Why can't I get a kill for ramming all of the sudden?

Why? Because you say so? If I damage a bomber and them bring it down, I should get the credit for that. It’s that simple. It’s logical. And you sound like a bitter bomber spammer, in all honesty.
There’s repair cost and +1 death, as it should. But I brought bomber down and I should get the credit for it. If the game doesn’t count the kill, I shouldn’t be forced to pay for my repair or get +1 death to my stats. It’s that simple.

When I’m getting rammed I am often punished with a teamkill. So apparently counting ramming kills is OK for Gaijin as long, as it’s for player’s disadvantage

The game currently says so. I believe it’s correct in saying so.

If you disagree that’s fine, but arguing that you should be rewarded for suicidal action ingame is silly.

I should be rewarded for killing the enemy. Simple as this. You do not understanding the basics of gaming is both hilarious and sad. All to kill the fun from the game, since ramming bombers used to be damn fun way to being them down at the end of the game.
Denying the reward serves no other purpose than to hurt player experience.
Regarding stats - so you’re simply pretty damn bad and have no idea how to succesfully play this game.

You are rewarded for killing the enemy. You are not rewarded for ramming. Why?

Gaijin considers ramming negative game behavior. I agree. Explain why you should be rewarded for ramming / why it is positive behavior other than “I want to kill the plane”.

Yeah I despise Air RB the game mode is atrocious.

I love the Mirage IIIE, I used the F-6C to grind the French tree to the F-84 where I bomb sleighed w/ it and the Jag E when the event occurred until I grinded the Etendard IVM, which I used to finish getting the IIIE. Am I good? I don’t know. 70% of my teams are premium planes and 80% of the enemy team is premium planes.

I hate Air RB.

The game mode is atrocious f.e. because of fun killing semi-AFK bots like you who also poison the forums. You hate the mode and actively work to make it worse.

Again - I damage a plane with guns, then I make it die. I deserve the kill. Simple as this. Ramming is not negatove or positive. Ramming is just there. People ram happily anyway. The lack of reward changes nothing in the gameplay but kills fun for people doing it in a deliberate, skillfull manner, who, like me, enjoy getting the score along with results.

What basis do you state this I’ve only bomb sleighed with two planes and you’re here advocating for the ability to ram said bomb sleighs what is your fixation?

The lack of reward is there to discourage your use of ramming as a tool to bring down enemy planes.

It is meant to take out the reward of ramming a plane, yes.

You hate Air RB, you can’t play Air RB, and you are deliberately working towards making the mode less fun.
Typical semi-AFK bot player - no fun allowed for good players, because you’re bad.

What basis do you claim I’m an AFK bot

You’re doing absolutely horrible, you hate Air RB, so most likely your only purpose in Air RB is to get some SL/ RP while not helping your team. It also explains why you want a fun feature (rewards for ramming kills) taken away from people who actually enjoy the mode and have enough skill for unorthodox moves. Because that further ruins Air RB.

193 deaths to 316 kills on the Mirage IIIE

287 deaths to 634 kills on the F-6C

Might I know what you consider “good” if you consider a nearly 2.0 K/D ratio “bad”?

“Taken away”

Were ramming kills previously rewarded? It would seem again Gaijin has made a deliberate choice so as to discourage ramming.

You’ve yet to explain why they should consider the behavior positive other than you wish to kill a plane by ramming. The act itself is what’s being discouraged so I don’t understand why it would justify itself.

K/D is irrelevant stat. Kills per battle is what counts. 2.0 would be good. 1.5 would be decent. Anything less than that = a lot of work is required. Unfortunately, AI is counted along with player kills here, and with your love towards SL farming I’m kinda sure you’re not rocking decent KPB. There’s nothing wrong with ramming a bomber. The game has AF AAA that allows for 15+ minutes of suffering and bomber players happily make use of it by camping inside AAA bubble, so it’s pretty damn important that players do not reach their AF and repair.

Disadvantages?
People may intentionaly ram bombers in 1% of the matches instead of 0,5%, when it comes to fighters ramming each other - nothing would change.

So is your issue being rewarded for ramming or is your issue with low BR balancing of bombers?

