Why are all ground targets replaced with detailed models?

That doesn’t answer the question tho.

Then with a vast majority of planes in the game you should try to fight AI planes to get your modules. This stock grind “my plane is useless” garbage is so tiring. Acting like you can’t use a dedicated fighter for it’s intended role because its stock. It’s so hard

The more detailed models are amazing and provide an experience closer to the Ground mixed battles. That helps by making ground attack make sense for both modes since air is shared between them. If you want to hit ground targets, use weapons that are effective for ground targets, not rifle caliber machine guns. Or maybe just use your plane as it was designed instead of being bitter that it isn’t good at what it wasn’t designed for.

Speaking on the Kikka, if you can’t kill a BTR with a 30mm, then you are using the wrong belts or are just terrible. I can see why you are upset so much by the detailed models, you need to actually aim instead of throwing rounds downrange randomly. If you put an ap-t or two through the cab of a BTR you’ll more than likely kill it.

No - but it does show how little it actually matters if you are only just now noticing it!!

i found posts dating back to 2019 when they seem to have first been seen in EC.

1 Like

Then with a vast majority of planes in the game you should try to fight AI planes to get your modules.

Then maybe they should add more than a handful of these.

This stock grind “my plane is useless” garbage is so tiring. Acting like you can’t use a dedicated fighter for it’s intended role because its stock. It’s so hard

Because it is garbage, you go up against planes that vastly outclass you, have all aspect missiles and you are slower, no missiles, no radar, no flares, no chaff, yes that is garbage.

Or maybe just use your plane as it was designed instead of being bitter that it isn’t good at what it wasn’t designed for.

People been able to grind this way for a decade and now all the newer players can go get screwed then, that’s seems to be the mentality.
It’s about a massive nerf to the earnings of the mode more than anything else.

if you can’t kill a BTR with a 30mm, then you are using the wrong belts or are just terrible
Like I said, it requires you to compromise your belts which make it less effective against air.

Oh, fun, another ‘‘skill issue’’ player.
Almost all your planes are premium, so yeah I’m sure the stock grind doesn’t bother you as much and the ones you do play from the TT you might just GE them anyways for all I know.

Who said I was noticing it now? I made a comment on it back in like August as well.

I turns it off when playing ARB as it covers my radar

Oh yea, another skill issue player, but let me cover the other stuff first. It would be nice to have a few more AI planes in air games, I can agree with that. Games improve and change over time, so new players will have the newer and overall better experience, that’s how improvement works. If it changes how a grind was before, then it does. That comes with making forward progress, and fully modeled vehicles across all modes is forward progress. Fully modeled vehicles are more important to this game than being able to kill vehicles easier. Planes that have countermeasures start with flares now, chaff doesn’t really do much (learn to maneuver a bit for those pesky SARHs), Top tier planes start with all aspects (See aim9l/r60m/k on everything ever at 11.7-12.3), having no radars doesn’t even make sense, and the speed differences don’t make a huge difference in top tier planes (seems like your talking top tier from the gripes) because the range you are the most maneuverable isn’t your top speed.

Now let’s get back to this skill issue thing. Youve played around 2.5 times longer than I have in game and have 994 vehicles with 333 spaded compared to my 829 and 232. I wouldn’t shit my briches over me having premium vehicles too much If I were you. If I had more than 2.5 times the game time than I had now, then I surely wouldn’t be so bad to have to complain about better vehicle models being put in and that they are hard to kill. You’re just complaining because “things are harder” even though they really aren’t. With 3 months of in game time played, you shouldn’t have trouble killing any vehicle, especially AI targets.

new players will have the newer and overall better experience

How does this help them exactly?

fully modeled vehicles across all modes is forward progress.

It’s just different.

Fully modeled vehicles are more important to this game than being able to kill vehicles easier

That explains all the placeholder cockpits.
Fully modeled vehicles would be fine if it was a massive nerf to the RP and SL economy, reducing RP and SL is not forward progress and it doesn’t over a newer and better experience.
Forward progression would be adding new modules and increasing the rewards accordingly at the very least, not just increase the difficulty in typical Snail fashion.

Now let’s get back to this skill issue thing.

