Swedish Navy Tech Tree

Both the designs proposed to Sweden were still provided under Swedish supervision and advice, that’s especially true of the coastal defence ship which to my knowledge was not based on any prior Ansaldo design. It’s very possible that the RM inspected them, but to my knowledge the U.P. 102 was specifically created as an export cruiser. If it was to be added, I don’t see why Italy would have it for any more reason than Sweden, especially considering that it appears to have been intended to use non-Italian weaponry. I suppose a good compromise could be to provide Italy with the U.P. 102 proposed to Romania and to give Sweden the one intended for Sweden. I think you must have misunderstood me in regards to that last sentence, the Tre Kronor-class which was built in Sweden based on designs by CRDO and spent many years in Swedish service

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t mind paper ships.
In fact I support this tree, but I think the U.P. 102 should also go to Italy.
Not necessarily under Romanian flag, given that Ansaldo was nationalized, and basically a branch of the design office of the Navy. As others were saying, either a project was offered to the Regia Marina or the export design was based on a design for the RM.
Like the U.P. 41 which was based on a design for a 42,000 ton ship for the RM.

1 Like

Latest battle pass, “Swedish navy emblem”

1 Like

It gives me hope but i also don’t trust Gaijin :(

1 Like

Pretty much same. Strap it to one of the early Italian destroyers and you can pretend that you have a Psilander-class…

1 Like

maybe add some of the swedish subs, there is one event can’t remember the name but a submarien ‘‘drownd’’

Feels too close to the release of the French ships to be coming soon, but one can hope.

First French ships appeared in March 2023 so it’s not too unreasonable if they decide to do one after like a year and a half. Then again, between Italy and France it was three years

I made a list a while back that I posted in the submarine discussion thread. Not planning on including them here though since it’s not an element that we have actually seen implemented in regular battles

1 Like

Yeah its that time between which gets me doubtful, but then again Gaijin loves to dunk on France so maybe they’ll hurry it with the Swedish ships, people will surely claim Swedish bias.

1 Like

At least we now know there’s a chance, albeit a really really small one

I really think gaijin should stop with all the increasingly modern planes in Warthunder, and just focus on naval for a bit, as they have the ability to completely replace world of warships and dominate the vehicular combat gaming space and just finish off wargaming as lots of their player base has moved here already. This would be the final nail in the coffin for wargaming. P.S gaijin you would make allot of money from ex wargaming players trying to get to top tier naval.

3 Likes

Naval definitely needs a rework, new brs, new gimmicks so the player count goes up as well as Scharnhorst specifically being nuked off the face of the earth until she has some actual competition in every nation possible.

Hello

Although Wargaming and Gaijin do not provide the information openly, the number of Gj users represents between 10-25% of Wg’s. Only in the aerial version Wg has been defeated. Another way to understand it is to observe the dimensions of the companies (number of employees, organizational chart, servers, etc.).

And although it is true that many Wg players have switched to Gj, many more have joined the first company, especially because it has strongly targeted the Asian markets and, even with the shame of invented vehicles and lacked of historical rigor, having great returns in population/per capita income.

As for the naval, the player population is quite large in Wg of course (even more when pre-existing users can have the WoT platform simultaneously). And the advertising for World of Warships is abysmal, comparatively to Bluewater/Coastal Fleets (at least here in Latin America).

If Gaijin wants to increase the number of players and its economic return of their naval games, first it has to define a base game style, as you guys mentioned before. Today we have USA, Germany, USSR/Russia, Great Britain, Japan, Italy and France, which still need to complete Bluewater or Coastal base branches.

And, unlike Wg, increase the number of available nations (aka markets) to get more users. China and Latin America are key to expansion to massive and active player populations, the first one because money, the second one because player activity.

Let’s use this topic case, Sweden, as a subject of analysis. Even if Puff’s work is fantastic and complete, I think it can generate a production problem in Gj offices. Due to the size and production times of the company, it would seem unwise to me if it were decided to take this nation as priority at some point in the short or medium term.
The aforementioned nations of China or the Latin American region are an emerging opportunity today. We are talking about projects that take years to complete and if Wg were to advance on these markets, a smaller company like Gj could take little of it.
Now key Chinese ships don’t come to mind, but imagine if Gaijin offered a battleship like the Brazilian, Turkish and British “Rio de Janeiro/Osman I/Agincourt” as a premium. Not only would it be filled with money, but Latin players would flood the servers. I would dare to say that the sale of this ship would far exceed all the profits that could occur if other Swedish ships could generate. The same would happen with Asian ships, even if they are smaller.

I clarify and insist, McPuff’s work is very good, but if one ran a company and aim at the development and growth of Bluewater and Coastal games, in my opinion there are markets that can enhance this (in the medium term), and then take Sweden and implement it like this nation deserves (even if this is in the long term).

I hope you find my opinion interesting. Regards

2 Likes

Scandinavia is Sweden Norway Denmark and The Nordics is sweden Norway Denmark Finland and Icland

This convo needs to be revived. It doesnt feel right that swedish navy isnt in this game. They had ships in WW2 not many but some cruisers and destroyers.

6 Likes

Once they drop the coastal update for France there will only be three nations left without navy trees, so it really is just a question of time until they add Sweden if you ask me. For me personally it’s not that important in what order the remaining nations are introduced.

1 Like

jättebra +1

I just updated the suggestion with a number of new destroyer variants a few other alterations so it’s by no means dead

The Swedish Navy only included two proper cruisers during WW2 albeit that two more were under construction at the end of the war. The number of destroyers on the other hand was considerable and in some regards world leading after the war. The core of the Swedish Navy was however the seven coastal defence ships around which naval doctrine was built. Given the state of other navies in the baltic during the war, this made up a considerable fleet in being.

1 Like

+1, x10000 from me. the swedish navy decoration was enough to make it canon in-game but WE NEED MORE

perhaps next year it could be added?