Undo the nerf to the LAV

How strange…

That is different. It lacks the pen to overpen it, while large calibre APHE with more pen will overpen it before it could fuse.

Large aphe over pens everything. But most of the time I find it fuses on the mg in the mini turret so I’ve never really had that problem.

That is just blatantly false.

APHE willl overpen, if the size of the compartment it hits is less than the fuse delay.

It can still fuse inside, if the shell lacks enough pen to go through the back plate, thus fusing inside.

I tried it out, and it fuses. It should be a bug, because the cupola is not large enough to keep the shell inside when it fuses.

It should work just like in the M48.

You know this is wt, mgs and other internal components act like there 10000mm of rha. I’m just telling you what I’ve experienced. Although Russian big aphe tends to have extremely long fuze deleys so their may be your problem.

Fuse delay is the same for every APHE. 1.2m IIRC.

The M60 cupola is a rare case of a cupola that’s actually big enough for rounds to explode with their fuse delay, rather than exploding when hitting the back wall of the cupola and not having enough penetration to go through.

It really is just a massive cupola. The M48 doesn’t behave like this because it has a much smaller one.

First of all, how did I never notice this. Second of all, when do they change this? I remember Russian tanks usually having fuzes so long I could basically ignore them when rushing it tanks such as the m18 and such. Must have changed it a while ago but damn.

In theory, overmatch should be accounting for things like that most of the time.

Yes, i found an image with tank dimensions of it. Using some rough pixel estimations it should be ~1.54m long, so it should fuse APHE.

So it is correct now.

@iMatty01 you were right.

It is funny because a year or so ago it did overpen. But they have fixed it it seems like.

6.95m/4.5=1.54m.

Since many years actually. I remember 76mm soviet APHE acting like HESH because it instantly exploded after pen.

The only one i know that differs is the japanese long 75mm, were 1 APHE has 1.2m, and the other 1.3.

But in this video you can see that the YaG-10 had 15cm delay:

Spoiler

go to 1:14
https://youtu.be/1eFRDD7VDRw?t=74

And here the KV-1 L-11, same 15cm delay:

Spoiler

Go to 6:29
https://youtu.be/QqGg7E9ZsNw?t=389

What a surprise

I mean i can at least admit if i am wrong, and don’t say such nonsense as you have:

I meant it by the fact that i played those tanks in the last years,both for personal enjoyment and for grinding the American TT

I spaded every M60 in the American TT (except the M60A2),so you can easily assume that i got killed A LOT,and many times it was a T-54/T-55 or a T-10M shooting a fancy APHE into my cupola,one shotting me

All of this is sky clear in my statistics,i never lie because this game has a lot of proofs to make you wrong.

I knew your “95% overpen” statistics was wrong or outdated,so i wasted no time proving it (and i’m glad you proved it yourself,thanks for your trust). As this time of writing,i think that any APHE larger than 100mm has a ≈3 % chance of overpenning or killing only the commander

Last thing: the M60s are probably the most underrated tanks in the US TT line,and one of the most underrated ones in all War Thunder. Everyone hates them because they’re too impatient,they don’t know those tanks are always consistent and reliable to their BRs (and I’m talking even to the M48s in the german TT,the chinese M60s and the Magachs)

1 Like

You mean this to the M60s, right? Because then i can agree on it.

Well i don’t know how underrated people think they are, i can agrre with you that they are not bad at all.

Of course,i’m referring to the M48/M60s cupola,the only part of those tanks that doesn’t change with the variants

They’re the jack of all trades: good mobility,good firepower, good survivability (i eat more shots inside my TTS than inside my M1A1 HC). It’s good as a sniper and good as a flanker,despite being slower and taller than other tanks.

It’s like the T95E1: most people hate it because it doesn’t have a stab and it’s rather weak,i personally loved it so much because the APFSDS nukes anything it faces,it probably has more spall than a 120mm DU dart.

The US TT is full of hidden gems

2 Likes

M48 cupola is smaller, so it actually overpens mostly. I actually shoot the MG in the cupola, that is the only reliable way i have found to make APHE fuse.

Sums up them well.
What i really like in them is the big ready racks they have (as well as on the M48). On the downside, ammo in the turret can get you popped easily.

Haven’t played it, but i think i will spade it.
Finally an US tank that does not get a dogshit stock ammo that is utterly useless (looking at you, T92), and actually gets a good round.
I know many people hate it, but it does not look bad at all.
IIRC it’s cupola can’t be penned by SPAA APHE, right?

Also, composite armor T95 when?

In all honesty,i die pretty rarely with ammoracks

Right now i don’t remember how many rounds i bring in battle (i think it was 25,20 of which are APDS/APFSDS,the rest are HESH),but i fill only the first-order ammo rack and rarely i get OHK

Otherwise, it’s a pretty good simulator of your typical Top Tier battle: constant fires due to the ammo being hit and the blowout panels doing their job

Yes,i think? I don’t remember if it happened to me a single time,i only remember that the engine deck can be set on fire by a .50 strafe run on any airplane

I yearn for when Gaijin will add the T95 variant with composite and a fully stabilised 105mm cannon (obviously as an event vehicle because God forbid that the US can have interesting things inside their tech tree)

I played only the M48 in the chinese tree, but at the time, the gamemode i played was called “the floor is Object 279”, so you can imagine how it went.

Yes, it is indeed armored.
100mm base and a 100mm mantlet with them somewhat overlapping.

Yep, it is paper.

Was that with a 105mm gun? Was that the same as on the T54E1 or E2? Because then i don’t want it xd.

Thank you for this perspective, Matty. I appreciate hearing about other’s experiences, especially if they differ from my own.
Helps me understand everyone more.

Definitely can agree with you further here.

2 Likes