Oh here we go again.

Youve played around 2.5 times longer than I have in game and have 994 vehicles with 333 spaded compared to my 829 and 232.

Wonder why lol.

I surely wouldn’t be so bad to have to complain about better vehicle models being put in and that they are hard to kill

We almost got through a post without insults, shame.

With 3 months of in game time played, you shouldn’t have trouble killing any vehicle, especially AI targets.

Yes, every hour of playtime adds extra pen to my bullets, we all know that.

The shame is that you just want to complain to complain. “Vastly increased difficulty”? A long time player thinks killing a BTR that is modeled correctly is “vastly increased difficulty”? That is a worse joke than you complaining about it being difficult to kill one. Anything with a 12.7mm or above will handle it easily. Probably the rifle caliber guns to. “It’s just different.” Yep, changes are different. Can’t slip anything past you, except a lightly armored vehicle with a full damage model, that’ll make it past you unharmed every time.
Comon, make a suggestion post about how full vehicle models should be removed because it’s too hard. I bet that’ll pass to the devs…

“Vastly increased difficulty”? A long time player thinks killing a BTR that is modeled correctly is “vastly increased difficulty”? That is a worse joke than you complaining about it being difficult to kill one.

You pretending the old SPAA models that would die from a few MG bullets is somehow the same difficulty to kill as a fully modeled BTR with 5 crew members isn’t just a bad joke, it’s an entire crap comedy show.

Show me how I kill a BTR with a single 30mm bullet, I’ll wait.

Comon, make a suggestion post about how full vehicle models should be removed because it’s too hard. I bet that’ll pass to the devs…

Like I said, repeatedly, and I’ll say it again just for you, I’ll even say it slowly so you can follow it as well.

The … rewards… … you still following? should… match… the… increased … difficulty…yes?

As much as you like to make things personal and seemingly incapable of discussing the subject at hand without turning to insults and bring up completely irrelevant things as to how many vehicles you have spaded, the point of which I still haven’t quite figured out, it is objectively is more difficult to kill a BTR or an Object 906 than it is to kill the old models that die from 1 or 2 bullets.

How to kill a BTR with a single 30mm? Take an Hs 129 B2 with the MK 103 (30 mm) with stealth belts and shoot it in the cab from the front. The AP-I should kill all 5 crewmembers unless you flubbed the shot. If you look at any plane with 12.7mm or above you do the same exact thing, shoot the cab from the front. If you shoot it from the front or rear I don’t see how you wouldn’t kill it. Three of the crew are out in the open and the vehicle has no armor to stop anything armor piercing. Hell, you could probably drop a HEFI into the back and it’ll kill the whole crew. Again, not an issue or “vastly increased difficulty”.

I made things personal? You took the time to look at my profile and see what vehicles I had to try and say I can’t spade vehicles. I answered your rediculous rant about planes not having flares (they do all the time), not having radars (cause the Su-27 starts without one), and told you why fully modeled vehicles across every game mode is better for the game. You just say “its so hard to kill them, give me more rewards” over and over. People have explained it to you other than me. People want the real damage models. It adds to the experience playing vehicle on vehicle combat. Makes it more interesting to play. If you’re so bad that ammo costs are bankrupting you on killing an open topped aa vehicle, then you should buy premium time or get better.

Hs 129 B2 with the MK 103 (30 mm) with stealth belts and shoot it in the cab from the front. The AP-I should kill all 5 crewmembers unless you flubbed the shot. If you look at any plane with 12.7mm or above you do the same exact thing, shoot the cab from the front. If you shoot it from the front or rear I don’t see how you wouldn’t kill it

If you say so.

any plane with 12.7mm or above you do the same exact thing

What kind of explosive filler is in your .50s?

said I can’t spade vehicles

I said you play premium planes and based on the amount of them it appears you spend a lot of money on the game and thus you might as well be spending GE on modules.

planes not having flares (they do all the time)

Guess I should double check where the flares on my Sabre are next time and Su-25 or A-10 fires an all aspect at me.

People want the real damage models.

Some do, yes.

