Subsonics getting EC maps?

Am I the only one who thinks it’s an absolute joke for near top tier subsonic aircrafts, especially the A10 with a top speed of around 700kph, to get EC maps?

1 Like

Good keep those things away from people who are actually trying to play the game and not get sniped by AIM-9Ms when they have only rear aspect missiles.

4 Likes

Evidently you have went up against the A10C’s, though have you played and experienced how the aircraft itself performed? Or have you simply came to rant about not knowing how to dodge 9Ms. Not knowing how to do something, and not being able to do something is very different.

1 Like

Yes. It’s an A-10. The stupid missiles do NOT belong at 11.3 regardless. They are too strong relative to other weapons at 11.3.

2 Likes

I can dodge 9Ms, don’t know where you got the assumption I couldn’t. What I can’t do is look at the A-10C the entire time while dogfighting to flare their missiles, it is entirely unfair to have to pay attention to one singular plane and not the other 15 planes trying to fight me.

There’s a lot more other factors that has to be put into consideration, which you evidently have not. The weapons loadout of the aircraft is one factor, but definitely not the only. The state of the american teams, the large amount of premium spams, etc. One of which I’ve experienced, the 9L/M could be evaded even without deploying countermeasures. Remember the top speed of the A10C is around 600kph, and everything else within the A10C’s respective BR range can go above Mach 1, not to mention they usually just boom and zoom you until you’re dead. Even if you force someone to overshoot, and launch a missile, the missile’s initial velocity is so incredibly slow, that the enemy aircraft could very likely just outrun it. Though this is speaking from experience from playing the A10A Late, however with only 9L’s, but it’s the same principle under the missile performance wise. Additionally it is worth noting that most of the aircrafts, within the BR range of the A10A Late, their speed could easily go up to mach 1, now imagine how much quicker other aircrafts can go within the C variant’s br range. Not to mention the Su-25 at 11.3 BR could also carry R-73s, would you conider that an issue too?

1 Like

What I can’t do is look at the A-10C the entire time while dogfighting to flare their missiles, it is entirely unfair to have to pay attention to one singular plane and not the other 15 planes trying to fight me.

In this situation, it sounds like you’d be dead regardless and it’s just a matter of time. The 9Ms just make it happen faster. Potentially you could also extend away to get out of the 10C’s range, then re-engage other enemy aircrafts. Again, there are other ways to be able to counter the A10C’s, your example was not exactly fair, considering it’s almost a lose lose situation dog fighting multiple aircrafts, the A10C just happens to finish you off and you putting the blame on it. However back to my initial statement, the vehicle is practically unplayable within EC maps, there’s no way to get a single kill unless the enemy aircrafts fly to you.

1 Like

The ONLY way to kill an A-10C at that BR is with guns, so have to get above and behind it, pray he’s dumb enough to not look behind him, and hit my rounds. All he has to do is point and click while I’m dogfighting someone else. Thats unfair, it’s good they get no kills because they don’t deserve any.

2 Likes

The ONLY way to kill an A-10C at that BR is with guns, so have to get above and behind it, pray he’s dumb enough to not look behind him, and hit my rounds.

Personally I never had an issue killing the A10C’s from the back, even if they try to evade, I’d always hit them with guns while they’re trying to evade nonetheless. However this just reinforces my point of boom and zooming which isn’t hard to do. If you do miss your shots and you extend, even if the A10 gets his nose around to you and launch a 9M, its intial velocity is incredibly low, not to mention the A10C evading your guns further lowers its speed, which as a result, allows you to outrun it without even needing to flare, that is if you’re in an afterburning jet of course. Overall, there is a way, and likely more other ways to eliminate an A10C, whereas the initial statement and topic of this thread, subsonics like the A10s getting EC maps, makes it impossible to get any kills unless a player flys towards you, which obviously isn’t something you can control. Again, reinforcing a point I’ve made previously; not knowing how to do something properly, and not being able to do something is very different.

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from, within your point of view. However you’re also proving the fact that you can do something against it, just it’s hard to do so according to you, which I sort of disagree as I’ve never had any issues with it from a rare engagement. But nonetheless, my statement is its impossible to do something, while you’re arguing that it’s hard to accomplish something.

1 Like

I am not dumb.

Your unskilled allies don’t determine your aircraft’s performance.

Remember, you are flying an attacker, not an interceptor.

Have you learned that missiles have their limits and you should try getting better launch solutions? Now imagine having a Po-2 with MICA-EM at 3.0.

Not much difference.

No. Why? No helmet mounted cuing system. The R-73 does not have nearly its full potential without it. The R-73 is SLOWER by a long shot. You only get TWO R-73s as opposed to FOUR AIM-9Ms. R-73 is easier to defeat, and requires less CM usage.

Trying to claim a plane that’s slower than rank 3s and only gets Aim-9s to fight 12.3 is somehow overpowered is honestly quite comedic.

Also, not to mention, A-10A also being put in toptier BVR maps for 0 reason.

You will see 10.3, which is the bigger problem here. Not every game is 12.3. Claiming that 11.3 is too high for something with HMCS and 4X AIM-9M, despite the airframe being bad is absurd. The aircraft at the same BR are using R-60 and AIM-9J equivalents. Not to mention, going as low to see things WITHOUT a way to defeat this missile is straight up stupid. I can guess you defend the A-10A as well, which STILL sees defenseless aircraft on a regular basis. You are flying a GROUND ATTACKER that is NOT MEANT TO BE USED as an AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTER. Get used to having a bad airframe. A-10C should be 12.0 and A-10A should be 11.0 and 11.3.

