Submarines - WT Discussion

Anti ship missiles.

1 Like

julieta

2 Likes

Yeah, guess Germany gonna start with exocet before France, see that coming big…

2 Likes

The new year (2024) blog had a christmas tree with a few toy-like decorations.
One was a plane, an other a tank, and interestingly the last one was a submarine. Considering all the testing done in November, i really wouldn’t be surprised if the first subs come this year

So now we just got to merge the 2… Sub launched Antiship missiles when ? :P

1 Like

That would be epic. And watch mobile get Strategic bombers , anti radiation missiles and cold war interceptors before pc as well hahahaha. But submarines would be a dream come true.

1 Like

Just thought I’d post my mockup of what Swedish and Finnish submarines might be relevant to War Thunder down the line. There are plenty more but I’ve limited these to roughly WW2 era tech

Swedish
U1
Hajen II-klass
Bävern-klass
Valen
Delfinen II-klass
U 3 rebuild
Draken-klass early
Draken-klass late
Neptun-klass
Sjölejonet-klass
Neptun rebuild
Sjölejonet rebuild
U4 ubåtsjakt
Hajen III
Draken II
Draken II late

Finnish
Saukko
Vesikko
Vetehinen
Vesihiisi (1942)

1 Like

Swedish Finnish navy hopefully soon as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Sure, submarines have big advantage over ships but lets not forget that 1. they are very slow and 2. they usually had very limited amount of torpedoes.

Killing moving targets with torpedoes is not easy.

Screenshot

1 Like

That’s why i want the Surcouf.

Launching torps toward 3 targets, and shooting with 2x203mm is all i need :p

1 Like

deploy anti-torpedo net
hit

1 Like

Did your net protect against 203mm? :p

1 Like

If they add that, then I want functional ASROC on Chikugo :D

1 Like

France made some flying missile/torpedo too, don’t remember the name right now :D

1 Like

Malafon.

2 Likes

Yep thanks !

1 Like

Or make it to where they can only cap when surfaced

3 Likes

I have a strong feeling we will get submarines this year.
(Source it came to me in a dream) no just kidding but actually with all the testing we already had. It would give naval so much more depth I know depth ahhahahaha but you know what I mean.

2 Likes

We definitely WILL see them doesn’t matter if people want then or not they ARE coming its just a matter of time…all evidence shows they are being worked on.

5 Likes

Make sense, just like helicopters need to land and cant capture point 500m in air. Or that gamemode in Air AB where you need to land on airfield to capture it.