If you’re so bad that ammo costs are bankrupting you on killing an open topped aa vehicle

Oh, managed to sneak another insult in there, good job.
Never suggested such a thing even remotely, but I guess you were desperate to get that insult in you had to just make up something entirely.

“its so hard to kill them, give me more rewards” over and over.

Yet I still had to repeat it again for you.

It adds to the experience playing vehicle on vehicle combat. Makes it more interesting to play.

Yes, if only there was a mode for that.

Within the context of what you were replying to, you didn’t specify anything. Cool thing is the only aircraft that share all those features are top tier. So it makes sense that my reply to that was spoken to in terms of top tier. Your Sabre can eat all aspect missiles all day, that is a whole different conversation.

I followed that fun one up with information about you spading a little over 100 more vehicles than me in 2.5 times the time, indicating that you struggle to spade vehicles. The vehicles either of us own/spade is irelevant to this. Killing a BTR with a 30mm cannon is easy. More difficult than 1 shotting the old open aa emplacement, but still easy.

Seems like enough to get it changed. Also, it makes sense to include the same model for different game modes if the vehicle is in those game modes. Simplicity goes a long way.

Oh boy, you caught me. I made a claim that I thought would be an appropriate one given the circumstances. I was wrong, you’ll have to use at least 2 it seems. Twice the ammo costs! Also you think I implied that a single .50 could do it, kind of like I thought you implied you talking about top tier earlier (see above). If you burst that vehicle from the front or rear it isnt a problem. More of a problem than an open air aa emplacement, but not enough to warrant this much complaining about it.

More ammo, more rewards. Seems like that could be an ammo cost issue in there too. Little bit of a crack at you since this whole post is a “skill issue” kind of post.

Before you say it, I know more ammo on a target means less targets per flight means less kills per round blah blah blah. Technically it is a difference, but it isn’t that big of a deal. If it hurts you that much, make a suggestion for the increase. If I remember right the aa used to be the same reward as the arty, but now the BTRs have the same reward as the Pillboxes. I won’t say for sure, because I’m not parked in front of my pc to test it. If it’s the same as the pillboxes, then that sgould mean the reward was increased. Maybe you can try it out since it seems you are at your pc/console.

I followed that fun one up with information about you spading a little over 100 more vehicles than me in 2.5 times the time, indicating that you struggle to spade vehicles. The vehicles either of us own/spade is irelevant to this. Killing a BTR with a 30mm cannon is easy.

Spading a vehicle is just a different way to spend your time, it’s not really a struggle.
It wasn’t about how many vehicles we spade, it’s about whether or not you throw GE at the problem and get the modules for your plane instead of stock grinding them.

More difficult than 1 shotting the old open aa emplacement, but still easy.

Which is the whole point, it is more difficult, it has nothing to do with skill or whatever stupid crap you want to argue about.
If you chop down a tree in 1 hit, and then the next one takes 5 hits, that one is more difficult to chop down, it has nothing to do with being difficult in terms of skill.

Before you say it, I know more ammo on a target means less targets per flight means less kills per round blah blah blah. Technically it is a difference, but it isn’t that big of a deal.

It’s not if you’re playing US and you get 3000 rounds of .50s no, or again, more bombs on a single plane than there are in entire tech trees of minor nations… but it is an issue when you get a 100 rounds or less and instead of being able to get 50-100 potential ground targets in theory, now that is maybe 10-20 at most.

Great if you value immersion or whatever to a ton of lost RP and SL, which is in addition to the loss of bases which were also nerfed, but I’d rather see appropriate rewards.

Are you at your pc/console to try what I said? I’m not going to be back home for a few hours, and this whole thing could have been for nothing. If you don’t/can’t try it out now I can later and share the results later. I see no point in arguing opinions anymore without verifying if the reward has actually changed. That verification will be the factual evidence on whether we just wasted our time with this back and forth or not.

Not at the moment.

To put this to rest I brought out my good old reliable Wyvern. Killing the BTRs gives almost 3x the reward compared to the open air aa emplacements. The first picture is a howitzer kill, then the open aa emplacement, then the BTR, and finally a pillbox. The pillbox and BTR take some more rounds, but give more rewards than the open emplacements.