Why are Magic 1s so flare hungry

I do not care that you played 29 battles in the past week. The user in question has demonstrated they do not play the game by claiming there is no difference between missiles.

Bro wdym 29 battles 💀

You also claimed the Mirage IIIE should be 9.7 because the AV-8C has Aim-9Gs and CMs…

So im fairly certain it is you who has never played the game

4 Likes

thats how IR missiles work

1 Like

hell nah the magic sees flare before it sees target shit’s unreal.

The harriers front 2 nozzles are just cool air from the intakes but modeled as hot air which hurts the harriers ability to avoid missiles :(

Its not that, has nothing to do with it.

Actually I think the front nozzles are modeled as cold or something.

Its this and only this to blame:

Ah well, i forget where i saw it (wikipedia i think) but apparently a strategy for avoiding missiles with the harrier IRL was to thrust vector downwards all the way, pull up and flare, making it so that the missile could only see the wing top

Not sure if this effect is modeled in game but would nice

Screenshot_2024-07-22_214229

(Sea Harrier Over the Falklands by Sharkey Ward)

Yep, 100% IRL tactic. Even blocked Aim-9L from getting a lock

Screenshot_2024-07-22_220907

and nope, not even slightly modeled in game

5 Likes

But they still don’t really model exhaust beyond a cool visual. It’s not really a thing, and certainly doesn’t help now that more and more advanced IR missiles are being added, and tactics that should otherwise work just don’t

I don’t understand why you posted yourself as playing 29 battles then 114 battles. I do not care how many battles you played, you are not the user in discussion.

Where did I do this?

@SidewaysCube946 @LtCol-RedFox

Where did I do this?

Do you struggle with reading comprehension? The first picture literally has his username in large bold text at the top, the second has mine after you said I played 29 battles.

I struggle to understand why you are posting your played battles as it has no relevance to this thread.

Literally this is the first time I have ever seen you, I don’t know who you are or what you claim. You also didn’t even @ the dude who said that.

You liked a post which made a false claim. If you are ignorant then please try to verify information before encouraging it.

Ok let’s explain this for you:

You accused a user of not playing

I showed you his bio to prove you wrong

You said his bio was mine

I showed you mine to show how it isn’t

You’re still saying his bio was mine

Everyone is confused.

Point stand, Magic eat flares. Let’s just chalk it up as balance considering they zoom like cat off the rails.

The user has not played this game before. I do not understand how this relates to your played battles.