Undo the nerf to the LAV

I have played a lot of 8.7-9.0s, there nothing special about it.

Compared to their chinese counterparts, T-69G II has better firepower (M111>3BM25) while ZTZ88s accelerate faster and-also-get M111.

Compared to the Magachs, R/B/Hydra get M111 and -9/-10 depression but no LRF. Not that it matters much, because Magach 6M (9.0) gets the LRF and thermals.

Chieftain Mk.3 and Mk.5 are garbage because APDS lack of postpen, but the Mk.10 is a hull-down monster at 9.0 (quite OP on maps like Sinai)

1 Like

LAV-AD is perfectly fine.

@Lichdragon_Fortysnacks @Ladies_Man_217
USA has a better SPAA at 10.0 than the Soviets.

@GNDM_Panzer
Sneed isn’t running defense for anything Gaijin.
I know T-55AM-1 is your favorite tank ever made, but it’s a middle 8.7, there are 8.7s superior to it such as T-55M in Finland, and AMX-30B2 in France; tho the latter is largely my preference of having thermals over a stablizer.
Type 74C and ZTZ59D1 are as good as T-55AM-1 at a lower BR.
I’d say T-55AM-1 and Chieftain Mk5 are equivalents.

2 Likes

And the 55AM-1 is the only one of the group that can eat HEATFS and even ATGMs to the face.

Repeatedly.

And suffer only moderate damage.

I have seen it as the dude shooting at it and being shot in it. It’s protection is overperforming and it’s armament is plenty versatile enough for 9.0-9.3

You mean hull front. Cause the turret has more bare turret than HEAT protection.
ALL 9.0s in War Thunder are vastly superior to T-55AM-1. All of them.

1 Like

Yes, I’m the one being dishonest while basing my entire ideology on numbers taken directly from the game itself…

1 Like

If we are talking about the LAV-ADs rounds (which I am going to assume so because this discussion is ABOUT the LAV-AD), then that isn’t a very good argument given that the LAV-AD rounds (and many rounds in game, Russian, American, and Other) in game have very inaccurate values (very, very inaccurate values, actually. From what I have found previously and am looking for again, the pen should be 71mm at 1000 m)

3 Likes

This document says that to defeat a 2.5 inch (63.5 mm) thick plate of armor with a 50% chance, PGU-20/U has to be traveling at a velocity of 3368 ft/s (1027 m/s). In WarThunder it has a muzzle velocity of 1036 m/s and defeats 66 mm of armor with a 50% chance at point blank.

This document also shows that in order to defeat 2.5 inches (63.5 mm of armor) at a range of 3258 ft (993 meters) with a 50% chance, the AV-8B has to be traveling at a speed of 550 knots (283 m/s), adding to the muzzle velocity it already has. I’m unsure whether the AV-8B would fire this round with a 1100 m/s muzzle velocity or not, but even if you use just 1000 m/s muzzle velocity the added starting velocity ends up being far above 1100 m/s. So according to this, it cannot defeat 71 mm at 1000 meters, even in a vehicle traveling at fairly high speeds.

The title of the document is on the top right of this screenshot. Found it on internet archive.

1 Like

I found it. As a heads up, however, where I have found it says the manual says “not available for export”. I would not post it here.

Clearly the 71mm was wrong. My sources must be outdated. Oh well. It’d be nice if Gaijin gave it the APEX round then.

razervon don’t mention me again please.

and yeah put the LAV and a strela and get some jets to fly and let’s who get most kills.

2 Likes

RazerVon didn’t mention you.
I know I prefer the LAV-AD over the Strela.
And LAV-AD will as it has more ammunition.

1 Like

nah he did.
I prefer the Strela over the LAV-AD, u can shoot down top tier jets with that thing oof.

lol You cannot shoot down top CAS with Strela.
You can’t even shoot down Q-5L with Strela.

tell that to every top tier jet that died cz of strela

2 Likes

Strela is one of the most bullshit missiles in the game, I can dodge stingers and the type 93 and such. The strela on the other hand is on par with the type 81 with how difficult it is to dodge all while boasting no irccm but then proceeds to ignore all flares. Even on cloudy days it still refuses to go for flares when the photocontrast mode isn’t an option. Both should realistically be moved up to brs where the jets have enough energy to dodge them.

6 Likes

@iMatty01
I cannot count the amount of times Strela was entirely unable to launch on me using the knuckles of both hands as a sort-of hex code.
ZTZ59D1 has superior APFSDS at 8.3 over T-55AM-1, which according to you, people that mention T-55AM-1 are themselves cherrypicking.
M60 at 8.7 has superior ammo, same armor, similar speed.

Oh and at the end, you attempt to gaslight all NATO fans. Hilarious.
Centurion Mk10 is 8.0.
I think you meant Chieftain Mk10 which is vastly superior to T-55AM-1.

You’ll keep defending T-55AM-1 from NATO fan critiques though.

2 Likes

Type 81 got uptiered to 11.0 because the Ivans cried so hard about their Frogfoots dying in droves to it. Yet the Strela remains below 11.0

I’d say curious, but we all the true reason why.

2 Likes

mention alvis next time as i was trying to tell him this, but he’s already brainwashed i suppose.

Woah woah woah, the m60 is not on par with the t55am, I shit on them in most things as their armour looks great but gets penned like butter. The mk10 has better turret protection but everything else is worse about it apart from the round, which means a lot when gaijin make sure hull down maps are far and few between. The strela is a point and click adventure and should be 10.7 or 11.0 with all the buffs it’s gotten.

1 Like

Type 74C doesn’t have a dart or composite armor. It’s very vulnerable to chemical rounds and ATGMs. It also has far less side armor, making it much more vulnerable to IFVs and SPAA.

1 Like

Type 74 is mid, not very fast with armour rated only for autocannons with a terrible gun handling to boot. It’s not great.

1 Like