Spawn Killing and base camping

Pushing through the town to collect what comes from enemy spawn is common on that map and attractive for those who hate Urban maps. I do it in fast vehicles. Either push past B where nobody goes to emerge the other side or stay on B kill the loner who turns up to take B then move on. Common tactic. Risky though as you are moving fast though the town but people on that map always do the dame thing. They all head to A or C leaving the center mass for easy travel It is a reversal of every other map where they all leave the side vacant.

As far as I can see if you A: have the brains to work it out and B : either fight or get lucky and reach your sniper spot you deserve it.

How many players got no kills for days on that map ,then they find a way to get kills, why should that be denied them? Is getting kills just for the elite or something? Get them while you can because for many kills are hard to get. Not everybody is an Oddbawls 15 kills every game person.

1 Like

If you don’t want to be spawn killed, don’t spawn

3 Likes

The Carpathia map shown above is one map where maybe not spawning is a good idea once the 3 caps are taken by the enemy.

Spawn camping and spawn killing are not against War Thunder rules.
If your team allow enemy team for such behaviour, you cannot blame enemy to take advantage.
Protect your flanks, protect your spawn.

If you think you are not able to push out enemy from your spawn and your team already lost, you can always not spawn anymore. If enemy is on your spawn (enemy visible on minimap near spawn), you will not get crew lock for leaving battle.

7 Likes

Exactly and that is the bottom line right there. If it is legal and you can do it, then do it. Don’t be making up rules that are not there. Don’t hammer yourself when the game is hard enough already.

Not going to lie, did not read that wall of txt. This is why people leave after one death, its not worth spawning in to get insta killed. Players will spawn camp the heli pads with helies and just sit there as the aa does nothing. Then the other player will just fly around the air base to see if drone or plane spawn in. Game over.

This is really important, I can’t recall how many times I’ve seen teams congregating in like 10% of the map area, leaving most of the map completely open.
Of course, they get clapped hard by flankers, as they should.

1 Like

On every map there are two helipads - close and distant.
Close one got non-lethal AAA.
Distant got lethal AAA.

When you spawn in heli, you can select one of them depending on situation on map. It’s up to you, which one you will spawn.

I completely understand , except that the closest helipad is camped by hellis and the further one since its next to the air base is camped by a jet. This doesnt happen all the time but it does happen. There is no way to know if your pad is getting camped or not until you spawn and by that time you log out with in 5 seconds to leave vehicle and take a loss, or get shot up by the heli camping you. I ve spawned in both and got insta killed and when it happens a lot its just gets frustrating.

Could we maybe get that spawn protection radar on the closer for at least the ones that are right on top of the base?

skill issue, stop to cry and learn how to play.

2 Likes

Recently i suggest reduce the reward when someone kill you in spawn or nearby

2 Likes

Do you have a link to your suggestion? I am debating if it should just be no rewards at all since I’m kinda sick of being spawn-bombed on ground. Well, at least the current repair cost determined by play time shouldn’t make this hurt the wallet too much…

1 Like

well my message in suggestion was approved, but i dont see in this time

1 Like

BORING! get gooderer.

Lol naval and bomber line primary bro and my kd is directly reflected upon spawn camping in ground. Literally mastered the air and naval and finally started on ground and since thenstart i have 6 tanks in my lineup and i do well on the first life with any of those and then respawn and get spawn killed by helis or tanks or planes it dont matter im getting slammed so trahs talk some more it just shows how foolish you look when this post is about the issue of spawn camping and poor map design are causes of stats going down the drain. Also if you know anything about math the more battles you play overall the easier it is for kd and win rate to drop… just a little note of wisdom for the foolish

Okay so everything you just said there is what is wrong with the game I protect my flank. I am the flank holder. I protect my flank against multiple opponents. I take out multiple opponents before I get taken out by an air unit on my first bond back within the first three minutes of the game there’s somebody on the spawn that should not be allowed and I can always not spawn anymore. Then I have to leave the game and then I gotta wait five minutes to be able to play another round in anything that I wanna play that’s fucked up why would I wanna play any game? That makes me wait five minutes because they won’t fix an obvious fault in the game that they need to just take care of create base defenses so that way people can’t just rush up on the base, or take away the financial benefits of spawn camping give them no credits no RP for spawn camping. No kills in the spawn count. It’s an easy fix. It’s an easy way to make everybody happy so that way you know sure you might die but at least nobody’s gaining anything from it and it deter people from wanting to spawn camp fight the map, fair redesign some maps, make them better make them a little more challenging give them more objectives to go to do anything to prevent them from spawn camping , because it ruins the game as a whole

Please don’t. Spawn camping is a game mechanic and nothing support can do about it.
It’s all just a team and skill issue

1 Like

I really really really support banning people from the support website as well as the bug report website (but not from the game itself) for creating false tickets and wasting time of the support agents and technical moderators