The Leclerc is in dire need of a buff

The GALIX system has different types of grenades, including anti personnel (first ones shown):

I think the anti personnel ones are the ones that sticks out, while the smokes are flush.

You can see that they don’t stick out in these pictures and that was when the UAE deployed their tanks in Yemen, in an active conflict scenario (ignore the squares and circles):

Spoiler

On this one (also in Yemen) you can clearly see two different types of grenades, the forward ones sticking out (in red) while the back ones are flush (in blue):

Spoiler

And French Leclerc in Kosovo:

Spoiler

And in Lebanon:

Spoiler

In both instances France has deployed their Leclerc, smoke grenades would’ve been the most logical choice, especially while being part of UNIFIL.

7 Likes

While it is true Leclerc have different types of grenades, in game currently we do only have GALIX-13 (smoke-grenades)

Spoiler

A picture of the smoke cartridge itself if you are curious

Spoiler

Those can be seen in the Leclerc AZUR P1 that was showcased

Spoiler

As you can see they do stick out of the launcher. The same behaviour can be seen in game with the Vextra 105, AMX-40 or AMX-30B2 BRENUS, which is also known to be using GALIX as a system and has used GALIX-13

Currently the grenades also sticks out of the launcher slightly too much, I already reported it internally and hopefully it will be fixed before the major update drops.

In some of the pictures you attached the launchers was closed. About the others, the fact GALIX-13 has been used doesn’t mean other types of smoke-grenades that do not stick out has not been used. In game it is more appropriate to use GALIX-13.

7 Likes

Adding to @WaretaGarasu, in actual use, the Leclerc operationally only use smoke grenades in the front facing dispensers, while the others use anti personal equipment or infrared countermeasures, so that further proves the point that the smoke grenades are those that stick out

3 Likes

@WaretaGarasu @vizender Guess I was wrong then. Thanks to the both of you for correcting me!

1 Like

Yes i know, T80UD is not op T72M2 is not op T72AV is not op…

Attempt I made on the dev server section to draw attention to the Leclercs:

8 Likes

When hell freezes over my guy XD

1 Like

Considering the amount of people in here with access to a wide amount of sources regarding French tanks, I humbly request your support in gathering resources for 2 bug reports I intend to make regarding the current modeling of the AMX-40.

I plan on making 2 invidual reports.

The 1st report I hope to compile will focus on the AMX-40’s missing NERA arrays in it’s turret, which were suddenly removed with zero explanation from the developers.

The 2nd report will focus on the AMX-40’s reload speed.

The AMX-40 uses electric drum magazines just like the Merkava, yet somehow has the slowest reload of any manually loaded tank in WT with blowout protected ready-racks. The AMX-40’s ready rack should be decreased to 15 rounds (only the electric drum magazines) and the max reload speed should be reduced to 6 seconds.

If anyone has access to sources in a format that would directly assist me in this endeavor, please by all means feel free to share with me as trying to compile both of these while being an American that speaks 0 french, has incredibly poor access to sources (at least in a way that can be submitted properly in bug reports) and works 48 hours a week is pretty difficult.

Fellow France mains, lend me your energy!!!

15 Likes

I’ll have a look at the stuff i dug up in the past. Here’s a link Everything wrong with the AMX-30, AMX-32 and AMX-40 series of vehicles

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/jRIa6Pnr8zFh
This was a report over a year old now and 4 months ago the moderator said they’d get a response, is their any update on the rolands elevation angles?.

Does anyone know what model the in-game AMX-40 is?

From a few sources I’m seeing it appears the in-game ready rack is incorrectly modeled (too many rounds in the turret) and that there is only 2 drum magazines, not 3 (thought what I’m seeing might be in reference to a completely different model of the AMX-40).

This would appear to correctly coincide with Rolf Hilmes’s statement on page 38 of “Kampfpanzer - Die Entwicklungen der Nachkriegszeit” that the AMX-40 only has 14 rounds in the turret bustle.

I haven’t seen it recieve any buff to it’s elevation.

2 Likes

This would need translating.

It appears the in-game model is the AMX-40 P4, the final prototype according to the dev blog of when it was introduced.

Considering the 3 electric drums of the P4 are the “ready-rack”, that would still warrant the AMX-40’s current ready rack being reduced from 19 to 15 with a (hopefully) acompanied reload buff.

1 Like

Doubt they’d buff it tbh, gaijin prefer nerfs over buffs for French and British vehicles XD

Getting a bug report done about the ready-rack and a (hopeful) reload buff should be incredibly easy with minimal sourcing required considering it is already modeled in game.

1 Like

No update. I’ve nudged the report.

1 Like

Cheers

Hey. I believe there’s an AMX 32/40 thread that has been created where you can share your research. As for the reload speed report, it was already done a few months ago by -correction- @LETHALWEAPONRAC1, but the devs response was that it was a balance decision. I think the main option would be to have the composite come back, plus the addition of a new shell, maybe ? So that it and both the vextra can join the 10.0-10.7 lineup coming with the leopard 2A4

2 Likes