The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

Looks like someone’s been leaking sikrit dokuments XD

1 Like

Nah, it’s in English so there’s no reason for it to be an official document. Not only that but it mention LOS (line of sight), which means that it’s an estimate. An official document would just tell you the actual value. So it’s just an internet estimate.

Which means that gaijin won’t accept it, unfortunately.

1 Like

The game clearly reports 537mm of pen for a plate at 0 degree at 2000m, not 620mm.

https://img-forum-wt-com.cdn.gaijin.net/original/2X/f/fd496fef159a86d84eff7c5eb5be9456da8c5639.jpeg

Take it to Gaijin if you have a problem with that.

He’s talking about 60 degree penetration which is more important then 90 degree penetration.

It was a joke lol. I couldn’t read what was written though so thx

What do you mean ?

310mm at 2000, 310mm x 2 = 620mm. Read the 60 degree numbers as those are the real-life tests.
Angling at 60 degrees doubles the thickness of something through horizontal line of sight.

1 Like

Finally an explanation … You do realise though that you unnerved everyono on this forum AND criticised us for saying literally the same thing as we do ??

The name of the topic is “the Leclerc needs a buff” and that’s we are all saying here … we all agree that the Leclerc is modeled wrong and that it needs more penetration. We’re all saying that we want the IRL values in game !

I’ve posted that explanation 3+ times, sir. OFL 120 F1 has its accurate penetration to what French wikipedia claims, and to what the French government claims.
Are you calling the French government liars? All APFSDS rounds are modeled accurately currently, and match their alleged real life numbers. Real-life has atmospheric & metallurgy issues, but for the most part it’s accurate.

@AlvisWisla was talking about 60 degree penetration but somehow @Mobius_Einherjar thought he was talking about 90 degree penetration

Ever since I got the Type 90s, I never again looked back at the Leclercs. I can’t wait to get the Type 10s, which are objectively even better in every single possible way than the Leclercs…

To think that Leclercs are purposefully nerfed and butchered in terms of firepower, armor and survivability (and even more ways for S.XXI) because “the players perform good on it” feels surreal, yet here we are.

4 Likes

Even the mobility on the Leclercs is nerfed, it’s amazing how Gaijin makes France so bad when it should be top 2 of the game with the USA, because yes russian MBT are fucking over rated IRL and you can easily verify that. When the Leclerc has never failed a mission yet (United Arab Emirates war), he’s even better than the Abrams, yet the Abram’s mobility in the game is way more powerful than the Leclerc’s one

We could do the same topic about the Mirages 2000 who got only 2 Magic 2 nerfed at 35G (when it’s 50G IRL) and they are also bugged as fuck, we’ll not talk about the real Mirages 2000 missiles (the MICAS) “it’s too overpowered” ok ok

But the F14 missiles are also overpowered for his BR but nobody say a shit about that, Gaijin could AT LEAST put the real value (50G) of the Magic 2 considering Mirages 2000 can only carry 2 (when all top fighters have 6 all aspect 40G) this is so mad I don’t even know why I keep playing this game.

If I’m not wrong the Mirage 2000 5F can carry 6 MICAS IRL, so he should be in the game carry 6 Magic 2 (if Gaijin really don’t want to put the MICAS) and the Magic 2 should have 50G, I don’t care if it’s “powerful”, all french jets are shit and painful to grind, I don’t see why France couldn’t be the best at something when they are clearly IRL in a lot of things including the fighters with the Rafale (they are as good as the american are) and even the Leclerc, the nuclear submarines…

3 Likes

@Smin1080p İ guess this the right time for developers to think about French top tier future.

Leclerc series does have major weakness compare to other top tier tanks yet developers keep insisting on not doing anything because of how good French player base is.

You guys did the same mistake with Swedish tech tree for a long time by not giving them their historical rounds and keeping them very expensive for a long time.

But even Swedish tech tree did get a very good treatment in the end despite having really good win rate.

Please deliver these opinions to the developers so they can think about this and maybe do something good for Leclerc family.

