State of Type 93

I have been playing Type93 since release, I saw it getting changed more than 3 times over the years, it’s all fine right now, and much better than other similar systems,. It’s not a problem with a vehicle but with players lacking basic skill, screaming and wanting more buffs so they can stay braindead. Just learn how to use it and you will be fine with Type93.

Type93 is perfectly balanced right now, and better than ever before.

Just question to you. So as I see you are person that cares only about balance. So hey then let’s just not care about things in war thunder to be like irl and model to how they are made and how they preform in irl but just on balance.
So you would be okay with for example tiger 2 get it front plate made 50 mm because it would help balance ? This going like really far but still just example of not modelling things how they are irl

1 Like

It’s not really about balance at 9.3 right now. The issue is that the real missile performs a lot better by being much more resistant to flares, having consistant higher range and pulling tighter turns to hit targets.

Additionally it is currently the best Japanese SPAA, and the only Japanese SAM in the game, which means it is used up to the top BRs. Now it struggles to compete with other SAM and aircraft can easily defeat it.

So it is an artificial limit to the maximum capabilities of Japanese SAM currently. Being balanced at 9.3 is irrelevent when it is inaccurate and needs to be used up to 11.7

2 Likes

Better than before? Yes. Balanced? No.
Yeah, it works somekind of well on its BR, but the problem is it the only Japanese spaa from 9.3 to 12.3 (yes, battles with top-tier planes are counted in bracket)
And it sucks here.
(And yeah, idk how not hitting sub-sonic plane from rear aspect shot with several missles deals with "skill)

2 Likes

Even better than before is debatable, it used to be able to lock any helicopter from more than 4km away, now an Alouette or a Huey can outrange you despite the nerf to SS.11…
Against planes, it’s always been an IRCCM 9B, but it also lost some range.

The QoL stuff like the uncaged seeker, and somewhat less prominent misfire situations did improve the experience, but in term of capability to engage, I’d say we’re amongst the lowest points in this thing’s existence.

2 Likes

Been playing Japan top tier for the last couple days, taking the type 93 is a complete gamble on whether you can actually kill something. Helicopters spawn too far out to lock on, drones spawn too far out to lock on, when you finally do get a lock, KA-50s and SU-25s EAT the SAMs no problem, on multiple occasions now I have directly hit the nose of an SU-25 for it only to get a “hit”. Japan needs something and it needs it now. Wish there was plans for a type 11 or type 81, that’d finally close the gap.

imagine they add f16 but missiles nerfed by half in range and G pull, you get early radar instead of PD that never was installed on jet and all of that was done simply to fit it against early F4 at ~10br because gaijin don’t want to implement propper equivalent
Thats what type93 is - an absolute bullshit

4 Likes

And is Russian spoken in Japan?, not yhm, unfortunately we can’t help, gaijn

Yesterday I was able to lock helicopter (I think it was aluete) at range of aproxumetly 3 km and destroy it.
Did something change or I was extremly lucky?

5 Likes

Yep thats what I told to myself and then proceded to destroy Arado blitz that I saw for split second befor he hid behind forest

I think they changed something (might not be intentional though) because today my missile did this. Normally I can’t even lock them.

Jop the same thing happend to me

Interesting I’ll have to give it a go myself

I remember in one type 91 bug report, that they said to put a suggestion in the forums for a visible light seeker.
Has that been done yet? I don’t see any traces of that in the forums

Am I the only one that feels as though there’s been a shadow-nerf to MANPADS, or maybe just the Type 91 in particular, when it comes to it’s handling characteristics?

I had a drone 1km away, the little recon ones, and before the update I could hit them relatively easily even if they were bobbing but now, it just can’t hit it for the life of him. In that same match I had to fire 4 missiles as an Su-7BMK because the first one barely pulled to try keeping up with his slight turn, the second missile flew off course from a slight barrel roll, the third took out part of his wing via blast radius but was about to miss like the second, and the fourth finally blew the wing off but still didn’t enjoy tracking.

So I did something awesome today

11 Likes

Noice

360 back flip, good air time 10/10

They didn’t, you simply shot it in the back where heli don’t have invincible armor. Usually enemy ka-50\52 just don’t turn sides or back to you
Even if they did make target lock better don’t worry it will be fixed and reverted to broken state in less then a week like they did it for 3 years(or 4 already, when nerf-dart spaa was released?)