Why are all ground targets replaced with detailed models?

acquire currency (when you can)

No. It’s called picking your targets. Trench AA and certain BR-specific convoy AA is still open-topped and can be strafed even with MG fire. If you fail to kill on one pass it’s simple a skill issue.

Which still drastically increase the ammo cost, I got 50 rounds in the Kikka, having to expend a good amount of that to kill a single crew opposed to 1-2 bullets is a major nerf to it’s ability to earn RP and SL from ground striking, the light targets also end up being Objects, also forcing the use of AP opposed to HE which further nerfs it’s viability and worsening the stock grind massively.

1 Like

I would also like more detailed service records, with AI and player kills better split up than they are, for starters. One of the reasons I tend to shy away from Air RB is it really messes with your CAS stats for Ground RB, to the point where they become basically useless. The fact they also don’t provide players with that after years of requests suggests these things are aggregated in ways that are difficult to untangle. But yes, hard work is hard.

Kikka has a mod that adds another gun.

Kikka has a mod that grants it a bomb.

Kikka is nearly a dedicated fighter. Your primary focus should be engaging enemy players, then AI fliers, then AI ground. Sounds like you’re picking target priority wrong.

Yeah for AI units it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

It all comes down to the definition of destruction but a mobility kill should be enough to consider soft targets to be destroyed.

Armored vehicles and tanks should require some more serious damage beyond damaged tracks but a busted engine or breech should again count as a destroyed vehicle.

I always wanted real models. I always hated how with some planes I could cas in ground Rb but do nothing in air Rb because they didn’t have real models. Also means the damage is consistent between modes for people moving between them. Players can now learn to cas better in air Rb etc.

Kikka has a mod that adds another gun.

A mod I need to grind for some reason, which I can now no longer do nearly as easily now that ground units are nerfed.

Kikka has a mod that grants it a bomb.

A singular bomb, that’ll do it, whilst massively reducing flight performance.

Kikka is nearly a dedicated fighter. Your primary focus should be engaging enemy players, then AI fliers, then AI ground. Sounds like you’re picking target priority wrong.

Or maybe I’m flying a brick of a plane because stock grind is a thing, with 50 rounds and I need to earn some RP for modules so that I can more easily focus on enemy players.

Regardless of what you think I should be doing, the reality is that my options became more limited and the available RP and SL was massively reduced with no benefit to the player.

You’re kinda wasting your time arguing with Mr. Skill Issue. This is basically all he ever says.

It goes without saying that replacing a static 23mm towed gun with zero armor with a BTR with any armor at all, which is what happened here, really, as the ground AA model makes for at least a marginally harder target to kill than before. This was clearly intentional, and while I can see other reasons why Gaijin would do this other than to “just screw with Miragen”, you do have a valid question/criticism of a change to the game at the core, and you should probably just ignore the haters. This time, anyway.

I could cas in amgeound Rb but do nothing in air Rb because they didn’t have real models

If you can CAS in Ground RB why would you not be able to CAS with easier to kill models?

Plenty of people to ignore as there are too many people who solely argue from a selfish perspective and often about things that do not remotely affect them, the amount of arguments I’ve have seen about top tier RB involving players who exclusively play WW2 AB is crazy.

And why are you going for ground AI instead of air AI to get that grinding rp? Or just going after players? Once again, your target priority is wrong for using a near entirely dedicated fighter.

Even stock it’s not as much of a brick as you imply. I know because I’ve flown and spaded it. You may not like it, but it does boil down to a skill issue.

Why? Because your target priority sucks, and possibly your flying, but for the sake of brevity we’ll stick with the former.

Oh yeah, air just flies around waiting for me, no one else wants air AI to go after now that ground isn’t nearly as viable, just all for me.

Even stock it’s not as much of a brick as you imply. I know because I’ve flown and spaded it. You may not like it, but it does boil down to a skill issue.

Yes it’s a goddamn skill issue, I should go f myself because I don’t magically know how to fly a plane I have never used before and would like to get some modules for it.

1 Like

Be a use the models weren’t the same. Some guns for ages were useless at killing ground targets in ARB but actually worked in ground.

I don’t see how that makes sense, there was almost nothing that couldn’t kill the light targets and AAA, howitzers etc in ARB.

But there was. The tempest, hurricane with anti tank guns would bounce on light vehicles but at the same time I could fly the Swedish firing 20mm HE rounds killing heavy tanks with short burst at long range. The old model was rediculous.

That sounds like an entirely different issue than replacing all the old models with overly detailed ones.

Hitting ground AI is still viable, except for aircraft that borderline or are dedicated fighters. Can be done but takes target priority, good aim and proper approaches.

For the harder targets, leave it to the CAS and bombers. If there are none, then deal with it yourself and accept that for you it’s just gonna suck. Simple as.

The moaning is simply unnecessary.

Hitting ground AI is still viable, except for aircraft that borderline or are dedicated fighters. Can be done but takes target priority, good aim and proper approaches.

Which is the vast majority of planes in the game, and how the game is played and won with strike aircraft generally detrimental to the game as they just end up dying without contributing much.

accept that for you it’s just gonna suck, moaning is simply unnecessary

That seems like a good reason to moan when they effectively removed a ton of SL and RP for the game for literally no good reason, even for strike aircraft and bombers this is not an improvement.

It was done months ago - perhaps a year??