Not “low BR” bur in a game with AF AAA, you can’t just expect to rearm and have another go at the target.
Getting the kill at 1st opportunity is absolutely critical.
And there’s 0 disadvantage for rewarding the player for the kill he earned, other than Gaijin’s typical “no fun allowed” and “if it hurts and frustrates the player - better chance of income” policy.

If you want to kill that player by ramming you have the choice of doing so. I don’t think it should be rewarded.

You don’t need to kill a bomber going to rearm, they’re not going to spawn 6000 meters up at full speed, they’re either going to have to take off from the airfield or they’ll get an airspawn at a low altitude giving you time to kill them.

Planes circling the airfield to avoid dying aren’t a threat to you and with how the current structure of the game mode is set up you’re meant to be killing ground targets to reduce tickets while the player is trying to rearm.

There are some people who might consider the fast and quick game flow to be poor for the overall experience. I would agree to this and go further recommending that respawning be allowed to encourage sustained battles.

All of this is a criticism of Ground RB as a whole, not a justification of ramming. The only justification I’ve seen you put forward is that it should grant you a kill because ramming is fun. This doesn’t justify ramming as a behavior, it just means you like ramming planes.

They are wasting my time and since unlike you, I don’t hate Air RB, I want it to be fun. Watching bomber doing Nascar around his AF is about as fun as having people like you on my team.

It’s pretty obvious there’s 0 reason for no rewards for ramming kills. Your arguments boil down to “I hate Air RB, I use it to farm and I want it to be horrible and only played by people farming SL and not interested in air combat, because air combat fans disrupt my farming”. It’s logical you want fun features to be removed/not ever fixed. I don’t respect that of course.

When an aircraft is returning to rearm if you can’t catch it before it enters its SPAA range then you should abandon your pursuit and find a new target or focus on ground kills to deplete enemy tickets.

The reason for offering no rewards for ramming is to discourage ramming, which in this case you seem to agree.

I use Air RB to grind CAS options for Ground RB. I find air combat entertaining and I love killing enemy planes in GRB as my own plane where markers don’t give away my position constantly / there are no missile markers allowing legitimate ganks rather than the arcade mess that Air “Realistic” Battles offers.

Air combat isn’t ramming.

Ramming works, you kill the plane and yourself. You just aren’t rewarded for it.

Clearly I don’t want things to remain “unfixed”.

I grant this wiki page supports the ability to ram as a legitimate action.

How you can strike a line between intentionally hurting your aircraft while retaining control / discouraging blatant suicidal action I do not know.

Imho both of you mess some things up:

1. Gaijins flawed game mechanics regarding aircraft collisions
  2. Deviating goals whilst playing the game
  3. Deviating povs regarding fun whilst playing the game

The first part was already discussed, #2 and 3 are always assuming that there would be something like similar goals whilst playing the game and different understanding of fun.

Besides that: Google for “Stumgruppen” and “Sturmboecke” - CQC of heavily armored Fw 190 A-8/R 2 s vs 8th and 15th USAAF AF - which included ramming as last resort, including an oath to do so. And (ofc) USAAF records does not show the devastating effects on morale on surviving bomber crews.

This is BS and you know it, af aaa camping is a fighter issue, not a bomber issue. The fighter getting in af aaa bubble can change the outcome, a bomber not.

We have a common understanding about high performance planes using af aaa to reverse fights or simply to extend game time. But an “empty” bomber is unable to change the outcome, so imho your example does not fit here.

If you see wt as a plain shooter, K/D is the only relevant figure.

As wt is no team game everything else is simply useless. All relevant shooter games are based about increasing own k/d ratios by using power-ups or similar mechanics - in wt experience, crew skills and the right plane choices are the equivalent of power-ups. You see this with props as CAS in Ground RB, and in Air RB you rarely meet highly experienced players.

KpB is imho a joke - at least in the last 36 months. As soon as you have more than 15 days fighter experience and you fly a meta plane - you are better than 95-98% of your average opponent - by default.

So playing as a long term player in props is no real challenge if you fly a meta fighter. You rack up kills vs mostly clueless players and think that makes you a better than average player.

Any justifications (“i increase the WRs of my team” or “i am a superior player”) simply distracts from the massive experience advantage, increased & leveraged by plane choices vs the overwhelming majority of enemies.

The game play of most “bloodthirsty” pilots there is the same like when Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader cleans up younglings in the jedi temple or in this scene.

But - at the end fun is a very individual cup of tea.