Why are modifications still a thing in this game

War Thunder is a video game that was developed by Gaijin to market.

It’s not a passion project, it’s a profitable enterprise.

Claiming otherwise is going again Gaijin’s very own statements both as a company and as individuals who have explained the meaning behind mechanics being in the game.

But official statement is this :D
(Meme from Spookston, not a real tweet)

1 Like

War Thunder’s economy model is fair after the summer economy changes eliminated SL repair as a gameplay mechanic. Their modification system especially is much much fairer than their closest competitor’s models for modification unlocking. Yes it’s an arduous task researching a new tank stock, but once it’s done it’s done. You have access to the tank’s fully capabilities at no extra cost. You are even rewarded for your grind for doing so.

Ye, I don’t complain, I am not OP after all. Before the economy changes I pretty much never had more than 1Mio SL. Now I regularly have more than 4Mio SL.

They do have their actual loadouts.
You’re correct though, WT is nothing like WOT.

1 Like

None of this statement says ANYTHING to address the over-usage of that trope to make out everything is by intention to make it harder for you so that you have no choice but to purchase things as you insinuate on the regular…

What in the statement makes it a “trope”?

World of Tanks also have modifications you need to unlock after researching and purchasing the vehicle.

I haven’t purchased things in years.
And I’ve had little issues stock grinding things.

OH my its alsmost as if that didn’t happen irl, oh my its almost as if some vehicles didn’t get modifications over the duration of its service life.

?

Yeah, but this is a video game where you can repair an engine in 30 secs.

And I’m fairly sure that tanks would’ve had repair equipment or FPE irl.

You would be rather surprised. There’s a reason why abandoning a vehicle is very common.

İf you guys want to compare Warthunder to other games then lets compare it to World of Warships.

Even in world of warships top tier ships only has optional modifications such as alternative main cannons while entire ship is already spaded and ready to use, now im not saying Warthunder should follow the same Logic but at least repair,fpe and laser rangefinder should not be researchable by any means.

İ personally believe İf those 3 modifications becomes stock then top tier tanks will become much less painful.

And the talisman modification is here to research faster also.

Their prices are insane though! I think its like more than 20USD to buy a talisman!!! What a rip off!!!

You’re practically turning a regular vehicle into premium vehicle minus silver lion bonus and effectively researching the entire tree.

Compare to 60-70 dollars price tag i’d say its pretty fair.

For 70 bucks id rather buy a dcs module like the F-15E or soon tm Eurofighter

Personal choice buddy, cant say anything for that.

I mean, would you buy a plane that isnt even historically accurate and is terrible at its br or would you buy a fully clcikable cockpit with uhd detail and be able to do irl missions

Again personal choices, if i had proper setup or any interest in real life experience i would simply choose DCS in that case but i actually prefer semi realistic gameplay with multi vehicles mode which DCS doesnt offer currently.

I understand that gaijin needs to make profits and pay their employees etc. But you can buy an entire game for that price out there, like a rockstar game or ubi, you know, big studios.

I don’t understand this approach honestly, I think its disuasive.

Dcs is also very crazy expensive indeed.