Stop. Removing. Sniper. Positions. From. Long. Range. Maps

You can’t definitively prove that. I am fairly sure I voted yes to that poll, but I don’t want the Sinai changes reverted.

Gaijin also sucks at making tanks feel like tanks.

High tier tanks will always feel like go-karts with how Gaijin depicts them. Low tier tanks actually feel like tanks, high tier ones feel like a character in an FPS game.

4 Likes

This is i can find with a quick look.
“this is how new crappy Sand of Sinai”
“New Sinai is crap”
“New Sinai is absolute hot garbage”
“Just played the new version of Sand of Sinai, and I have now officially joined the one death leavers club
Very nice that they finally butchered Sinaï”

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/190q3zc/the_new_sands_of_sinai_map_is_trash/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/18seq4y/new_sands_of_sinai_another_maps_original_idea/

1 Like

It does not force you to use your brain as opponent is directly in front of you. All these changes are just dumbing down the game as average player doesn’t wont to use brain. If map is big and you coultn’t tell which side opponent might come from they you would have to use your brain.

1 Like

I was talking specifically about Sinai there.

Over half the team on old sinai would just camp on that hill, and make the rest of the map annoying to play because someone could nearly always see you.

You can still flank and snipe on Sinai. It even made some flanks more viable.

1 Like

I know people don’t like the Sinai change, I am saying that you can’t prove that everyone who voted yes in that poll, wants the Sinai changes reverted.

To the people who do: find different spots to go. Find new routes to take. Some routes are now more viable. Some new viable sniping spots have appeared. It has allowed for a greater area of the map to be a viable place to be in because you won’t always be seen by someone on the hill. The hill also allowed for some bad spawncamping if 1 team lost it.

People just see “map got slightly smaller=bad,” and they ignore the good that came out of it.

1 Like

Just accept every map as its made.Sinai was a great map and those sat high on the hill were easy targets for those on the low lands.Then the whiners came in a ruined it all.

That just leads to the game getting worse because feedback would be ignored.

Only if they weren’t paying attention. Everyone is an easy target that way. To me, it made other routes viable, and made certain gameplay styles better. To others, it removed an integral part of the map. My advice for finding different places to go, and different ways to play, still stands.

People will always wine about everything no matter what.

1 Like

Yes but its people like you not people like me that helped ruin the maps

2 Likes

I never asked for any of the map changes, I am only saying that certain changes aren’t as bad as people make them out to be.

I think the American Desert changes ruined the map completely. Same with the single cap Alaska/Cargo Port changes. The Mozodok changes are meh, and could’ve been done better. The Hurtgen changes didn’t affect much, apart from removing some annoying spots.

1 Like

I was also talking about Sinai. Now you have only to go forward with slight deviations which requires almost no brain usage. Before you would need to watch hot hill battle progress on minimap and ask yourself is that passage safe to cross or someone from hill is looking because we lost flank/vantage point.

Lets simplify it with example. Sinai now is like Civil War battle. Rows of soldiers meet and shoot at eachother in a row. Sinai before was like WWII battle with strong points, choke points, overwatch spots and engagement line.

4 Likes

This started with “changes on sinai was mostly positive” and like i show you this is false.

The map was completely ruined, right now is totally unbalanced and most of the combats are for C, inside of the town, long range factor was mostly removed and the map was converted in another trash urban fight map.
The old version was fine, you can avoid the hill campers with a bit skill easily and never see one side with better options of victory than the other but right now is completely biased for one side, is pathetic and should be reverted ASAP!!!

6 Likes

This is how gaijin wants the game to be.

The WT wants to be a casual game for people to enjoy without much effort. Previously the answer for anyone having problem with someone in a good position was CAS (aka air unit, going to simplfy it).

Sadly not as many players were able to gather around 300-400 SP, so they still weren’t able to deal with a player in a good position and died to him again.

So what is the conclusion made by said player?

“REMOVE OP POSITION!”

No one is going to reflect or even think about trying different routes/vechicles/tactics as it would require effort. So gaijin listens to that and that puts as here.

8 Likes

There shouldn’t be any OP positions imo.

Gaijin should remove them in a way that benefits everyone, and makes the map better. Which they often don’t do.

Everyone in WT seems to do this. You remove one spot and someone starts crying, you add a counter to one and a different person starts crying. People just cry too much when they don’t get what they want. People seemingly refuse to learn how to play different maps, they just see one they don’t like and get mad.

1 Like

There never were any OP positions, just players unwilling to learn.

10 Likes

Why not add the new sinai and keep the old one as well? Same with all the maps,imagine how varied the rotation would be and both you and I would be happy.Well…happier.

3 Likes

Exactly. Also as long as there is death cam which is showing position from which one got killed I have 0 sympathies for those complaints.

Wouldn’t be terrible, but I think it would have to be changed more to have a significant affect on gameplay. Maybe expanding the map even more to include the area of small Sinai could work.

There could be Sands of Sinai in its current form, small Sinai, and one that encompasses the whole area of both.

Also, a slightly unrelated complaint, why are all the largest versions of the maps only at 10.0+? I want to play on the large versions of Fulda, and big Tunisia. Why limit that to 10.0+ when nearly every tank above 8.7 has an LRF, with many having TVD?

2 Likes

Its frustrating to see maps messed with and makes map knowledge pointless and hampers progression.Still ,having a different view point and taste is not a crime. I Wish Gaijin would accommodate both sides more often.

3 Likes

One solution would be to remove all maps, and have purely procedurally generated maps in the game. You’ll never play the same thing twice, which limits the potential of OP positions as everyone will have to learn the map during that one match; this also puts players on an even playing field in terms of map knowledge.

7 Likes