Why are modifications still a thing in this game

For a game claiming to be “realistic” with no disclaimers in it’s advertisements you’d expect for vehicles to have their actual loadouts since day 1 of implementation and unlocking.
I personally find modifications quite controversial and useless. They make stock vehicles have fictionally shite performance and in order to get its performance close to the one “irl” you have to research modifications which quite literally cost more RP than the vehicle to unlock. It is simply useless in the current state of the game.
This is not World of Tanks.

12 Likes

No, this isn’t world of tanks, but this is the game we play and we unlock modifications…

5 Likes

But why do I have to go through a balltearing grind to unlock the vehicle and then have to grind modifications for weapons that could be mounted since day 1 of service of said vehicle. Let’s take an example. Tanks below Rank VIII which can use APFSDS. They force a player to tase his genitals and dip in molten lava to unlock an APFSDS rod which is measured by some dumb forumla.

5 Likes

Because it’s part of the game and its progression.

4 Likes

Yeah but it’s stupid. Like I’d understand modifications which are like changes made by modernisations. But not the features in the base model of a certain vehicle.

1 Like

Only stupid for you, from your perspective…

(edit - Like, what’d you die to/fail to pen/unable to repair/extinguish, what?

The obtuse complaint makes for pointing out a solution to be difficult…)

1 Like

Yes, but you should have access to some stuff when stock.

Like parts, FPE, and your best or 2nd round.

4 Likes

They already made it so others can extinguish and repair you… That was to counter that ‘issue’.

Let alone have low level repair/extinguish allowed without them.

2 Likes

Ha. Teamwork. In War Thunder. Such a good joke.

You shouldn’t be forced to stay with teammates when you just unlocked a tank. You shouldn’t be forced to play a purposefully gimped tank because “progression.”

Please tell me why a tank shouldn’t be able to repair itself? And why a plane should be stuck with poor missiles at top tier?

8 Likes

I do not understand tank modifications like FPE, Parts, Shells, Smoke Grenades, Mobility Things or NVD/TVD

2 Likes

Of course its not world of tanks. As far as im concerned War Thunder modifications aint bad and if you research them you get RP bonus. World Of tanks is far worse where you need to research turrets, guns and engines that cost tons of money.
Plus you need them in order to be competitive and progress to next tank in the line

1 Like

It’s there if you only look for it… Those who proclaim it’s not there are close minded and really blame their team commonly for thier actual failures.

2 Likes

Wha… I think my brain just spontaneously combusted. We have to do practically the same thing in War Thunder and at top tier some modifications are like 30K SL.

1 Like

All of those can easily be regarded as upgrades. I don’t see the issue other than you not being able to kill what you thought you could, or being able to withstand what you thought you could.

1 Like

You should not have to rely on your teammates to prevent you from being a dead weight in the name of progression.

It does exist, but it is incredibly rare. Almost no one pays attention to chat or pings.

1 Like

Teammates are enemies but in blue which you can’t kill. And with my 3000 hours of war thunder and atleast 1500 hours of top tier. I know that teamwork is replaced with rattines.

This is absolutely nothing to do with the thread in the slightest.

They are upgrades yes, but the issue is that the stock tanks are just not remotely competitive at all. Almost all lack a usable round, and you can’t even repair your tank if you are hit when stock.

‘usable round’ it fires, so then it’s usable…

You facing something which you know you can’t kill with what you have, is on you.

You’re the one who brought up teamwork…

1 Like