Undo the nerf to the LAV

Show it then. In my experience,Strela can lock helis super easy at 3-3.5 km,while the LAV-AD can’t. Plus,evading a Strela with a ton of ordnance on your belly either break your wings or sends you into the ground at Mach speed

So you proved my point,that you cherrypicked the tank that is better than the AM-1 regarding ammunition
Plus,superior armor is super laughable, considering both the profile and the thickness is vastly inferior from the AM-1

That’s the RISE P,i’m talking about the OG M60 that sits at 8.0 and constantly face the AM-1

You’re not a NATO fan,you proved that countless times

No i meant the Cent Mk. 10 since you’re talking of “8.0/8.3 tanks that are better than the AM-1”

And i’m not defending the AM-1,i’m saying that the AM-1 is ludicrously OP both because it’s a jack of all trades platform,both because it rarely faces 9.3/9.7 and winning a frontal 1v1 is super lucky and also super skilled unless your opponent has no thumbs

So the complete opposite of what you’re doing: diminishing the strength of this tank by saying “there are things that are worse” thus doing the classical whataboutism that you love so much

You’ll never change

1 Like

Disagreed there, at 8.3 its a far better tank than the Leopard 1 is now at 8.0, and one of my favorites.

LRF, stab, a .50cal, hydraulic suspension. Sure its not very fast but having a stabilizer is fantastic at that BR.

IFVs and gun spaa can pen the Type 74 series frontally. It is a glorified light tank.

Which IFVs and which gun SPAA? Because outside of a few small spots, even a Gepard will have issues doing much to it from the front. A wiesel or marder can’t do shit either.

Not even close. The ZTZ59D1 has a geriatric turret traverse, automatically making it situational at best.

BMPs, ZSUs - Autocannon variants not the 57 -, Gepard, Swedish " Gepard " off the top of my head. All have killed me frontally with cannons through both overpressure and direct penetration.

The 9.0 M60s are all superior to T-55AM-1 with superior ammo and gun movement.
Strela is the easiest SPAA to avoid. It was braindead easy before photocontrast, and is still easy. Of the dozens of Strelas in my matches, not a single one was able to launch on me. Either due to their lack of search radar or lack of range.

Chieftain Mk10 has superior armor, round, gun, and rear mobility. All of which make it more effective than T-55AM-1.

@PercussionCap
Neither does T-55AM-1. 3BM25 is APDS with a fin, so it’s arguably worse than T-55A’s APDS due to being lighter.

@iMatty01
I see you’ve come back to defend your favorite Soviet tank from my critique. NATO makes better tanks.
Stinger has a 2 - 3.5km lock range against helicopters.

No one said this outside Chieftain Mk10.

I stated ALL 9.0s are superior to T-55AM-1.
Here’s the post:

No where did I say 8.0 or 8.3.
T-55AM-1 is a mid 8.7. Worse than some 8.7s, better than some 8.7s, on-par with some 8.3s, and worse than ALL 9.0s in War Thunder.

It’s good, and mid for its BR. You can be mid and good.
I’ll keep addressing the strengths of all tanks while your posts diminish the strengths of NATO vehicles; and while you trash on NATO vehicles, it makes it easier for me to defend NATO equipment from said slander.

2 Likes

Check protection analysis. It’s much more protected than you think.

No, frontally it’s pretty immune to autocannon fire, but that’s it. The mantlet used to be great but volumetric hasn’t been kind to it. Or maybe it doesn’t have it and that’s why it’s bad.

I’m laughing so hard rn,i think you’ll never find a single player in this game claiming that they had an hard time locking with their Strela,in my battles the lowest K/D i see of a Strela is 5,FIVE!!!

False,or paid actors

No one is talking about the Chief Mk. 10 except you,i am still talking about 8.0/8.3 tanks,and the Chief is 9.0

Never said it was my favourite,shove one another word into my mouth and face the consequences of your actions

That’s the maximum range,3.5 km is exceptionally rare. Plus,at 2 km even a heli with rockets and without the Ballistic computer is shooting at you. If not that,the earliest ATGMs on the earliest helis have a launch range between 3 and 3.5 km,making you useless.

You claimed it, don’t try to gaslight me

From your previous comment

These are all the BRs of the tanks you mentioned

Spoiler

As you can see,not a single one of them is 9.0 in any gamemode. You only corrected yourself after, without giving any tangible proof

If defenfing means refusing to give vehicles with a very low WR a buff yeah,you sure are defending pal

1 Like

All right, not even gonna bother exposing how wrong you are about the strela. The stingers lock helis at about 2km on a good day. The cent mk 10 has a better gun and turret armour yes. But lacks the mobility of the t55am, the versatile ammo which can one shot more often that the apfsds round (the aphe). And has access to a decent heat or atgm round (which are not the most positive thing but it helps nonetheless). The t55am also has decent hill armour which the chieftains do no, they get penned as if they were butter where as the t55am can tank heat and apds rounds easily. And at these brs there common enough.

Meant chieftain not cent mk 10, sorry.

2 Likes

Chieftain Mk10 has HESH and APFSDS, which are as much versatility as APDS and ATGM, both two options, and technically HEATFS for T-55AM-1 as well but why.
Chieftain Mk10 also has the best turret armor at 9.0, unseen by tanks again until 10.0 with T-72B.
As for T-55AM-1’s armor. At 8.7, there is no round that doesn’t pen T-55AM-1 except 3BM25, the round it fires. It cannot pen itself, but it is penned by everyone else, including Chieftain Mk3’s APDS which is flat out better than 3BM25.