2 Likes

You get one chance if the A-10 player has half a brain cell

Red is me, yellow is A-10C

The blue line is the AIM-9M going straight up my tailpipe at 1 km range

(Excuse my amazing graph quality)

1 Like

You get the best AIM-9 in game. Let me say that again, you get the best AIM-9 in game, with the potential to get an even better one later.

The lowest BR AIM-9M carrier other than the A-10C is 12.3. The A-10C is slower so put it at 12.0. Problem solved.

Have you learned that missiles have their limits and you should try getting better launch solutions? Now imagine having a Po-2 with MICA-EM at 3.0.

That’s extremely different, Mica has the range, and has the maneuverability. The 9M has the maneuverability, though to a certain extent, but it doesn’t have the range due to its initial velocity being terribly low, which as a result decreases the range of the missile by a fair margin. If the PO-2 had Aim 9M’s, and it was placed in around 5.0, then yeah I’d say that’s fair. Its speed is incredibly low, it sometimes can’t even take off, and the match would be likely towards the end or is ending by the time it reaches an enemy target. The example you provided is very poor, if the A10C had Amraams or other modern fox 3’s, that’d be a complete story.

I don’t think you’re seeing the entire picture here. You’re arguing that it has great missiles and HMS, but you’re not taking into account of its incredibly low speed. Killing an A10 isn’t hard, honestly. Take your pick; extend and come around, extend and fly up, boom and zoom etc. What I have been trying to say for the last 3 days, is that it is practically unplayable in EC maps due how to large it is. By the time you arrive into the middle area of the map, the match would have been over.

1 Like

The lowest BR AIM-9M carrier other than the A-10C is 12.3. The A-10C is slower so put it at 12.0. Problem solved.

You’re not making it fair, you want to kill the entire A10C’s playerbase. I’m arguing to make it fair by removing it off the EC maps. It’s best Aim-9 missile and HMS compensates its incredibly low speed. Just like how other aircrafts within its BR with an afterburner, only gets missiles like the 9G. Because it has the speed and possibly the turnrate depending on what aircraft it is. One factor of a certain aircraft is extremely low, while another factor compensates that. That’s how balancing works, by making it fair. You on the other hand, look at the pros, and completely ignore the cons of an aircraft, not to mention your intentions isn’t even trying to make it balanced, rather you want to kill the entire playerbase of that aircraft just because you find it hard to kill. That doesn’t sound very open minded nor fair. I can also confidently say of all the games I’ve played in the 10C, 90% of it has been full uptiers.

1 Like

Red is me, yellow is A-10C
The blue line is the AIM-9M going straight up my tailpipe at 1 km range

Yeah… if you miss that shot mate, that’s honestly not even the game’s problem, that’s just a skill issue. I’ve always done that and never had an issue killing an A10 with an afterburning jet. If the A10 didn’t move and you couldn’t hit it, that is entirely your fault. If the A10 did manoeuvre out the way of your guns, it would have turned. Not to mention you dove on the A10, your velocity would have been much greater. By the time it gets its nose back around remotely close to you, you would have outran the missile’s range. Your graph, could only work, under the circumstances of you missing your shot of an A-10 that’s flying in a straight linear, and you pulled up in front of his nose, while he pulls up slightly to launch a missile at you. That is clearly skill issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the game’s balancing. This also proves that you don’t know how to dodge 9M’s, even after claiming that you do. I’ve also noticed you’re a low level premium spam. Now I’m not surprised of everything you’ve said, let alone the biased unlogical conclusions you came to.

1 Like

A jinking A-10 will dodge the gun of a MiG-21 easily. If they fly in a straight line I will kill them but not if they have half a braincell.

If a plane is at a BR where as you said the only
way to kill it is its pilot’s stupidity than its OP. You are knowing using and abusing an OP plane. It would still be very good at its BR if you moved it because AIM-9Ms are still very good at any BR. If your constant full uptier stories are true (they’re not I see A-10Cs in almost every game I play at 11.0) than it would be better to be at 12.3 no? You get full downtiers every game than.

Also I would like to see you flare a 1km rear aspect AIM-9M shot with 15 pops of flares lmao

The last half of your post devolves into weird personal insults because you seemingly are struggling to stick by your point.

1 Like

If your constant full uptier stories are true (they’re not I see A-10Cs in almost every game I play at 11.0) than it would be better to be at 12.3 no? You get full downtiers every game than.

That is not how matchmaking of the game works. My matches have been constant uptiers believe it or not. I’m not sure where the black hole is, but it is true.

If a plane is at a BR where as you said the only
way to kill it is its pilot’s stupidity than its OP

Never have I ever said this, not sure where you got this from. A10’s have always been the type of aircratft where if you, as an opponent, do not want to fight it, you don’t have to fight it. If you extend away, there is absolutely nothing it can do to force you to fight.

AIM-9Ms are still very good at any BR

This is strictly just not true.

Also I would like to see you flare a 1km rear aspect AIM-9M shot with 15 pops of flares lmao

Yes, I’ve done it before, it’s hard but not undo-able. However if an A10 gets 1km behind you in the Mig-21, you’ve already done something wrong, that is entirely on pilot error.

The last half of your post devolves into weird personal insults because you seemingly are struggling to stick by your point.

It’s an analysis of the situation and it rules out the amount of pilot error occured within your “graph”. If you take it as a personal insult, there’s nothing much I can say. My point is there, and have reminded you repeatedly about it, you just need to see it.

1 Like