to go. Everybody still gets to do their thing. I cant see why so many are offended by such a friendly proposal.

TO GRB alongside regular Combined Arms GRB is such a player friendly proposal that gives all entrants into the discussion a genuine answer to a problem. It seems that many are simply offended by change, and they are obviously quite offended from what I am reading.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. I feel uncomfortable having to ask whether I have understood it correctly. There are people who quickly feel insulted because they think the fault is theirs, which is not the case.
I’m just wondering if Gaijin ever clearly defined the goal of the game. Because actually every game has a goal and that is usually to win no matter how.

1 Like

There used to be a time when I consistently scored between 5-12 kills in the Port Novorossiysk three points domination mode (I think they removed this map layout because I hadn’t see it for a few months), at that br you air spawn at around 6km distance and then drop your load in the middle of the map near B you will easily get 7 kills per bomb, sometimes you get booted to the hangar because you killed 8 enemies in red and 2 in blue, that was just hilarious and stupid how easy it was lol

3 Likes

This one? Yeah they removed it because of balance issues. Shortly before the map was taken out I had actually developed good tactics to deal with it.
Typical map where many players were constantly in the same corners due to a lack of tactical creativity. Many always claimed that you couldn’t win from the north. But it worked… this map is a prime example of how the sensible use of CAS leads to success and pointless bombing backfires.

I liked to stay here as a scout and made it difficult for the opponent to advance undetected. Worked well with the appropriate backing.

But you raise a very interesting point. The maps are getting smaller and smaller because apparently a large part of the community wants it that way. At the same time, this opens the door for attacks from above.

2 Likes

It was a great map ,real shame they got rid of it. Part of why I play less now.I am hoping they will bring it back.
I have had 6X kills with the PE 8 but it is far from happening in every game. On some occasions you do have no kills or one and one kill for the time spent with no ordnance in a heavy bomber plus a return journey can make a heavy bomber a bad choice compared to a tank sometimes. But at least you have the choice and its a decision you have to make.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind small maps honestly, but they need to be restricted on how often one gets them, similar to how they implemented the night mode, because certain vehicles with crappy optics like IS-6 relies on cqc map to thrive, or I mean it suits their attributes more, if we receive an equal amount of large maps and small maps, I think it will give players incentive to bring more vehicles type, thus will eventually lead to selling more crew slots one way or another, I have 10 vehicles slots for four-nations for this very reason as I like the feeling of being prepared for everything.

3 Likes

The idea of no CAS was to allow players to use more lighter vehicles and open SP guns .Gaijin gave us a big range in many tech trees and CAS makes them pretty much obsolete as do the new maps with no cover.

1 Like

I would accept all kinds of maps if we got a proper map filter…unfortunately we only get a popularity poll that allows you to block one (!) map if you have a premium account.

3 Likes

I agree with you. I have no problem with small maps. They should only be designed in such a way that no team is able to cut off the other team’s cap so badly that there is no chance of changing anything about it. And that is difficult.
Unfortunately, Gaijin is currently making things too easy for himself. Best example Cargo Port…

We all know how big the red zones on the left and right are now.
And from a certain point onwards, the opposing team has little chance of getting the cap. I find it more difficult, especially from the south…

Jesus…totally OT…we have to get away from the map issue again. I could complain about this forever…

1 Like