State of Type 93

You cant lock Ka-52 at all (Like, i have never managed to lock ka-52 from any range and any angle)

You supposed to be able to lock ka-52 because of visual seeker on type91. And you even could lock ka-52 for some time long ago but that was “fixed” in less then a week(You still couldn’t kill it because of stalinum tho)

War Thunder parkour XD LOL

YES OMG

5 Likes

Now lets hope they don’t break it as bad as the Type 91 is. I am a little more optimistic tho since these are not manpads so maybe they won’t be coded as bad.

2 Likes

Hah good joke, when was the last time u played VT 1 or rolands?

Yeah their not greatly modeled but have you seen how manpads and more specifically the Type 91 missiles are on the Type 93? They are just outright useless.

These are unique in that, from my understanding, they’re guided manually until their onboard sensors pickup the target, whether that’s IR or active radar.

It’s kinda of the best of both worlds, you get to launch even if you don’t have a lock at the time of launching and once lock is established by the missiles, it takes care of the rest so you don’t have to guide it in all the way.

FWIW, the automatic guidance is usually pretty good as long as they have the G overload for it. Like even the Type 91 has good hit rates when launching against targets within proper launch windows (not launched at front aspect fast moving targets within say 3 km).

1 Like

I am afraid they will put it in 11.0, flarable with a single weakest flare and still can’t shoot ka-52 which basicaly will make it slower type93
Oh god please let me be wrong

1 Like

On Russian dev stream they said that the Type 81 and Type 93 will be receiving a way to change between locking optically and locking with IR. Think we’ll be able to deal with helis now lol.

2 Likes

Only if there are no background behind them and weather is good

So never then lol.

Every match I have now is overcast foggy and rainy.

There is still hope, as there are videos of them hitting smaller targets than helicopters on cloudy days.

If it’s just based on high contrast situations or just high enough light levels to have a contrast of sufficient amounts… I should think it will make the system far more deadly.

From what I understand as well, the Type 81 has some form of datalink per say with the missile, so you can have an IR lock, and fire on the VEHICLE’s lock, and guide the missile in until it has a lock to be done. I haven’t the foggiest if they’re going to properly implement it but, I’ve also heard the Tan-SAM will only be a 30G missile even though I’ve heard it should be much higher.

Its irl, in gaijin game we have different physics
but yes, I believe it can be adjusted how much bad weather affects missiles(or at least hope so)

don’t forget, in WT you can barely hit a plane that’s 500m out with the Type 93 💀

Sorry to say it myself, but as you all said, it’s less than 1% hope…

Well good news on the Dev server, I know the Type 81 received a new function for the missiles, being what appears to be a track-point designation so you can aim more for the nose or tail of an aircraft, and it feels like the locks are a bit more consistent against ‘cooler’ targets like the Ayit as well.

Didn’t have the time to test if the Type 93 received anything of the sort however, so further testing will be needed.

2 Likes

It’s the new guidance modes that allows you to choose if the missile will use IR or Optical/Photo Contrast can also leave it on Auto as it will switch between IR and Optical automatically.

1 Like

So I’m guessing that when it’s set to the target around the engine, it’s set to an IR track, and when it’s set to have the target around the cockpit, it’s tracking in Optic/Photo mode then?

Will the vehicle be receiving any form of TWS IR scan or a means to spot targets without using just the Mark 1 Eyeball? Is there also any reason to designate whether a missile should be using IR or Optical manually instead of using the automatic designation?