This matchmaking is really unfair

Now is even worse in terms of uptiers for 6.3 and 6.7. Really the changes are just a excuse for add more easy preys for rank 6 premiun spam.
The only solution for this mess is add the old 0.7 BR spread.

But most of ranks 6 premiums also have garbage MM getting sucked into 11.0 games

Play 7.3 and 7.7 and a lot are uptiers too. Play 5.7 and you get many 6.7s. Not sure why people believe 7.3 is an issue.

The same reason they were trying to decompress it in the first place, the jump from WW2 to cold war has always been too large to work properly in game, and now the problem is amplified by removing cold war from some nations to allow the others to go uncontested.

Most have 7.3s after checking so not really an issue.

Yeah, a Wiesel is on par with an IS-6 I guess.

I didn’t know Wiesel was a Heavy Tank Premium!

Most 7.3s the wiesel, if it can get someone alone, seems quite able to cause grief (not got so only faced/played alongside).

There are more than 3 vehicles at 7.3.

It’s not a heavy tank premium, so you end up with a Tiger ll vs IS-6.

What? Yes, in an uptier. Tiger II sees it only in last two BR brackets, heavies are dissuaded from uptiers since day 1. You were on about the Wiesel.

IS-6 is not as common as TT, I saw a lot of 7.0 IS-3s but maybe one Premium IS-6. Why would you be trying to tackle a heavy with an SPAA anyway? (Rhetorical, though if you ambush maybe be able to pop tracks and the mg but maybe not the main cannon as I find RU main cannon extra resilient. I know the Japanese SPAA can mess with a Jagdpanther in seconds).

One of the last matches a ZSU ripped apart the feared French Premium, so seems like they go down too.

Germany team with Russia so not quite the issue.

The whole point of this topic is that they do not team with Russia nor France.

IS-6 has 6000 matches on TS.
IS-3 only 2000 so I don’t think you’ll see that many IS-3s in comparison.
Tiger ll H is only 3000 in comparison.

You don’t bring an SPAA to tackle an IS-6, the point is that there is nothing else at 7.3 because a Leopard is an 8.0 apparently.

But they do, so…

TS… OK, quite bare information as does not say which BR they are fielded nor who teamed with. Again, 7.3 and below seem 1 IS-6 and many IS-3 (relatively). TS is TS. Not seen any of those 6000 IS-6s… maybe they are in 7.7 and above more? Where they won’t see these Tiger IIs, in FULL uptier.

So… don’t make a lineup with an SPAA as top unless you are planning rush/cap/fly. If someone is making such a lineup then that is just bad play, similar as making a GB 5.0 because of the Skink… your choice, your consequences (yes, Wiesel situation is a bigger gap, but not if you up-tiet it to 7.7/8.0)

7.3 just gets pulled up to 7.7 and beyond, probably where IS-6 ends up. But since there is no data this whole argument is becoming quite the stretch.

Maybe try and dissuade all low levels from tanking stats (all nations) and things would work better. But I know you don’t believe that is a thing.

You don’t have to make such a lineup to be dragged into 7.3 games regardless, and as Russia and France are easily the top dogs in those games, it’s broken if they are both paired together and your team has nothing to compete with or someone brought the SPAA and screws over everyone.

And in those 7.3 games there are gaps filled by other nations on your side, this is nothing new. You are always at the mercy of what team mates bring and do.

Things are not right of course, the recent shift upwards has created a very strange situation with questionable BRs without a lot more alterations. For the, on paper, decompressed area of the game let us see how it plays out some more and hope players make wise decisions when playing the current 6.3-7.3. 90mm HEAT-FS might be rather useful on some of those up-tiers! (of course dead meat if spotted, like many of them).

Ideally, find something that can fit 7.0/7.3 other than Premiums and BP Events… If something exists (II know there is a lot of work done on the forums, but getting implementation is another thing).

There aren’t that many things to fill the gaps at 7.3, Germany gets nothing, UK cannot make a lineup, Japan is a joke, China has nothing, Italy has no lineup, Sweden has nothing, Israel has nothing.

US could get an M46 and T32 but it’s easier skipped and get a 7.7 or 8.0

Russia: BTR-80
France: AML-90 , Char 25, AMX-50 Foch
US: T32 , M46
Israel, AML-90
GB: FV4202, Eland-90
Japan: M47, Ho-Ri Production

There isn’t anyone with a huge lineup but all those can make something.

So yes, Italy never had much here, Sweden never had much here (heck 5.7 is one of the last large lineups it can make before later, and only due to thd copy paste added), China the same thing. All but Italy are much better served after 7.0 than before.

Is this about RB or AB? And this super strong Russian lineup of the BTR-80? I am sure the Wiesel at 7.3 can pen back? I suppose France’s strong lineup of two lights and a Heavy TD is just too much to bare? And of course there are the 7.0s that can support 7.3 lineups.

And the context appears to be make 6.7 nicer.

So:

GB: TORTOISE, and Ratel 20
Sweden: NOTHING
Israel: AML-13, Zachlam
China: NOTHING
Russia: T-44, SU-152-54
France: AML-13, AMX-M4 (how often you see one of them?)
Italy: AUBL, FIAT
Germany: Tiger II (H), Ferdinand, Jagdtiger, Add the “removed” and you get another heavy and a medium.
Japan: STB, A3, Type-60 ATM, and SPRG
US: LOTS, 3 heavies and 3 lights/light TDs

So Japan and US get the choices at 6.7, much more so than what is going on at 7.3.

Throw the Premiums in, all of them, and still it is not extreme as being made out requiring a 7.0-9.0 gap! If you want a better MM lock then just make it so single nation teams are reduced/not allowed and let those queuing so much at certain BRs wait. With so many nations in game it is sad to see one nation sides crop up when there is no need but to allow those all going for certain nations to get into battles quicker.

Russia gets the IS-6 + IS-3 + BTR + T-44-100, France also gets the Somua.

You can make something but that doesnt make it a competitive lineup, no one is going to play Israel with just an AML-90, or Japan using the incredibly overtiered Ho-Ri, nor do any of them have the player numbers to make a difference.

6.7 isn’t nicer when 6,7 puts you at 7.3 if not 7.7 consistently as the IS-6 and Somua are currently extremely popular and 7.7 still stacked as well.

So Premiums only. IS-3 is still 7.0. Otherwise for most players it is still only one vehicle… one. Odd that Russia and France can’t face each other since when last on Breslau a ZSU decimated a Somua right in front if my Eland (I legged it).

Without Premiums or Uptiering no one can.

7.3 puts you in 7.7/8.0/8.3 so there is no difference. It starts at 1.0 if you remember.

Again all comes to two Premiums existing that supposedly have nothing that can take them out. Apart from all the vehicles they face that can.

Premiums only’ doesn’t matter when those premiums are more common than the TT vehicles, as it tends to be the case for most things in game at this point.

And who said Russia and France can’t face eachother?

7.3 just puts you against a lot of the former 7.3 and 7.7s that all got uptiered, so that’s likely a way more favorable lineup than it was prior.

My perception is that matchmaking works really hard to keep win percentages around 50% for all players … that’s the only thing I can come up with justify how bad I’ve seen it in the past few years.

It is also unfair in naval battles. My ship is a simple 4.7 destroyer, but in front of me is Admiral Graf Spee, whose rating is 5.7, and with a caliber of 283 mm, it is enough to hit you with a shot to face the doomsday.

1 Like