Swedish Navy Tech Tree

Thats like adding the maus to italy and the sturmtiger to usa

Completely wrong xd

+1

As long as

Swedish/finnish naval tree
Norwegian/Danish/icelandic naval tree

So much and too big to combine

Interesting idea and I see what you’re getting at, but in paying homage to that battle I think it’s better to add Blücher as a premium in the German Navy. For a Norwegian ship remembered for somewhat similar reasons, I’d argue that Æger could be a good candidate for a premium vessel as she was the only Slepiner-class destroyer sunk during the invasion of Norway and is likely a better way of representing the sacrifice made by Norwegian forces. Additionally, she was the first ever naval ship sunk by aeroplane in hostility, at least according to wikipedia

1 Like

At least with the Sturmtiger, there is a justification for adding it to the US tree, just considering American forces captured at least one in the waning months of WWII.

As for Blucher, I’d say nay to adding her to the Swedish tree for the reasons already mentioned. That said perhaps adding in something like one of the Eidsvold-class Coastal Defence ships as a premium or Æger as previously mentioned could work as well. Aside from those, there is also the S-class Destroyer Stord (G26) which would be neat.

Mabye, but than machines of all kinds in the same sitouation would need the same treatment, in for example germany’s case that would mean thousands xd

Blücher id a vessels that were used in the invasion of Norway, it was shot at by anicent cannons and trorpedoes and was sunk, that’s all it did in Norway, the first day of the war and it sunk. Why should it be added to some of those naval trees? It’s perfectly fine being added as a researchable/premium/event in the German tree, no reason to add vessels that were never used by this and that country, just because it was shot at and sunk.

One can almost look at it as respectless towards the nation(s) even in a videogame.

Norway and denmark combined gives over 200 coastal vessels and around 60-70 bluewater vessels there is a lot of special and less special vessels out there, self built, modified and bought vessels

Stord in particular, is a vessel that was build by britain, and were quite soon after its launch put in use in KNM. In Norwegian usage this pacitipated in both operations in Normandie and also played the most important role in the sinking of the german battleship “Scharnhorst” where it were the closest in addition to fire and hit 8x torpedoes (long story), this and the vessels with simlar story is important, this was also in service of KNM for many years after the war and purchased by Norway. But there are still vessels, believe it or not that was designed and built in Norway, many of wich fought during the invasion, some fought to the bitter end, some fought and sunk their vessels to prevent it from falling into the enemy’s hands, some fled to britain to continue the fight from there, and some were less fortunate and were sunk or taken

Both coastal and bluewater, lots of them both from Norway, Sweden, Denmark… Scandinavia

Most definitely, my thought process on captured vehicles is that the vehicle either needs to be historically important/operationally used in some way (ie Tiger 131, Tiger 332, etc) or modified in some way during its service (for example the Semovente B1, the German Captured B1 conversions, Flakpanzer T-34(r), the German Flak ships, etc).

As for Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Scandinavian countries in general; they have more than enough ships for Coastal and Bluewater trees and more than enough for their own unique and interesting premiums.

coastal trees are the most neglected in game, if added in full capacity, swedish coastal might stay your personal second but further down the list for many others.

2 Likes

did any of the ansaldo proposals ever laid down? even though i think by the time swedish blue water comes around gaijin will soften up in favor of even blue prints.

Nope, they were considered too large and complicated. The Ansaldo coastal defence ship design was the closest, actually being proposed for construction in a 1943 inquiry, likely the same one that resulted in the Tre Kronor-class being ordered

Just a thought about the rank 5 Blue Water “Battleships”, but due to the fact that it seems other nations have more heavily armed ships in the same rank, having more turrets with the same caliber guns, and considering the Swedish ships are technically more “Pocket Battleships”, I feel that these Swedish ships would not perform very well against the opposing ships of the rank, especially considering that they were meant for COASTAL defense and not blue water operations.

The Sverige-class coastal defence ships can not really be described as pocket battleships as that rather refers to the oceanic German panzerschiffe which are conceptually different from the Swedish pansarskepp. In War Thunder terms, a more apt comparison would be the IJN Ikoma. Both the Sverige-class and Ikoma carry four battleship-grade main guns and have similar speed and protection. The later Sverige-class especially get an advantage from modernisations but would likely perform in a similar manner to the Ikoma which is at 5.7. Despite Ikoma being rank 4, the choice of rank 5 is a result of the fact that other 5.7 ships are already at rank 5 and there really isn’t any more space for the Sverige-class at rank 4. I did also include Sverige in her 1925 configuration before she recieved modernised anti-aircraft weaponry and fire control systems at rank 4 to contrast with the more modernised ships of the Sverige-class for this reason. Keep in mind that the later Sverige-class ships had considerably upgraded fire control, radar, anti-aircraft weaponry, primary battery ammunition (M/36 shells), and machinery.

1 Like

Ah ok, I think that makes sense. I’ll be honest I’ve looked into this a tiny bit, and what little I know was in that not very well edumacated or well formatted paragraph, and it seems you have some good knowledge on this, so I respect your decisions.

1 Like

Other opinions are always appreciated. I’m still tweaking things occationally (which you can see by the number of edits…) and Gaijin will inevitably make changes to the tree layout anyhow :)

1 Like

That is indeed true, and if this did ever get added, it would have to be it’s own major update, which of course 90% of the payer base would hate and screech about, so this is probably one of those need content during down time of the year things, sadly :/

never knew sweden had such big navy lol, also something i saw no one mention, in the english dev stream you can see that there was swedish navy, tho its not available yet on the devserver

wait wut, at what time?

got suspicious of myself and checked the stream again, apparently i’m schizofrenic because there was no swedish navy, maybe i confused with the new french ship

Don’t give me false hope like that lol. Although recently the first suggestion that would be relevant to this tree was passed to devs, namely the Finnish frigate Hämeenmaa (Project 50 Frigate, Hämeenmaa (02) - Finlandized Frigate). And yeah it’s pretty sizable, especially for coastal where you could still add plenty more variants than I’ve included and there are still some more variants for bluewater. I did an update with about fourteen new vessels just the other day actually, especially focused on increasing the variety of the coastal defence ships

2 Likes

sorry for giving you false hopes, got schizoid and genuinely believed there would be swedish navy in the game

Hello.

In the event that a Latin American or Argentine Technology Tree is not implemented, there will be free ships that can be included in this proposal.
General characteristics:

Azopardo-class

Hércules-ship

Heroína-class

Murature-class

República-ship

Bouchard class

All the weapons, both 105mm and 40mm, were specially built for Argentine Navy by the Swedish Bofors.
General characteristics:

105mm/41cs M45

• HE Anti-aircraft.
  • HE Anti-vessel.
  • 15.7 kg shell.
  • 18 shots per minute.

40mm/60cs M45

• HE Anti-aircraft.
  • SAP Anti-vessel.
  • 1.0 kg shell.
  • 130 shots per minute.

Regards