The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

I’m talking about IRL as well as GI; other tanks perform better IG on several systems than IRL.

IRL we dont exactly know which one has better armor because of classified documents, but we sure know which models got better mobility and firepower.

İf this game based on irl performance many tanks would be suffer in almost any area.

First learn how to read and stop accusing other people for something they didnt do.

Second why did you bring KE-W and M829A1 into this situation. You do realize US army currently using much better rounds then KE-W and M829A1 right?

This is what the mobility of a Leclerc is, To recall a Leclerc 57T and 26.3 hp/t and a VBCI 28T 19.6 hp/t. In addition, the braking of Leclerc and quite impressive.

5 Likes

Interview with General Richoux (Subtitle available in English) He gives a lot of interesting or complementary information. (a leclerc tank user)

3 Likes

Thank you for both of these videos. Seems like the drag race is rather represented in WT tho.

if it wasn’t for the turbo lag in warthunder the leclerc would actually be quite speedy

3 Likes

The reload speed is a balance factor, Gaijin has stated as such before. A Merkava isn’t slower to reload than an Abrams or a Leo 2 is IRL as they use the same gun, yet it is in game. The Challenger 2 probably doesn’t reload faster IRL (and it might even be slower due to the 2 pieces ammunitions), yet it’s faster in game than any of the aforementioned tanks.

As for the Type 10, it is accurate at 4s:

Gaijin has already set plenty of precedent for “special treatments” as you call it, not me. Since Gaijin has already set precedent, buffing the Leclerc’s reload is a perfectly acceptable proposal as long as it’s not a false value, and a 5s reload is supposedly achievable by the Leclerc’s autoloader.

And just to be extra clear: Asking for a better reload or a better round does not mean that we don’t want to see the armor fixed. We absolutely do want to see it fixed.

Three things:

• I never once called you a troll
  • I very specifically called for the armor to be fixed, and I did so repeatedly. I literally mention it in the OP, I made a long post detailing the fact the all armor upgrade proposal did not include uparmoring the LFP and UFP as proof that it’s not as bad as the game makes it out to be, and I even called out Smin on it.
  • Back off with the personal attack. That’s the second time you’ve attacked me it’s getting tiresome. It’s not my fault if you’re not understanding what’s being said.

Which is pretty absurd considering that the whole point of the hyperbar system is to specifically eliminate turbo lag by having a turbine which provides a constant source of power in place of a traditional turbo.

I didn’t invent anything. You said that I was antagonizing French players and that I wanted them to suffer

You also explicitly told me and others to grow up.

Yes, those are attacks and misrepresentations of my arguments. Please stop doing that.

It’s because gaijin think the diesel fuel can explode, but in reality no so the “fuel explode” need to be deleted for tank with diesel, only russian or american with gas can explode (but in the game russian tank never explode for fuel tank, coincidence ? I don’t think)

2 Likes

wdym the fuel explodes more reliably than the ammunition does

While fuel explosion is indeed the source of many BS deaths as I noted in the OP, that’s not even the actual cause of death in that video. Watch carefully:

The shell hit the first armored wall of the fuel tank, which create spalling that kills both the driver and the gunner (on the other side of the tank!), while the shell continues to travel and strike the second armored wall, which create spalling that kills the commander.

The shell managed to kill the whole crew without ever penetrating the hull . It’s the most bullshit death ever.

@Smin1080p I’d love to have a dev comment on this and how they find this to be acceptable

1 Like

Is it Russian?

No.

Rejected.

Gaijin probably.

3 Likes

I’m trying to understand your calculation logic but I really don’t see it, so if someone can explain it to me i’m a taker.

When you angle a material piece that is perfectly parallel & flat at 60 degrees, it doubles the thickness.
The angle equation is actually material thickness divided by the co-sin of the angle, but at 60 degrees it’s double thickness so you can just multiply by 2.

That’s not what the game reports though, so we have no reason to assume that it’s lying to us.
And even IF you’re correct, this applies to every shell, not just France’s. So the power balance is still the exact same, because other nations shells’ penetration scale proportionally as well.

1 Like

The game reports the armor plate thickness at 0 degrees.
A plate that is 310mm thick angled at 60 degrees is 620mm thick.
To claim that I am lying is to claim that the game itself is lying.
As I said prior. OFL 120 F1 is equivalent to 3BM60 & L27A1. It is also equivalent to m/95, M322, CL3143, and DTC10-125.

Agreed, the equivalent KE thickness LOS of part of the armor on Leclerc’s hull is obviously wrong in the game
w700d1q75cms (1)
w700d1q75cms

13 Likes

Nice, where did you get that from ?

4 Likes