Su-25BM 558 ARZ strike jet aircraft

Su-25T will be getting R-73 if this practical test works.

But I could genuinely see that being a few months down the line. Prehaps even Q1 next year. Many may want an Su-25 to run in ARB sooner rather than later. Especially as I 100% expect them to be totally broken when initially added and take some time to actually get to a reasonable place

Eh, Gaijin has never been that slow after a practical test.
9L from A-10 to Harrier to supersonic was very fast after all.

Yeah, but…

Spoiler

Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container - #283 by Smin1080p
Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container - #266 by Smin1080p
Su-39, "Khod/Kinzhal" Thermal Imaging/Radar Container - #261 by Smin1080p

I don’t think in this case it will be that fast. I think Ironing out the kinks with IRCCM and off-boresight missiles is not going to be a quick or easy thing. It also only coming to an event vehicle, not a TT/premium does affect things as well. This is definetly a beta test.

By that logic, we should have seen ASMs added to a far greater number of vehicles. Their value is limited true, but the Tornado MFG was added what? 9 months ago? and still the only aircraft in the game with ASMs (i think)

None of that is denial after the data Su-25BM will provide.
Gaijin needs to test R-73s practically regardless cause BR12.3 will require them in order to compete against early ARH aircraft, and super SARH aircraft like F-15.

ASM BRs for naval aren’t happening this year, so the level of urgency is separate to R-73s.
Especially as we head into next year where advanced ARHs and IRCCM missiles just are the obvious next step for all new BRs from then on.

When naval gets near ASM BRs the urgency will increase for that.

1 Like

Yeah, but I think the gap between 9Gs and 9Ls is far far greater than the gap between 9Ls and 9Ms will be. Same for R-60 to R-60M and R-60M to R-73.

and whilst you are right about the next gen of aircraft. I dont think that is any guarantee that the Su-25T or Su-39 will see R-73s anytime soon. Only that they have the necessary data to safely add R-73s and 9Ms to the next gen of top tier fighters being added at 12+

I can already see this Su-25 having a higher BR than the other 2. 11.7 ish.

and whilst I dont disagree with you with the ASMs. Still not much of a reason to add them to more stuff. Should be a doddle to add the AS.34 at least to the Tornado ASSTA, fairly certain it could carry them and then just copy paste the radar over as well, all 4 Tornado IDS had the exact same radar. Just in game they have different ones

I’m just glad this one gets TV guided bombs.

there still is a difference, the su 39 and tm have the vikhers the combination of vikhers and r73 is potent, besides that some people are saying that the new su 25bm might not receive the targeting pod

Su-25BM will always be inferior to Su-25T for ground attack regardless of TPOD or not purely from the fact it’ll be 11.3 minimum without expanded ordnance.

yes but i meaned if they introduce it to the su 25tm and su 39, i have no problem with giving the tech tree one the tm the r73 , it might result in br increase but as tech tree vehicle that is ok, but the Su 39 as a premium should not receive them, it makes the premium to strong and possible increase the br to 11.7 which premiums arent supposed to be.

Buying to top tier is bad enough, we dont need to further increase that problem as it already is.

I’m just glad this one gets TV guided bombs.

I’ve used the TV bombs on the SU-39 and gotta say… It’s absolutely trash and randomly goes off target occasionally.

I’ve used other TV guided bombs like the GBU-8 on different platforms and I’ve only had this issue specifically on the KAB-500Kr as well.

I’ll be honest, the Vikhrs get me 2% of my SU-39 CAS kills and I mainly use the Kh-29T and the Kh-25ML which make up majority of my kills.

The only time I use the Vikhrs are when I’m out of air to ground missiles (which is usually never) so I doubt it would be a game changer.

I don’t believe the Su-39 has the TV guided version, only laser.

The SU-25T and SU-39 both already get it in-game, I think you’ve mixed up the MiG-27K with the SU-25.

The Su-25T & Su-39 will receive the R-73 ASAP after the event - probably at the next major update.
However, capable fighters will only receive such capable missiles (9M, 73) when MAWs are added to aircraft - ie the Su-27.
No way Gaijin will add a good IR missile without nerfing its capability by handholding the player with MAW systems.
Can’t have anything nice in this game, because players can’t cut throttle and flare at the same time - clearly too many buttons!

2 Likes

MAWS is probably coming to the Gr7 next major update or the one afterwards.

And that should be what you have to do to evade a 9L, flares should do absolutely nothing if you are on full reheat. But they just nerf them to the point where one flare is enough to defeat them. So maybe they’ll just do the same to the R-73 instead.

I doubt Su-25T and especially the Su-39 will recieve R-73 so soon, especially after they stated it wasnt going to get anyhting. Maybe December update at the earliest.

2 Likes

MAWS is probably coming to the Gr7 next major update or the one afterwards.

We need this ASAP! I love the Harrier GR.7 and this would make life much easier especially in Air Simulator.

I doubt Su-25T and especially the Su-39 will recieve R-73 so soon, especially after they stated it wasnt going to get anyhting. Maybe December update at the earliest.

Yeah they only really said it was up for consideration but have strictly said only the SU-25BM would receive them first.

1 Like

Yeah, i might dust it off when that comes. Mainly been in the Tornado Gr1 of late. But Gr7 is going to be very deadly in Sim

Can anyone point me to some evidence that this upgraded Su-25 is reusing the Su-25BM designation? I’m trying to update my custom localization, have not been able to confirm that the aircraft upgraded by 558 ARZ have been assigned a new designation.

I’ve tried to find if it uses the BM designation, I did find a site using the Belarusian language. But it doesn’t say anything about its designation.
https://naukatehnika.com/shturmovik-su-25-belorusskaya-versiya.html