Update 2.37.0.74

Aircraft

• AIM-120A, R-77, R-Darter, Derby, AAM-4, MICA-EM, PL-12 — the autopilot has been reconfigured, trajectory has been optimized. Drag has been corrected.
  • AIM-120A, R-77, R-Darter, AAM-4, Derby, MICA-EM, PL-12 — a bug with the missile overcorrecting at long distances to the target has been fixed. (Report).
  • AAM-4 — solid rocket engine type has been changed to dual-thrust. (Report).
  • R-Darter — missile mass has been increased from 118 kg to 120 kg. (Report).

Ground Vehicles

• A bug that made it possible to use thermal imagers on Scout UAVs in third-person view after leaving the gunner’s sight has been fixed. (Report).
  • The replay destruction camera now shows the enemy SPAA that shot the player down while they were in an aircraft.

Patch notes reflect only key changes, meaning they may not include a complete list of all improvements made. Additionally, War Thunder is constantly being updated and some changes may not require an update. Changes reflected in patch notes are formed by taking reactions and requests of the community from the bug reporting service, forums and other official platforms into account. Bug fixes and changes are implemented in order of importance, for example a game-breaking bug will be worked on and implemented sooner.

11 Likes

Good changes but, what about AIM-54s?

Almost everythings are still incorrect from historical one such as range(lofting basically), dual plane, both 54s guidance differences etc.

24 Likes

Thank you Nestle.

The AIM-54 has been ignored for too long, we would really like to see it get patched up soon.

3 Likes

They fixed that a few patches earlier iirc

It doesn’t.

If Gaijin modeled that, AIM54s should pull 25Gs.

6 Likes

AMRAAM is greatly humiliated :(

3 Likes

I kinda remember when it pulled only 13G then they approved the dual plane bug report and buffed it to 20?

No, they only made it brick less at low speed, which generally it shouldn’t struggle with nearly as much if they gave it the proper speed and loft profile.

Gimme the 50G dual plane Magic 2s with both kinds of IRCCM lol

3 Likes

Somewhere in AIM-54 thread was stated that only phoenix, from missiles that in game is must be capable 2 plane, without any additional limitations

That’s how it should be, but in my opinion AMRAAM lost speed too fast

This has been gotten wrong.

EDIT

If everything is to be taken into account the same report documentation states that the SAAF J39C & D can carry 3 additional fox-3 on underbelly hardpoint.

1 Like

80G R-73 🤩🤯👑 lets go

Amraams drag coefficient was increased from 1.4 to 1.425, less than 2 percent

1 Like

Something wrong…
Missile travelled only 15km and lost all speed
Maybe some other drag coefficient for angle of attack has been changed

2 Likes

is there any detail about how the change effect the game?

2 Likes

I just didn’t understand why they used a picture of the Panavia Tornado IDS in the Facebook page, I for real thought for a moment that they changed something in the IDS.

Missiles in game are modeled with their single plane movement axis.

2 Likes

Maybe new autopilot is worse