[Updated 03/09] Testing our Proposed APHE Shell Changes on the Dev Server!

You answered on your question by yourself.

You know better than that, no one said that would be good. Changes like your idea or giving cannon barrels full physics for example would be detrimental to gameplay, but this core gameplay change is among those that can be implemented for realism and balance. People will adapt to this eventually, just like how they did with modern jet combat. The problem with most of the playerbase is not wanting to deal with the kind of inconvenience that makes their gaming experience a bit more challenging in a good way.

2 Likes

Well then I’m glad we both agree on the APHE changes

That’s the kind of realism that should be added. Not having insane repair times, full barrel physics, limited tank fuel and so on.

2 Likes

Please specify that then, because it sounded like you accept ‘realism’ changes regardless of how good they’d be for gameplay.

1 Like

Let me repost one of my replies from the original APHE thread:

1 Like

Do you need me to explain the multiple reasons the vote was rigged against the Yes vote, yet even then it still gained 49% of the vote lmfao

Doesn’t seem to change much.

The two largest impacts are:

1. Cupola sniping is now significantly less effective bordering entirely ineffective on certain vehicles
  2. Notable nerf to APHE SPAA for tank destroying

Aside from that, little change in lethality.

1 Like

Heavy TDs, like the Foch and T95, are going to be massively buffed from this.

And that may not be a good thing.

2 Likes

Which is fine, they sacrifice so much to have decent forward facing armour.

2 Likes

No.
If you want to change aphe to (((realistic))), then give up from all gaming conventionalities)

That’s just you being silly now, such a waste of a reply

2 Likes

Not in all cases. I’d say the Foch is doing fairly well even with its cupola / rangefinder weakspot. Remove that weakspot, and it will become extremely good.
Would that be fair, I wouldn’t say so.

You realize that’s very presumptous, right? The realism that this topic discusses is not the kind of realism that suggests giving the Tiger transmission breakdowns. Come on.

Oh no, heavy TDs and tanks with huge tumour cupolas might actually have a chance to shine now? How horrid.

[cries tears of happiness that the M103/M48/M60 might finally be able to go decently hull-down]

1 Like

Double standards.

Nuh uh you will get one shot by the SPAA slinging APHE and you will like it

They’ve already been shining. Not sure what you’re talking about.

Why wouldn’t it be fair?
Just flank it, or bomb it.
Oh wait gaijin keep shrinking maps and removing flanks.

2 Likes

Elaborate?