The Su-25T is the most insufferable plane to grind

First you answer me with what you said in another post referring to another plane (su-39) to which you do not have to grind its modifications because is a premium, second what kind of answer is this, THE TORNADO IDS CANNOT BE COMPARED WITH THE Su-25T, how you can say something like that, one plane is subsonic and the other supersonic, one has decent missiles that become good with the speed of the plane, while the other has 2 missiles that are mediocre compared to the rest and they are also worse on the su25T due to the speed it goes. “9L is not performing well at the moment” of course we have to go back to the old 9l that was impossible to confuse with flares because American players say so, right?
“My concern here is that the R-73 will either be immune to flares or instantly defeated by flares.”
No, you don’t care if it is “instantly defeated by flares”, who are you kidding, the only thing you want is not to add the r73 to any plane, be it this one or any.

Well, in AIR RB… But in Ground Forces, the mode which these planes are supposed to be played Tornado is meh and the Suchois are good.

These jets are just not balanced for air rb.

You want R-73s because you are trying to fly a ground attack aircraft. an aircraft MEANT to be taken in GRB into ARB.

The Su-39 has a tiny tiny claim to being able to fight in ARB as some sources suggest its a multi-role jet and could carry a range of AAMs.

Su-25T though, DOES NOT have such claims. It was meant for one thing and one thing ONLY.

R-73s would NOT be a good solution because they would be overwhelmingly powerful. Being able to hit a target out at 15km potentially, with near impunity as their IRCCM strength is debated currently. Has been nerfed somewhat since they appeared in the dev servers a while ago, But I have no doubt they are still a very strong missile. The game does not handle IR seekers very well. In which case the R-73 will either by instantly defeated by flares and make no difference to you what so ever. Or it will be immune to flares and be sniping things all day long.

The 9L IS NOT performing well. It has 0 flare resistance and that is currently being investigated. It has been confirmed by mutliple tech mods that its current performance is not right.

I compare the Su-25T, Su-39 and Tornado Gr1 similarly because i consider their ARB performance about the same. Tornado Gr1 might be faster, but it has 1/20th the CM count the other 2 have and with the current state of 9Ls, not much A2A power either. neither can turn. A key difference however, is that both the Su-25 and Su-39 by all accounts are very good in their PRIMARY gamemode of GRB, The Tornado IDS variants are not, even the newly added PGMs have only made a minor difference and they are still not finished/proerply implemented

How easy it is to grind/not grind to upgrade is irrelevant. The Jaguar Gr1 gets no CM, AAMs or ground attack weapons, its brutal to grind from stock. Does that mean it should get Aim-9Ms? What’s important is what its like once you reach max rank. And whilst not being Premium does make it less dangerous in most gamemodes. Its still not a good idea to add AAMs that no other nation has even close to matching. Especially after the soviets already have some of the best AAMs in the game by a wide margin

@CREELAST seriously at least read trough the other thread at least once, EVERYTHING is already explained there

1 Like

The Solution, is not give the Su-25T or the Su-39 or as much as i’d love to the Tornado Gr1, or any other strike aircraft better AAMs to buff it in ARB. that is a recipe for disaster.

The BETTER solution is either to de-couple ARB and GRB so that it could have an ARB rating of 10.7 and a GRB rating of 11.3

or

Add an RB like gamemode that is well suited for attackers. This could either be making ARB less of a TDM or by adding a Sim like EC gamemode but with RB controls and third-person. So that those not wanting to play Sim have something they can play instead.

1 Like

I swear man, I don’t know if we play the same game. Do you really play air realistic? The aim 9l have resistance to flares, not like before but I SURE it has a flare resistance.

What world do you really live in. The tornado ids is not good at realistic ground battles? It climbs faster, MUCH FASTER THAN the Su25T, it has thermal, and uses lazer-guided bombs, it’s like the f14b but a little worse. Of course is good in ground realistic better than the su25t in my opinion, with the su25t you can’t climb to much because the engines.

the whole aim 9l thematic is explained in the other thread as well, no reason to give the su 25t currently op aircraft

Laser guided bombs are not brilliant and with Pantsir they are extremely hard to use. The addition of contrails means you cannot sit high. Yes the Tornado IDS can climb, but they are poor performance at alt.

1 Like

Tell me why is it op in air realistic battles? Come on

Do you consider 9Ls on the A-10 a problem when you fly in a 9.7 ish match? Especially in a jet with No CMs

my bad wrong last word meaned currently op missles, the whole variants of r 27 , r73s would be to strong to give a strike aircraft currently, an option would only be 4 r 60ms

1 Like

I would most likely be ok with that, so long as the R-73 doesnt get crazy flare resistance. Also i doubt they would add the R-73 without giving it to all the planes that carried it. Personally, when i play top teair air i dont see Mig-29’s dominating anything so i am not convinced that giving them the R-73 would break the game, so long as it is still very flareable, at all but if gajin want to wait for something to balance it out then i am not going to complain.

1 Like

do you have links to this? bug reports, comments on posts etcetera

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/PV1HITijUnwT

https://old-forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/583198-the-aim-9-sidewinder-missile-information-discussion-topic/&do=findComment&comment=9629908

hi there @CREELAST
we had a similar discussion about the new SU 39.
we came to the conclusion that the only balanced solution to this issue is to ask for seperate BR’s for ground and Air RB. giving the su 39 or the su 25t nearly 20km IR missiles with near 80Gs turn caability is not the solution but a game breaker.

the R73 has IRCCM so artificially nerfing it isnt the solution.
plus the R73 has near 20km or range AS A FOX 2. this would surely break something. imagine. R 27T but better in every way except maybe slight range. plus the mig 29 can carry six of them.
🥲

First, the r73 doesn’t have really 20km, is like the aim 9L in the game, in their card says 11.00 km from rear aspect, tell me can you shot an aim 9L from 11.00Km, NO RIGHT? THE SAME WITH THE R73.
Second, it doesn’t have 80G of turning capability, it has 40g, and we have python 3 with 40G as well, SO WHY IS THIS A PROBLEM?!, YOU ONLY GET TWO R73 IN A SLOWY PLANE THAT CAN NOT TURN, WHY ARE PEOPLE SO SCARED ABOUT IT?!
WHILE YOU HAVE THE A-6E IN 10.0! A premium plane that gets 4 aim 9L in 10.0, AND PEOPLE DON’T COMPLAINT ABOUT IT, SO WHY THE SU-25T CAN’T GET ONLY TWO R73 IN 11.3?

1 Like

Correction: 50G pull limit

because no one is entitled to two free kills
the R73 has IRCCM meaning flaring it is quite difficult for most jets.

WHAT PART DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WIKI DATA DOES NOT APPLY IN THIS GAME?
Tell me, do you play top tier realistic battles?, the aim 9l should be 11.00km, it doesn’t even come close in the game, the effective range is 3km-4km, the same happens with all the air-to-air missiles in this game, they put a distance on their card but it is not the real one when using it, with the r73 it will be probably 5km-6km and that’s it, why do you exaggerate so much?