5 Likes

And mostly we talk about France I don’t know… Maybe it’s a minor nation not played by a lot BECAUSE Gaijin is not making them competitive enough. It will be benefit for them too if France was better, we talk about a world class country, 2nd weapons seller in the world with top industries (mostly in the air with Dassault, Thales, Safran)

It would be time to not even buff France but just… respect the real specs of the vehicles I don’t know? Don’t put them if you can’t respect that.

The Mirages are wrongly made, same for the Leclerc. Gaijin don’t have trustworthy intel about latest MBT’s armor still they decided to put 0 armor on the Leclerc lmao, how the Leclerc wouldn’t be armored in front when it has never been taken down in desert war operations with the United Arab Emirates army (when the Abrams in the same field (desert)) has suffered numerous losses

I’m not even saying all this because I’m french, it’s just the truth, Leclers and Mirages/Rafale have a world-known reputation and are top 3 of their element, just make some extensive research PLEASE

This nation deserves BETTER

6 Likes

İ feel your frustration my friend and i get it.

France is one of the biggest arms dealer in the world, they created many succesful platforms and those platforms proved themselves already.

My biggest frustration about this situation is how developers can make a vehicle with assumptions even tho those vehicles never existed completely ( looking at you yak141,R2Y2 and F16AJ).

They need to take a step back and reapproach for this situation, they are the reasons why french player base is so small. They made many bad choices by adding historical vehicles with poor research and making some of them accesible by only paying real money (AMX30 Super and new french ifv).

4 Likes

France is one of the strongest nations in the game right now due to having 3 soild tanks and the best CAS duo in the entire game. If france were to get a good or meta heli they would be honestly at least #2 nation in the game behind only russia. Could the leclercs be buffed? Sure, they could get a slightly faster reload to maybe 5.5 seconds or something, but its unlikely to happen since the france top tier stats are so high because the nation is actually really good.
Imgur

I know that, but the OFL F1 does not pen 620mm at 2000m, even around 60 degrees:

And you know what? Even if I’m wrong (and I very well could be), it changes… Well, nothing. Because this isn’t unique to France as all nation shells scales the same way, so the power balance is still the same. The type 10 doesn’t pen 615mm but 660m, the M829A2 doesn’t pen 629mm but 682, the DM53 doesn’t pen 652mm but 698mm…

The Leclerc is still in the exact same position.

Nothing about the Leclerc is “solid” as demonstrated by this thread.
Also, keep in mind that some player are only interested in ground forces and want nothing to do with CAS.

Besides, looking at how Russia is handled, well…

France has been struggling lately. Even taking into account that players who play France tends to have higher WR due to having more experience in the game, it was still struggling to keep a ~56% WR ratio while Russia was 65+ (and 70+ in some cases).

And hell, even Justin highlighted that most of his games as France were losses. His WR with the Mirage 2000-5 (the most recent top tier addition to the French tree. It was added last patch so it gives us a good idea of what the current situation France is) is 53%, and he’s significantly better than the average player.

France struggle is real.

4 Likes

the worst part for me is we have been asking for years for these changes

We would have asked for his for Soviet vehicles he would have been buffs for a long time everyone knows it and even if the statistics of this vehicle had was good, let’s be realistic Gaijin has no desire to do anything. 😔

1 Like

No vehicle in WT is nerfed via armor.

@Originaire
Magic 2s have accurate 14km range, and accurate single-plane G-overload of 35Gs.
Dual plane G forces is not simulated in WT, so there’s nothing that can be done until that’s simulated in WT.

@Panther2995
Yak-141 is in-line with Kikka, CV90120, Ho-229, Vickers Mk7, ST-A1, J7W1, T32E1, VB.10-02, SO8000 Narval, and Ariete AMV to list a few prototypes given production planned equipment. Yak-141 has no special treatment. Yak-141 existed. F-16s exist. R2Y2 is the only fictional aircraft you listed. There has not been a single fictional vehicle added to the game in years.

AMX-30 Super BTW has a major turret ring bug that I bug reported a while back & got acknowledged.