When is the J35XS going to get a lower BR?

Idk, with its current FM i wouldn’t touch it personally. Any joy i had for the drakens was sucked out after the FM change. Don’t get me wrong its okay but i have no interest in a delta that isn’t exceptionally good in anything but being a missile bus, so wvery swedish jet aside from the viggen.

The issue the J35XS faces though is a lack of CMs (only 12), No RWR (so forget pheonixes, they have no warning that any SARH is coming at them from a far) and they are slower than quite a few 12.0s. Meaning you arent even getting reliable shot oppotunities.

I’ve been seeing a fair few in my Tornado F3 in Sim recently and they stand no chance. I can attack them with absolute impunity, every single time. Im not entirely sure how I’d feel about fighting them in my Sea Harrier FRS1e but I think in sim at least, 10.7 would be more than reasonable (at least to test)

2 Likes

Its a shame about that FM change. But if its accurate, then its accurate. I was contemplating getting it on a sale at some point. but im not sure I will now

Idk, i cant even recreate irl events with it like the 18g pull that an austrian pilot did which caused his eyes to bleed. Or the -12G a J35F accidentally pulled. I know rider used the F’s manual but it still seems off. Even matching my fuel and armament to their weight i dont have matching stats to the current D model. It doesn’t matter since my report was denied in favor of the F’s model.

It’s an all around hard to balance plane, it (obviously) shouldn’t be at 11.3, but 10.7 as of right now would make it crazy. Overall decompression is needed but it shouldn’t really be facing better SARH carriers like the F-4S or F3.

There is what hte manual says it should be able to do and what it can actually do. They dont always align. Fairly certain the Sea Harrier’s pilot handbook thing says it will stall at a certain airspeed. But its actually fine at that speed IRL

Best way would be to just get rid of the drakens lol. Then sell a new draken prem and forget about sweden air /s

God pls no more prem jets, we have holes that need to be fixed.

2 Likes

Yeah, that is exactly the problem. Its 10.8.5.

1 Like

You will take your Viggen Di (no AMRAAM) as a premium and you will like it :P

A lot of books have those limits mentioned to prevent pilots from doing dumb shit

Most likely, again sweden is a mid air tree and thats all there is to it.

No, this is literally BAE going “it should fall out of the sky at this airspeed and we dont really know why it doesnt”

Or something to that effect. It was something I read in Sea Harrier over the falklands. but cant recall the exact details

Biblically accurate Austrian man

this is kinda gross so you don’t have to look at it

2 Likes

Until it does get a lower BR I will ask anyone who complains about it if they used their IRST today, kinda like asking the tiger players if they angled lol

Irst is only so useful until your within 7km of 5 radar PD jets

Sweden has a few decent drakens to add the problem is gaijin needing to model their weapons and they have no CM so theyd be doa

Its why im very adamant on a DK and Nor sub tree

1 Like

The J35XS’s IRST only helps to launch the missiles at a better angle. In my sad experience with the J35XS, even when launching at an improved angle, the opponent just accelerates and leaves. There’s no way to compete with the acceleration of a Mig23ML, and sometimes you can catch an F4S, but it’s because its users don’t seem to have upgraded their crew.

2 Likes

Yeah but it is a pretty damn good IRST

A Norwegian F-5 or CF-104 would really help pick up where Sweden is struggling rn

That might be enough to angle the seeker in such a way that flares deployed are beyond the FoV of the missile. No sure fire thing, but it might on occassion help. But yeah its a minimal help.

1 Like

Sure, it helps a little, you can better adjust the missile launch angle given that it’s only 20g, it really helps a little, I think I’ve been using IRST since the Mig23mf, I don’t even remember what it’s like to launch without it.

Meanwhile, as a Brit main… Im just looking forward to the Typhoon for our first IRST equipped jet :D

1 Like