Team killing policy - follow up thread

Thing is, one of them is the server replay which should be accurate entirely, which leads me to believe something else is going on.

And this was thier original thread…

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve contacted the support

Just want to know about others opinion and discussing about my problem since the original thread was closed by the community manager and forwarded to this thread instead

1 Like

Here we go mate, There s a some proof i got teamkilled, I reported them in the game but nothing just happened

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/955347047

Forum mods warned you about this. If you dont want to get banned then stop posting it. Use the in game reporting function in case of a team killing incident.
If its punishable game masters will surely take action but you dont have to spam the same thing again and again.

2 Likes

Thank you informing, i just wanted show mate best regards

1 Like

Sry man - but repeating this nonsense over and over again makes it simply not true. Manual reporting of teamkillers (via server replay site) is useless, as:

1. Game Masters have admitted various times that they do not interfere with the “auto-ban” system - this system is setup to track friendly fire automatically.
  2. You find a few posts above the reality of the auto-ban system - a guy killing dozens of friendlies within a very short time frame is still active - all he had was a few temp bans…

So despite that all of this can be found in this thread - i do not understand why you post such statements…

2 Likes

He made a post a few hours ago. That turned into a forum war between two squadrons. Because of that Forum mods warned him about this incident.

Dude - i was referring to the advice “reporting” and nothing else…

Reporting to game masters barely did anything in my experience. Posting it on the forum almost always goes unnoticed by the game masters. So its better to report them using the in game function.

But in this case sending a DM to a game master will help. Since this has turned into a Team killing war between two squadrons.

I see your point, but imho the underlying issue (“reporting of team killers is useless”) is not affected by this.

• The GMs are not banning players, this is done by “real” gaijin staff, the GMs don’t even know these gaijin employees.

• GMs are passionate players like you and me acting as volunteers for gaijin in their spare time - and they are cleaning up the mess in the game chat, not more not less.

• So there might be some chat-bans resulting out of this - but as long as the treshhold of the auto-ban (=temp ban) is not met, nothing will happen.

• I do agree that posting screenshots with names is rather a critical issue, but you can post just the server replay link and give a hint what happened there - same effect, but fine with the rules…

Have a good one!

2 Likes

Another example why gaijin has to do something:

https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/217386359485817490

You will see in my team a “friendly” MiG-3 diving right after spawn to my airfield and damaging two friendlies - he tried to ramm a third and dove then back to the runway whilst shooting (and missing) a 4th friendly.

After repairing he rammed another friendly (Ki-43), broke his prop again and repaired a second time. After repair he tried to teamkill the Ki-43 he rammed earlier and both players died in this fight.

This was accompanied by foul language (reported) - but it boils down that this guy (1200 deaths, 250 kills) is doing nothing else than this.

When do we see those guys flagged and fighting exclusively vs other team killers?

My match before was decided right after spawn with 4 (!!!) team kills within my team - how are you are supposed to have fun with such guys polluting lobbies? @Schindibee ?

1 Like

I was killed three times in GRB yesterday in a short space of time! It’s that time again … the players are becoming more careless and reckless …

The first was a P-47 that thought it would be cool to bomb a Jagdtiger I was circling around with my M41. The Jagdtiger came out the winner of the situation … For me the battle was over. No apology from the offender.
The second was a Ju288 that shot my A6M3, which was under repair, into flames while he was, I suspect, suffering from acute boredom while his aircraft was being repaired. No apology from the perpetrator.
The third was a Lancaster in Sun City that used a 12k LB bomb on a Tiger II, killing three allies and the Tiger II … No excuse here either.

My favourite kind of punishment.

No apology from the person responsible = 250,000k SL penalty + compensation for repair costs. No RP + SL for the match.
For the killed ally the average RP+SL amount he would otherwise achieve with the vehicle in a battle.

The offender apologises = 25,000k SL penalty + compensation for repair costs. 50% RP + SL for the match.

1 Like

…would be aimed to be an actual deterrence & effective.

But gaijin refuses to address this.

So from a holistic pov this is evidence enough that plain stupid or malicious team killers have are rather minor effect on the game itself & their victims as those guys keep playing and spending money - otherwise this ignorance makes no economic sense.

Team killing deletes also countless boosters or wagers without any compensation for the guys unable to get benefits for them - so as long as there are no severe punishments, nothing will change.

My ideas:

Simple stuff like public naming and shaming made Singapore the “cleanest” city outside Europe - so maybe instead of rewarding lucky (and often not even intended) triple kills with a single tank shell with 5.000 GEs (Thunder Show) - why not a 250 GE reward for every “clean” report of a team killer would be a start.

Players with 5 team kills in a month get flagged (and marked) with a star / bubble / whatever and can be killed by every random team mate without any consequences.

With these 2 measures malicious and reckless team killing would end almost immediately.

1 Like

I find this a very interesting approach.

For me personally, it is important that inappropriate behaviour has consequences. It should hurt if you take an ally out of the battle, whether on purpose or not.
This has happened to me too. No question about it. I usually communicate immediately. That alone has often defused the situation.
Once someone even said that it was better in the end because otherwise the opponent would have got the kill. In the meantime, I prefer to abort such approaches and risk my own end rather than that of my ally. Two teamkills happened to me. I swore to myself that there wouldn’t be a third.