The only tanks that struggle to pen Chieftain M10 and T-55AM-1’s hull are almost exclusively 7.7 and 8.0; which is how it should be. 0.7 - 1.0 BR lower shouldn’t get as many openings to pen. It gives challenge while being balanced.

@iMatty01
8.3 is below the 8.7 that T-55AM-1 is so it’s irrelevant to talk about them as being worse as T-55AM-1’s BR isn’t going down.
Dude, stop trying to gaslight people. All my posts are public and I made no claims of ZTZ59D1’s armor being superior.

Weird, my posts are all unedited.
Win-rate is team skill based, not an indicator of how powerful a vehicle is.
HSTVL is superior to all other auto-cannon tanks, yet my HSTVL has a lower preliminary win-rate.
J-11 is superior to F-16AJ yet is of a lower win-rate.
F-5A is superior to that of A-5C yet J-11 has a lower win rate.
Win rate doesn’t mean anything other than how skilled teams are.

2 Likes
  1. AM-1 is 8.7,meaning it can go from 7.7 to 9.7. 8.3 has higher probabilities than 8.0
  2. Then,why did you cited not one but TWO 8.3 tanks to prove that the AM-1 is mediocre

Did i said "you made claims about the ZTZ59D1 having better armor? If yes,find the comment where i LITERALLY write that or “the ZTZ59D1 has better armor”. I’ll wait

You corrected yourself after with another comment, don’t try this behaviour with me

Not true

Extremely laughable

Literally no one says that in the community

Protection analysis is not foolproof and my personal experience in the Type 74s has proven that the so-called " frontally immune " does not apply in regards to autocannons.

Even mentioning hesh and versatility in the same sentence makes your opinion null and void in most people eyes including my own. The apds on the chieftain used to be actually quite decent, but I’ve tried spading the mk 5 recently and it has no gotten the same treatment as all the rest, non pens or shatter most of the time all while doing no damage. The hill armour of the chieftains can be penned by Sherman’s let alone anything at 7.7, no one goes for the upper front plate anymore and even then most apds rounds can go clean through. The t55am hull can stop the chieftains round (please don’t use the hanger armour checker as it is not accurate). Due to the composite being separate to the hull. The shitty round on the t55am doesn’t matter as the round you should be using is the aphe, and then bringing heat or apfsds on your preference for thicker targets. Aphe and a lrf is a deadly combo that most good players use.

Also the 3bm25 or whatever the t55am has does more damage than the chieftains cannon now, it never used to but gaijin has nerfed apds rounds a shit ton and finally got to the chieftains round.

1 Like

I know, I’ve played it a bit, more of the stab tho. But I’ve had to face it, particularly in my warrior with the so called rail gun according to the but hurt tiger 2 players in my fox. But even against the 25mm darts it still struggles. This is all for the most part taken at ranges above 200 or 300 meters. Up close it probably goes straight through.

It definitely requires being within about 200m at farthest from my experience for direct penetration. Past that the autocannons simply barreled, tracked and blinded me if they couldn’t overpressure.

And 8.3s have ammo that penetrate T-55AM-1’s hull just fine.
There’s even at least one 7.7 that lolpens T-55AM-1 known as Conqueror, the best 7.7 heavy tank in the game.

Already have a KDR of over 2:1 in HSTVL, the highest ever among auto-cannon tanks in my control.
It’s still stock.

@Renamed62266
Then you know how bad 3BM25 is, since that’s worse than Chieftain’s APDS. Spalling is based on projectile mass, and Chieftain’s projectile is double the mass.
APHE doesn’t go through the armor of things you face, so you shouldn’t use it. APHE is a BR 6.7 round as well.

1 Like

No no no, have you been living under a rock? Have you tried the conqueror recently? I keep saying this so I don’t understand how you don’t get it. Apds has been nerfed into the ground, just look at anyone who has played it and you’ll notice how none of them have a great time playing it. It may pen, probably not, but won’t do any damage. Probably just take out your gunner or your commander but no both.

Jesus Christ you do not listen. Have you played the chieftains because I highly doubt it. Yea the chieftains used to have great spalling which is why I loved my mk 3, I recently decided to spade my mk 5 finally and noticed the apds no longer does the damage it used it. Read what I’m saying, we use apds and it’s been nerfed. Don’t know how many times I gotta repeat that for you?

And you should use aphe as mostly what you face are light tanks, Leo 1s. M60s and m48s have the cupola and the turret ring which you’ll one shot. The chieftains are chieftains and have a cupola and hull for you to shoot, china might be more difficult but as are still fine. Genuinely have no idea how you keep coming up with this lmao. It’s a bit sad really.

1 Like

Yes, I and many others keep playing the Conqueror cause of how powerful it is.
Its APDS is stronger than ever.

I literally play all 10 tech trees.
I exclusively use APCR in America’s 90mm guns that lack HEATFS.
I get 2:1 KDR using APCR alone.
APDS has not been nerfed since before 2019.

I one-shot more than two shot, and I rarely ever 3 shot never going over 3 shots using APCR, almost never going over 2 shots for APDS.
Learning to aim in 2017 made me a better player.

You repeating incorrect information doesn’t make it true when I’ve been following datamines and using these rounds for over 5 years now.