Why are modifications still a thing in this game

The brink of insanity is near. No.

They are competitive.

Generally that’s how all multiplayer games work.

Not always. having recently spaded a few of the Challenger 2s. L23A1, no TVD and no LRF sucks when everything you are facing has that and L27A1 is sometimes not enough to pen anything, A 9.0 shell really doesnt stand a chance

Funny that that is exactly how it goes…

I’m not blaming the player for the choice that Gaijin made…

I’m blaming the player for being unable to acknowledge the game mechanics itself, ignoring other features in order to further push that failure, and being upset at even having the slightest objection or oppsition to the stance that they call me a nasty word…

Like, come on… Are we ONLY allowed to echo the complaints on the forums here? Is that what we HAVE to do?

Ok then, buying parts is unacceptable, we should just have everything given to us and we should all just be facing the same vehicles…

Is that better? This is getting stupid.

Ill answer that for you - money. Most players just buy the modifications anyways at high tier so gaijin makes great money from this! Turly amazing!

1 Like

Stock HEATFS is still criminal, also way too much inconsistency between what vehicle unlocks what modification and when.

For example:

T-90M
Laser rangefinder tier ll: 1x tier l mod 15k RP + LRF 12k RP = 27k RP
Thermals tier ll 27k RP + thermals 12k RP = 39k RP
Top shell tier IV: 39k RP + 1x tier ll mod 12k RP + 3x tier lll mod 45k RP = 81k RP total

Leopard 2A7V
Thermals tier lll: 1x tier l mod 22k RP + 2k tier ll mod 30k RP + thermals 16k RP = 68k RP
Laser rangefinder tier IV: 68k RP + 2x tier lll mod 32k RP + LRF 17k RP = 117k RP
Top shell tier IV: 117k RP + shell 17k RP = 134k RP total

Japan also has vehicles that get stock heatfs and unlike almost all other nations, they do not get a tier 1 APFSDS and instead are forced to grind all the way to tier 4 to unlock it, once again a completely unexplainable middle finger towards Japan from Gaijin.

3 Likes

Not at higher BRs.

They will be miles worse than their competition.

Then acknowledge you are upteired (/facing something big that you aren’t kitted for)and sit back and play the support role more rather than sticking your head out trying to get something you know you can’t.

1 Like

And it should be changed.

You are blaming the player for disliking bad and unfun mechanics.

That is almost as bad saying " Giving everyone free parts and FPE would be the same as giving everyone a free Abrams."

If I’m playing a top tier tank, that’s everyone except IFVs.

You do realize how long the grind is right? Players shouldn’t be forced to play support until they get things as basic as BEING ABLE TO REPAIR.

3 Likes

Nah, I’m fine with it the way it is…

1 Like

I figured that out already.

Just because you are fine with it, doesn’t mean others are also fine with it.

I see no need to continue this conversation, so goodbye.

Yes, exactly.

Stock grind is a one and done thing. You are also rewarded with RP for finishing modifications.

Yes stock grind is painful. Yes you are encouraged to buy modifications with Golden Eagles.

No the modification system isn’t going away. No I don’t have a major criticism for the modification system as it’s a thousand times better than World of Tank’s system.

Price of Free to Play.

1 Like

The way that ANY opposing opinion makes me the bag guy, shows you all actually have no engagement in the slightest…

I’m merely not finding the issues you have, and thus do not accept your ascertion that the problem is to do with the issue you are proclaiming, more imply that it is genuinely a skill/overconfidence/avoidance/ignorance issue.

And the throwout by Vamilad here about it being to do with the store is a trope that’s old and leant on so much that it should stop being accepted.

It’s just players trying to find reasons why they aren’t the issue, while proclaiming anyone who objects to it is part of the issue.

1 Like

Because War Thunder is a game. It claims to be realistic in terms of how the spaded vehicles are modeled. But War Thunder is a game and games like this generally need to have some form of grind beyond the basic unlockable grind. Plus, every time you research a full rank of mods, you get bonus RP to whatever vehicle you’re researching.

You can buy modifications with golden eagles wdym

It’s monetization, it’s pay 2 skip grind, it’s the price of Free to Play

It’s written in to the game and admitted / talked about by the developers, “leant on”?

Yeah I understand you totally. In fact we should just abandon this current research mechanic in general.
Because War Thunder wants to be REALISTIC now players have to go to a University/Military Academy in Real Life and get Research Points ingame for every course on Tanks/Military History/Engineering/Electronics/etc they complete depending on their grade.
Bonus Research Points if you go to your Military, get into Tank School and steal some Military Documents to feed to the Snail.

But why stop there with the realism? It still feels too much like a game.
From now on War Thunder is Permadeath, like in Real Life. If your Tank gets killed ingame, a Gaijin employee will drive to your house and this will happen to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMRJptsxJXM

1 Like

The reason why there’s modifications ingame is because it’s meant as a cash grab for Gaijin. That’s literally it.

They know people want to have the best version of the vehicles so putting a grind (paywalled via premium) on-top of needing to unlock everything on the vehicles is how they make money.

It’s why you still have parts and FPE not being free because that’s literally the first thing anyone with gold immediately buys upon unlocking a new vehicle.

1 Like

I probably spent some thousand dollars already in this game, but Parts&FPE? Who pays for this? I never paid for those. Don’t you research them usually in 2-4 Matches?

FPE is not needed that often anyways and for parts, well, its less survivablility, but if played carefully usually works out.

Thing is, not everyone goes and buys like you’re trying to say that the prime ‘reason’ for there even being ANY mechanics in the game is to MAKE you pay, which this isn’t true at all.

I’m talking of YOU leaning on that trope overly because you have no explanation for anything you have issue with existing, because of this one single point you try and drag about everywhere…

1 Like