Vk 36.01(H) Next step Tiger I

Would be very nice for filling in the gap of regular tanks between ~3.7 and ~5.0 in the tech tree.

1 Like

I have been asking the developers for both the VK3001h and VK3601h since the old forum.
I hope to see them here one day.

VK3601h
VK3001h

In my humble opinion, a VK3001h with the KwK40 in 3.3~3.7 to pair with the PzIVF2 (as it has the same armor thickness)
And the VK3601h with the same armament, but in 5.0 to pair with the Panther prototype, would be perfect.

2 Likes

No until they change the game modes where they are separate for historical battles and one for prototypes and paper tanks.

Does this turret and chassis look like paper to you?

8 Likes

It looks like a pile of parts and an incomplete test vehicle to me.

Glad I’m not the only one to have this idea! Until then, I can’t support it being in the tech tree

Baby tiger with a 105 derp gun yes please

4 Likes

Kindly tell me.
How does this affect the game?
I’ve been waiting for this tank since 2016.
And since 2016 I’ve been reading reviews like this, but I’ve never seen any technical arguments for this.

1 Like

4 Likes

Nice and Dam, if you would have posted that 30 min earlyer, i could directly have integrated that into the 2nd Suggestion for the 36.01 with Waffe 0725.

Also the depicted Pzgr 41 is the St. interesting to see that the core is 1,95kg which is pretty much double that what was know of. And to see a detailed drawing as it isnt in the Geschossringbuch I

Added to the collection:

2 Likes

Do you perhaps also have more detailed info on the Pzgr 41 H.K. and its core weight or is it the same as the St.?

2 Likes

I do not. That old excerpt I posted above was from this book (link) which I am not in possession of anymore

2 Likes

An absolute +1 from me, honestly we need more tanks between the Panzer IIIs and the Tiger Is as the gap there is getting a tad bit ridiculous

2 Likes

The problem is, it was never actually put together. I definitely would like to see it in a gamemode with vehicles that weren’t quite historical (VK 16, WZ 111, Kranvagn, etc.) however

Runs and drives, and did mud traverse testing. Sounds pretty complete to me.

Waffe 0725 got cancelled early on, so the turret was never mounted - however it was built.

Prototype vehicles saw combat all the time for field testing. And since this was built, it isn’t a paper tank.

3 Likes

Not going to be much use in the game as an open topped tractor…

Many vehicles already in the game were never completely put together and are good additions.

5 Likes

You make that sound like a good thing. But here let me repost my original (constructive) thoughts:

I think some Germanmains are just trying to sneak a Tiger in under 5.0.

And where exactly can i find such a Tiger that could go undet 5.0?
If you are hinting at this suggestion, its not a tiger, not does it have the armor nor the gun of a Tiger I. So of course it would go under 5.0.

4 Likes

How is this comparable to a Tiger in any way? It has the 10.5cm howitzer like the StuH 42.

4 Likes