At first, the 250GE seemed a bit much to me. But on second thought, it didn’t. In the end, the number of teamkills should drop drastically and therefore also the GE payouts.

Have there already been suggestions in the suggestions section that were rejected by Gaijin?

1 Like

Idk - but the main hurdle for any suggestion is to get an upfront approval by gaijin (so that it can be presented within the forum).

So there is, ofc, the possibility that something similar was proposed several times in the past - but never presented in the forum.

The biggest hurdle I see are the players who like to take the law into their own hands for whatever reason and want to prevent such a system.

I am not sure about that.

• Imho the main reason why the players complain in this thread is that team kills happen in the first place. Then it is a matter of perspective (so missile goes rogue vs fully intended team kills) followed by “realism” vs “video game” and then we see the “Judge Dredd” approach to punish stuff like kill stealing.

So without reliable data (how many team kills happen in total and at which BRs) it is actually very hard to come to the right conclusions.

Even without data i would guess that the majority of team kills were committed by 12-16 year old kids either based on missing experience, frustration or plain stupid / reckless behaviour.

From my perspective the easiest way to get rid of 70-90% of team kills in Air RB would be to disable friendly fire (or no damage output but depletion of ammo) within the first 60-120 seconds of each game.

And then a severe punishment like proposed above.

Imho gaijin is simply not consistent - they claim that friendly fire is part of their understanding of reality (=realism) - but they simply forget that this “realism” needs to be accompanied by consequences as irl friendly fire in aerial combat is/was rather rare (so statistically insignificant) and led to consequences - but team kills in wt have no consequences…

Your description of reckless team mates bombing no matter if friendlies are near or not is imho the direct result of missing consequences.

30 Extremely Sarcastic And Funny John Wick Memes Memy - Vrogue

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone has ever said that to you before … you have a really pleasant way of presenting your views in an understandable way. I just had to get rid of it. o7

1 Like

I am very, very surprised to found out that the auto-banning/kicking system has such low performance. Maybe there is some technical difficulties in terms of determining tk behavior in the middle of a dogfight, but it shall be very clear that team killing in the first 3 minute of the game, close to the airport, is absolutely on purpose. I have been, and noticed dozens of team killing right after takeoff in top tire RB battles. If the closest enemy plane is still 70km away and you can’t even see them on radars, then there shall be absolutely no reason for one to use their misses at such range… At least a new mechanism shall be put in place:

1. Any team killing within the first few minutes, between the airport/frontline airport zone shall result in immediately kick out and immediately account ban.
    Reason behind is simple: there is no enemy, and you need to at least tap twice to use your missile (one for locking, one for launching). Thus, anyone team killing in this scenario shall be seen as doing so on purpose.
  2. Repeat team killing behavior result in lost of plane
    Currently the consequence is just account temporary banning and lost of about 20k SL. 20K SL can be easily earned with a few base bombing rounds, so the consequence is small, as as shown by https://forum.warthunder.com/t/team-killing-policy-follow-up-thread/54130/273, one could be able to reuse the plane for team killing until they lost all the stock SL. The punishment is limited. Imaging gaijin revoke your plane, or an entire level of the planes, for repetitive team killing: now one would lost the chance to team kill at a high tire and need to re-grind all the planes, which is a much more effective way to stop team killing. (notice how for him the efficiency of tk dropped when he is stuck at low tire planes)
    3.Reduction of RP gained
    This countermeasure is mainly for team killing for bases. The team killers sometimes team kill because they want to get bases, or more specifically, the research point. If team killers never gets the rp of bases, at least this reduce the number of team killing for bases.
    Now sometimes people might tk the teammate by accident, during dogfight, etc. The current punishment is enough for accident tk (not paying enough attention to location of teammates), so they will not be affected by the enhance of team killing policy, but team killing on purpose will definitely be affected.
    finally, do anyone know who is the GM to submit report of team killers? My friend was tk by another player today (the user complains that his 12.0 br jet enters into an 13.0 room and tk for such excuse, completely ignoring the fact that it is gaijin setting the ±1.0 br, which means 12.0 can (and nearly always) naturally enters into 13.0, due to the excess of 13.0 planes right after the update. I tried to ask for a apologize but he blacklisted me, and now I don’t have access to the chat (which he attacks my friend countless times) and lost such evidence. Any ideas what to do in this situation? (I did report in game, but just like what uncle said above, the auto banning does not work at an satisfying efficiency and accuracy…
1 Like

You find a list of GMs here:

https://forum.warthunder.com/u?asc=true&group=Game%20Masters&order=username&period=all

As written earlier in this thread:

• Reporting of team killers via in-game reporting is useless
  • Reporting of team killers has to be done via server replay site
  • Reporting of team killers via server replay site is useless
  • GMs admitted that they don’t interfere with the auto-ban-system

Your description of the team kill experience of your friend looks like griefing. So go to the server replay site and search for the match, then perform a report for griefing.

1 Like